Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 05:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Thanks a lot Guys for the kind words. mean time got installed a pair of Advan neovas Ad07 today on front with pair of alloys repainted.must say the Neovas are worth every penny, a big thanks to ishan for arranging this for me & i plan to install the Neovas instead of Maxxis for rear pretty soon, some pics taken by dippy from his phone cam.
HOLY **** you're putting down 350 whp with 205s? I'm having trouble putting down 200 on the miata with those, and I'm running WAY stickier rubber than Neovas, AND I have rear wheel drive.

Buddy of mine who drag races says anything above 250 whp on a civic hatch, you're looking at 245 or larger street rubber for even halfway decent traction. And that's on a hatch which has a more favorable weight distribution.
Old 17th February 2009, 09:12   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
HOLY **** you're putting down 350 whp with 205s? I'm having trouble putting down 200 on the miata with those, and I'm running WAY stickier rubber than Neovas, AND I have rear wheel drive.

Buddy of mine who drag races says anything above 250 whp on a civic hatch, you're looking at 245 or larger street rubber for even halfway decent traction. And that's on a hatch which has a more favorable weight distribution.
Ananth, There's a space limitation on an OHC Wheel Well, it cannot accomodate more than 205 width, i wanted 225 minimum but that doesn't fit, 350 is at 17 psi that doesn't mean i will be running that kind of boost in 1st & 2nd gear. i have setup boost according to gearing & RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Jitu,

As I mentioned earlier, this car is more than worth getting publicized in a newspaper or two. Awesome stuff man.
Thanks mahesh, the car is still not ready the way i want & i am in no mood for any kind of publicity as i build this car for myself, may be later down the line later but not now.
Old 17th February 2009, 09:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Ananth, There's a space limitation on an OHC Wheel Well, it cannot accomodate more than 205 width, i wanted 225 minimum but that doesn't fit, 350 is at 17 psi that doesn't mean i will be running that kind of boost in 1st & 2nd gear. i have setup boost according to gearing & RPM.
Yes I understand the boost control can be controlled by gear. But you wont reach 17 psi in second or first anyway because there is lower load on the engine.

The point is, this is what you need obviously. a discreet set of fender flares:

1st ever Dyno Graph of my Turbocharged Hybrid OHC (320+ WHP!)-b_180423.jpg
Old 17th February 2009, 10:19   #109
Senior - BHPian

Not that I am technically very knowledgeable, but flared arches will certainly help accomodate wider tyres, but possibly one would need a negative offset rim, right ?

Cheers
Old 17th February 2009, 12:44   #110
Awaiting Email Confirmation

JITU...I always knew that someday the boost will run in your direction...congratulations on the first step ( for us). now to concentrate on other things..excellent work.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:59   #111
Senior - BHPian

Awesome dyno graph, awesome car. Mighty congratulations to you.

Also, i have seen people running 225 in front and 235s in the back in lancers without any flaring done... have u tried fitting in some wider tires to check? I think City should accomodate 225 with just slight rolling in of the fenders inner curves.
Old 17th February 2009, 17:07   #112
Senior - BHPian

Was in Pune when i got the news. Had half a mind to take the next bus to Bbay. LOL

350bhp@9250rpm is insane. Do post the dyno chart for the latter.

Until then, i'l be more than happy drooling over the 318whp version.

PS : I think its time to take your mod to the next level and give us the first AWD OHC!!!

Shan2nu
Old 17th February 2009, 19:12   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Was in Pune when i got the news. Had half a mind to take the next bus to Bbay. LOL
LOL, was wondering what took you so long to reply here. where's wolf? was waiting to hear his comment ra.
Old 17th February 2009, 22:00   #114
BHPian

Jitubhai,
I am in complete loss of words. When you come to Shivaji Park next time (you were there today), I am going to beg like crazy till you take me for a short spin.
Old 17th February 2009, 23:25   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
It's answered in his first post.
Hats off to u man.. wanna see more info bout it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th February 2009 at 23:38. Reason: u = you, bout = about. Please try to type in full words as per the Team-BHP rules. Thanks.
Old 18th February 2009, 10:01   #116
Senior - BHPian

Holy mother of God. Bas. *speechless*.

Ok. Who's got the Vbox?

P.S - C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S, Jeetu bhai.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:06   #117
BHPian

Jeetu,

This is un frigging believable. 350 whp from a 1.75 literwith pump gas? Wow

Hats off to your dedication and patience.Next time I am in Mumbai, I am earmarking a day to come and see your car in action. Hope you will be free then.

Vijay
Old 18th February 2009, 12:56   #118

This is amazing FORD ROCAM
Old 18th February 2009, 13:38   #119
BHPian

Hi Jitu,

First and foremost, congratulations on the first major milestone of the epic build. Was following it through various stages via various sources over the past years. Doing something of this magnitude in India isn't a joke, given the fact that it is a complete DIY project.

That apart, I would like to know a few harmless details about the setup.

1. Are you using any form of auxiliary injection (water/methanol/toluol). Is it via calibrated jetting or is it EMS controlled?

2. Is it an internal or external wastegate setup?

3. What cams (brand)? Or have you retained the stock cams since they tend to work well with forced induction (at this level at least). You have mentioned upgraded valvetrain components, what is included in that.

4. Is the crank COMPLETELY stock or has undergone balancing?

5. Are the driveshafts stock?

and if possible, what kind of AFRs you are doing at WOT.

Thanks and hope to see your car soon at TN.
Old 18th February 2009, 15:24   #120
BHPian

Congratulations jitu way to go.
Hope the ps is working fine now.
Just the videos, the RULE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks