Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2005, 18:38   #1

Advice on zen

people my father owns A maruti 800 and a new zen. The only problem with the otherwise good zen is the gearbox. Although the upshifts and downshifts are quite slick the problem is with the reverse. whenever the car needs to be reversed the gearstick needs quite a lot of caoxing to slot into reverse and more over makes horrible noses of something grinding.
and could you please advise me how to convert the simple Sony music system into a bit load one without spending more than 4k greenbacks.
Old 1st May 2005, 21:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try to be a little more clear as you started talking about gears and finished asking about Music.
Old 2nd May 2005, 10:40   #3
BHPian

move your car a bit front before engaging reverse gear. that will solve ur problem. ur question was not so clear so took noice into consideration.

Last edited by ravi_28_8 : 2nd May 2005 at 10:42. Reason: to add "your car "
Old 2nd May 2005, 10:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

the reverse gear on the zen is not synchronised...thats why its a little harder to put reverse gear...when u stop the car...wait a 2-3 seconds....then put reverse. Also if reverse is not engaging smoothly....release and press the clutch once again. This should solve your problem...i had a similar problem.

Drifter
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

if the reverse is a problem,then shift to neutral ,declutch and then again **** into reverse.
it used to happen when my car was also new.
BTW the first gear and the reverse gears in a zen are constant-mesh while others are synchromesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks