Team-BHP - Palio Mods (TC, ECM, & Rear Disc Brake Conversion)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Palio Mods (TC, ECM, & Rear Disc Brake Conversion) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5366-palio-mods-tc-ecm-rear-disc-brake-conversion.html)

Hi,

I’m looking to mod my Palio 1.6GTX.
The Mods I’m looking to do are;

a) Install a Turbo.

b) Re-Tune my ECM.

c) Most important mod upgrade my brakes i.e. Rear disc conversion.

I wanted to know if the following mods are possible and how much would it set me back?

Regards,
Satyam.

BUMP

Come on guys I'm sure someone will know if these mods are possible on the palio or not.

satyam

well if you are ready for worst fuel efficency then even formula one cars then go ahead. I dont think its advisable on a Palio. Best would be a Lancer or a Baleno IMHO. Still lets hear what the experts aka Ice, Zengt et all have to say who are into this.

better go NA on it. much easier and lots can be done to that engine. had given some details to harrie about this ask him. rear disc and ecm zengt can help you out.

hey buddy tc'ing i dont think advisable on a palio..more like a lancer or a NHC or a baleno...well rear brake's and ecu remapping...umm well if your putting in all that money why dont you just get another car and work on it...i mean no matter what you do you wont be satisfied with the outcome of the money that you invest into the palio..well this was just my bit that i could give you the rest is upto you...cheers...!!:)

The Palio would be a great car to work on. It's a tough shell and would withstand a lot of power. The fact that you can get them for less than 2 lakhs makes me wonder why people bother buying Zen's and putting Esteem engines in them!

Anyways, back to the point.

Fitting a turbo and running a low boost would make a great engine even better. What you need to do is tune it to increase you low and mid range power curve rather than just look at outright hp figures.

If you are going to add a TC, you would by default need to rework your ECU.

Brakes and suspension should be the first on your list though. Rear discs would be doable for sure. Infact I am thinking about the same for my Octi as well.

How much would all this cost, well, I guess that would depend on who you go through and what you buy. You're looking at about a lakh for all this work for sure. How high is upto you!

Hey sbfx after ice told me palio is hot in the UK i did a bit of research... and guess what i found? the palio is not so hot in the UK but the UNO is !!!

Contrary to what many people think FIATs can be made hot afterall they are italian are'nt they ? :D

I found a guy with a TCed fiat uno putting out about 145 BHP but the point is the uno in those markets came with a 1/1.3L TCed FIRE engine. so not a big deal i guess.

Then there is this another guy from sweden. He is just insane man... just have a look at the dyno figures he has put up

Quote:

I am now finnished with the dyno.. I got enourmus 67 Nm as a sucker! he he

190 hp @ 1 bar
230 hp @ 1.4 bar
245 hp @ 1.75 bar The turbo don´t like the high pressure and the intecooler got to hot during dyno..
Quote:

I love spending me money on my UT

but then again i love seeing scoobies/m3's etc drivers faces as i stick to there rear bumper on the juel carrigeway :D

and i get a bigger smile when the motorbike i blew off at 120+ the other day then pulled up next to me, flipped his helmet open and said "what the bloody ell u got in that mate? i couldn't keep up!" and he looked gutted when i said "1.4 mate" hehe and it wasn't a crappy scooter or nothing, beefy bike it was :D

Dunc
So i am guessing it might be very much possible to get the palio to 140 bhp without a turbo.

IMHO anything greater than 150 bhp on a palio would make it unfit for daily use. after talking to some people in UK i have decided not to mod my GTX because

1. Its not the engine upgrade cost only but you'll also have to upgrade a lot of other parts which would really burn my wallet out
2. Doesnt make sense to have all that power in a daily driver
3. I am very much satisfied with the 100 bhp and have found that except for the feel good factor and the ocassional thrill of the 100 horses unleashed i dont need all that much (like for drags etc.,)

If you really want to go ahead and do the modifications, what i think would be the best is tuned exhaust, K&N, porting and polishing. Just upgrade the tires a size or two and you are ready to roll. If done right this should get you about 15 BHP.

Incase you wanna go wild with the GTX then visit www.fiatforum.com or www.turbo124.com for more information. you should be able to meet people with hot fiats there. they should be able to help you. Both the above mentioned sites are forums like ours.

Thanks for the replies guys, well I thought long and hard before putting up this post. Initially I thought I would just sell her and get a Used Vtec but I couldn’t understand why has no one around here done something serious with the palio so I figured if all these things are possible then I would surely put the bucks down to do it.

I would love to have the TC installed I'm certain it would be better that just NA assuming that the mod is done correctly with the remap of the ecm. The other concern I have with the palio is that the brakes are just plain crap makes me nervous most of the times when I abuse her.

Harrie: Thanks for the links would surely check them out right away

Can you guys recommended someone knowledgeable over here in bombay who could work on my car?

Regards,
Satyam.

PS: I really don’t care for the fuel economy, as it is I’m averaging only 6KM so doesn’t matter if does down to 4KM.

PPS: It surely would be fun if I can actually make this happen.

hey for a good turbo in bombay i would say zengt. done a few good jobs other than him is karan shah...but he is more into city and lancer mods.

Iceman91,

could I have their contact no's?

Thanks,
Satyam

If its Palio modding you're after, the best is Speed Demon. He's done some wild Palio's already and will surely be able to give you what you're looking for.

Call Ashdeen on 24974286.

teamfs or zengt is avble at cash_fs@hotmail.com

Hey Rtech , can u post Speed Demon tuned Palio pics?
Also , do u have any idea whether He has done any mods to a T-Bhpian owned SL55 ?

Agree with Rtech...had seen a Palio 1.6 at fellow member MKRAFT's garage. Had come there for body kit. It was LOUD & imitation recaro seats....usual K&N + free flow & upgraded plugs too I think. Rest I can't remember actually. Also it had the starter button..looked cool.

Dipen,
I don't think any mods on the SL. Purely for promotion purpose :)

hey if you want ashdeen to work on the car i think it's going to be one tough thing to get him to do it...he just doesn't work on anyone's car...he's very selective about his work...and yes he's done an insanely fast palio which was even at the speed run last to last year...it's still running around town...and trust me it's fast mad fast...although i dont think that palio was tc'd ..it was just his porting and piston polishing..k&n and headres i guess..he's just amazing at his work...hehe...:) cheers...!!