Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 15:55   #1
BANNED

Honda Accord V6 ECU remap.??

hey guys i guess you are aware of what the nemesis is i.e the honda accord v6 magnaflow cat back exhaust , k&n filter , koni shocks , nos wet kit . Well all this is fun for a daily drive but what i think it lacks is a S mode that we get in most of the german cars i.e the bmw's , mercs etc. so i was wondering that is there anything that could be done to give my v6 something like a 'S' mode so as to make the car more responsive and more fun .
thanks
accord masters
Old 11th February 2009, 16:05   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Get in touch with viper and zackie for extra mods & the remap. He's done wonders on my car (not an accord though) and others.

Edit: see this link, may give you ideas: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...rd-2-4-mt.html

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 11th February 2009 at 16:06.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:33   #3
Team-BHP Support

i 2nd that. check out zakies remaps.
Old 12th February 2009, 02:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have got my civic done up from Zakie and the results are very significant, get in touch with him.
Old 12th February 2009, 09:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I have got my civic done up from Zakie and the results are very significant, get in touch with him.

Oh wow - when was that ? I do not recall reading it here. How much more power were you able to extract out of the stock engine ?

Please do post some details / review

Cheers
Old 12th February 2009, 11:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Oh wow - when was that ? I do not recall reading it here. How much more power were you able to extract out of the stock engine ?

Please do post some details / review

Cheers
you can find all the details here

team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/50142-civic-k-n-typhoon-kit-edit-now-re-mapped.html
Old 12th February 2009, 15:41   #7
BHPian

Bro,

remap might be good, but try out a Standalone engine management system, like the one's Racedynamics does! It will take your car's performance to the next level..

cheers
shrey
Old 12th February 2009, 15:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Bro,

remap might be good, but try out a Standalone engine management system, like the one's Racedynamics does! It will take your car's performance to the next level..

cheers
shrey
Care to differentiate between "Standalone engine management system" and "Remapped ECU" ??
Old 12th February 2009, 16:11   #9
BHPian

Standalone EMS, is a diff ecu itself, its like having another ecu in your car. Your original remains where it is. The standalone will take readings from the sensors present in your car and fool the original to belevie that its working, but everything will happen from the standalone ecu.

In short it gives you more versatality, like choosing between multiple maps on the fly n stuff, having stuff like launch controll etc..etc..

A remap does have its limitations, like you cant swtich between maps, Once you get the ecu remapped, it will work only on that map,however, in a standalone, you can do whatever you want. (this might not be the best example, but I hope you get my drift..)

Hope this helps.
Shrey

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 12th February 2009 at 16:14.
Old 12th February 2009, 18:17   #10
BANNED

Guys i just want more power from my car without ruining it as simple as that . So , im good with standalone or a remaped ecu anything which could be done and handled carefully here . More power is never regretted.
Old 12th February 2009, 19:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
Guys i just want more power from my car without ruining it as simple as that . So , im good with standalone or a remaped ecu anything which could be done and handled carefully here . More power is never regretted.

Seems like Zakie is your man !! From what m4ugr8's experience is - it surely seems worth the effort. Atleast it would actually deliver what you want

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 12th February 2009 at 19:23.
Old 12th February 2009, 20:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Standalone EMS, is a diff ecu itself, its like having another ecu in your car. Your original remains where it is. The standalone will take readings from the sensors present in your car and fool the original to belevie that its working, but everything will happen from the standalone ecu.

In short it gives you more versatality, like choosing between multiple maps on the fly n stuff, having stuff like launch controll etc..etc..

A remap does have its limitations, like you cant swtich between maps, Once you get the ecu remapped, it will work only on that map,however, in a standalone, you can do whatever you want. (this might not be the best example, but I hope you get my drift..)

Hope this helps.
Shrey
That was helpful for sure !!

Any idea how much do they cost here in India.. say for a civic or accord ??
Old 12th February 2009, 21:01   #13
BHPian

Guys from race dynamics have done a remap on a Green V6 accord in Kolkata also running to big exhausts.
Old 12th February 2009, 21:05   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish9000 View Post
Guys from race dynamics have done a remap on a Green V6 accord in Kolkata also running to big exhausts.

Hi,

That ECU was removed from the car a long while ago and that car was a 2.4 MT.

Viper
Old 12th February 2009, 23:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

@Accord Masters: You can try any of the two option, AFAIK A Standalone requires much more tunning and other stuff(I maybe wrong here) RD has no dealers or service back ups here in Delhi.

The Re-Map is working very well for me, And all the members who have had a feel of the car has liked it so far. I would recommend Zakie from my personal experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks