Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 20:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Did Scorpio ever came with front leaf suspension?
I think Kodava's Bolero has a front leaf suspension. Not sure if there are any Scorps with this, though
Old 13th September 2010, 21:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
@ Mooza

Thanks for the updates . The issue is that your car is the right candidate for a upgrade for Bilsteins .

What we all have is the upgrades coil springs with MHawk engine . Is it worth spending 30K + for a upgrade ?

I still feel that Scorpio in low speeds can act better in cities and certainly does not give u confidence in turning around 80-90 Kms at high speeds .

Is cornering improved through the new suspension setup ?

"Most" SUV's would not be "safe" turning sharp corners at 80 kmph. Ultimately one has to appreciate the High Ground Clearance.

Post a new Suspension on my Pajero I can take sharper & faster turns, but then the suspension setup differs a lot between the two.

You can throw a GV at greater speeds as it is an AWD. But the Scorpio, I do not think it is a good idea. Incidentally I used to have a 2004 Scorpio myself. The boat ride was fun. I am sure the Bilstiens took part of that fun away

Cheers
Old 13th September 2010, 21:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

I am sure the Bilstiens took part of that fun away

Cheers[/quote]

Yes, and apart from that, they took away a part of my wallet too !
Old 3rd February 2012, 00:10   #34
BHPian

Re: Upgrade options for Scorpio's suspension ?

Hi has anyone used the Bilsteins on the new Scorpios? I'm really troubled by the ride of my Scorpio VLX on long trips and am contemplating installing the Bilsteins! Just wanna know if they are worth the 38k
Old 3rd February 2012, 06:14   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
Hi has anyone used the Bilsteins on the new Scorpios? I'm really troubled by the ride of my Scorpio VLX on long trips and am contemplating installing the Bilsteins! Just wanna know if they are worth the 38k
hi
in all my cars including suvs i use bilstein b6 shocks
i think bilstein is the best shocks in this world but is my opinion
i have a skoda and ford engine based chinese suv
yes they are expensive but i think worth every penny

also i wont buy a car if there is no bilstein shocks avaible for the car
before buying a new car i check if bilstein shocks are avaible then only i buy the car

Last edited by narry : 3rd February 2012 at 06:15.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:36   #36
BHPian

Gurus,
I need to change one of the rear shockers of my 2009 Scorpio SLE. I am thinking of changing to Bilstein B6. Is it worth going for Bilsteins or should I stick to the stock shocks?

One of my friends is leaving for US for a week and he can bring back B6 shockers. I was checking Amazon but found too many shockers labelled as B6 and am confused which is the right one for my scorpio. Below is the link.

Amazon.com: bilstein b6

I would appreciate if someone could guide me properly.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodava View Post
Thanks for the details, Murli. Yes they are for my 4x4 bolero. I finally ordered them from the US and it cost me 28K for four. Fantastic performance :-)

Kodava
Hi Kodava,

I am looking to import Bilstein B6 shocks for my 2009 Scorpio. I would appreciate if you could provide me with the Bilstein B6 shocks' part numbers that you imported from US and also the store/website you bought them from?

Thanks in advance.
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 21:04   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Hi Kodava,

I am looking to import Bilstein B6 shocks for my 2009 Scorpio. I would appreciate if you could provide me with the Bilstein B6 shocks' part numbers that you imported from US and also the store/website you bought them from?

Thanks in advance.
I have used Bilstein on street cars and have now also used Tein and I think you should explore if there are Tein available for the Scorpio.
Old 18th May 2012, 14:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerFool View Post
I have used Bilstein on street cars and have now also used Tein and I think you should explore if there are Tein available for the Scorpio.
Thanks Powerfool. I am hearing about Tein for the first time. Let me find out if someone has used Tein on Scorpio on this forum.
Old 30th July 2014, 13:43   #40
BHPian

This is an old thread- and here is my query_
I own a mHawk Scorpio- and am looking at getting some 'comfort upgrades-' meaning a better suspension than stock, and possibly a aftermarket addon chip like Petes (that kind)- to make driving a pleasure and my ride a little plusher.
Lowering air pressure is not an option- and I run stock Bridgestone tires.
I do not intend to race or do off road, and almost 100% of my riding is on tarmac.
Email and Whatsapp- available on request.
If you know anyone who could help me improve the drive and ride quality of the MHawk (2.2)- that would be nice.
Regards,
KD
Mumbai.
Old 14th August 2014, 12:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
This is an old thread- and here is my query_
I own a mHawk Scorpio- and am looking at getting some 'comfort upgrades-' meaning a better suspension than stock, and possibly a aftermarket addon chip like Petes (that kind)- to make driving a pleasure and my ride a little plusher.
Lowering air pressure is not an option- and I run stock Bridgestone tires.
I do not intend to race or do off road, and almost 100% of my riding is on tarmac.
Email and Whatsapp- available on request.
If you know anyone who could help me improve the drive and ride quality of the MHawk (2.2)- that would be nice.
Regards,
KD
Mumbai.

Hi KD

I spoke to Red rooster in Bangalore

According to him , the kit he suggested from Tien is as follows

Street Basis Suspension

TEIN Street Basis
The ride height is manually adjustable and the 'damping force' (an expression of the sensation of sound suspension), is customizable to need. The entire existing OE damper unit is replaced. Comes as a set of 4. Ideal for lifting that tarmac-scraping City off the road, for correcting the heavy roll factor in the Scorpio, and more!

The MRP is 68K for this kit , was offered for 50K and this is only for Scorpios bought after 2009 -12

According to Red rooster team ,

In 2012 Scorpio has changed there dampeners and they can't be upgraded . They also claim that this kit is specifically done keeping in mind the roll factor of Scorpio.

A demo M Hawk based Scorpio is available in there Whitefield setup for demo and test drive . I plan to go this weekend and get some inputs , photographs and video if available for reference .

The post 2012 Scorpios have a soft suspension and is better then the one we own is the input from Red rooster team .

My only grouse with Scorpio is the ride quality. I also cross checked if upgrading the existing Tyre set up could help . According to Red rooster team , its not needed and a damper upgrade can be done and we can retain the 235 R16 . Let me know if you have further feedback in this regard .
Ranga is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks