Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2005, 08:35   #1
BHPian

Loads of Accessory questions on NHC CVT

Hi everyone..I just registered for this Forum yesterday,well,I have booked a Black New Honda City CVT,and will soon get delivery of the vehicle.
I have a few accessory questions :
1.Would fitting in 15 inch Alloys+Tyres instead of company 14 inch do any good except for the looks in the new car?
2.Which company alloy wheels should I go in for,and which company/model tyres to buy?
3.My Stereo system budget is Rs30,000,and I am planning for a Pioneer MP7750 Head Unit,and Rear 6X9" 5-way 400+watt speakers,with front 5" speakers,2 tweeters and component system with Mini-Amp.
How well are Sound Stream Component systems?Also,which company is good for front Speakers/tweeters?
Could someone provide me a good reliable dealer to get the stereo system installed?
4.If I fit in Pure Leather seats,will they get much more heated than Fabric/PU Coated seats?
5.I am planning to get good quality window tintscof LLumar fitting on 4 side windows and rear window.I have seen front windscreen transparent films available..is it worth to fit those ?..?..
Also,Which window film is good among the following companies?
a.Garware SunControl Film
b.VKOOL Films
c.LLumar
I don't know any other companies except these..
6.Can you suggest some good Auto Accessory dealers in Mumbai?..
Thanks a lot,
Suraj
Old 3rd May 2005, 10:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey man...welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car. Its sure is a pleasure to drive specially in bombay traffic, speaking out of experience as i own the exact same car as u...black cvt :-) ....I suggest u put 15inch rims with 195 tyres will make the car look much better, as for the tyres i suggest michellin. Dont put any PU seats, put genuine leather if you decide to change these artifical leather things are not worth it. As it is i feel the fabric seats of the new city are excellent, so dont compromise on anything but good quality leather.Yes your car will get pretty heated in the summers specially since ur car is black u will face the same problem i do in my accord which is black with beige leather and during those hot summer days its a hot box when parked for a long time. But i am willing to deal with the 5 min of discomfort compared to the feel and comfort i get from the leather seats.
As for the front windscreen we have a recently started thread just on that topic so you should have all u r questions answered once u read it ...here is the link.... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5142
As for suggesting an auto accessory dealer in bombay... go to Shreenath on milan subway he is a good frnd of mine ...get alll my cars done from him... he should be able to help u would with the audio,films and leather stuff.
Old 3rd May 2005, 16:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

sahil, how many cars do you have? 5? 10? 20? :-)

what is the name of shrre nath's shop? sorry if this is astupid question. never looked at the shops at milan subway. years ago (late 80s) i went to a bhavi motors. they did not give me the time of day. after all i got only 1 car! :-) so i did my stuff myself.

later a friend recomended bharat radio in worli and although others here have had a bad experience i find them ok. they let me listen to a sub or an amp overnight (esp if they have it is stock) and then pay for it. besides they are a stone's throw from work.

Last edited by navin : 3rd May 2005 at 16:30.
Old 3rd May 2005, 16:52   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Bigger tyres will improve the braking, handling. Stick to an indian brand for warranty hassles
2. Get Brigestone Potenza G3s. I was a fool not to get those.
3. Ask someone as i am not too up to date with the prices, but get a double din system with MP3 (14K - it was 17 a year ago).
4. Leather is a very good option and in a light colour they will not get very heated but def. more then its fabric counterpart.
5. VKool is one of the best sunfilms unless you are on a budget.
6. Go to Opera House in Mumbai.
Lots of car accesories available there.
Old 3rd May 2005, 19:26   #5
BHPian

Get the JVC 2 din unit. Its only 8.5k when i checked it last week. As for alloys go for some imported alloys. They cost marginally more but offer more choices.

For the audio system, go for the following

1. JVC 2-din unit/ pioneer 7750 - 12k
2. Sound stream components - 5.5K
3. Sony 4 channel amp - 6k
4. Sony sub - 4k

Go for good quality cables and use two channels for the speakers and two channels bridged for the sub. It should be really good. i am getting a similar setup for my car.
Old 3rd May 2005, 19:53   #6
BHPian

opera house or milan subway

Hi.Guys,any idea as to whether I should go to some Opera House Dealer in Mumbai,or Milan Subway,Santacruz ?..?..
I've heard Shreeji Car Accessories at Opera House is good,while Bhavi Motors at Milan Subway is good.
Suraj
Old 3rd May 2005, 20:47   #7
BANNED

Hey srasnaia,
Congo on your CVT.
I saw one white one today near metro which looked superb with the OHC Vtec alloys. It had Accord music system in it.
Cheers.
Old 4th May 2005, 00:02   #8
Team-BHP Support

the CVT would need a 2 DIN system or an adapter. there are very few 2 DIN systems out there and even fewer good ones (atleast as good as their 1 DIN counterparts). one advantage of a 2 din system is that most of them will include tape as well as CD/MP3.

eg: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JSxTYD6...0&I=113DPX4070
or
http://www.ibuydigital.com/main.cfm?...TOKEN=85275804
or
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=13711
or
http://www.cardomain.com/item/SONWX4500X?ref=bizrdf
or
http://www.idealav.com/item.aspx?pid=49720

and only one that has DVD playback (Kenwood's 7016) not listed here at it will bust your 30K budget. i would choose between the Pioneer 5000 and Kenwood 4070. the pio has sub level control and 24bit Burr Brown DACs.

i have listed stereos from various sites so you get the home links of these site. many of them have forums and oen can learn a lot from there.

you could ofcourse get 2 single DIN components like a CD Receiver and a DVD player or EQ or a Powered flip Screen or in dash CD changer (read as Nakamichi).
Old 4th May 2005, 01:35   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

@navin ... i have an accord for myself...one old city and one cvt new ...a c-class and endeavour.And since i have a joint business family we buy all cars in 2's ... all the others are at the factory in poona.
But anyways getting back to the topic... Shreenath is the shops name...its the last shop on the left hand side of the road towards milan subway...the owners name is deepak...is a good frnd of mine.... just use my name anytime u go he will treat u like a king haha. I used to get my work done from bhavi ...he is good but too expensive.
Old 4th May 2005, 01:52   #10
BHPian

hey buddy congrats on your new ride...well for starters do get 15 inchers they are nice...well then tyres would be deifnately goodyear eagle F1 and yea since your getting a new car i gues pioneer system is an absolute NO NO...see if you can manage to push your budget a little bit go in for alpine...trust me even the normal front door mount speakers from alpine sound better than the pioneer components..well besides that LLumnar tints for the side and the rear glass and on the windshield you could get V-Kool ..its the best thing going...hehe...well leather interior's depends totally on where you usually park your car...as in if its in exposure to sunlight all the time well then you have the problem of heating and stuff like that which is very annoying..and yea if you can manage to save in a couple of extra bucks do get a K&N box replacement filter for your car...trust me i'm a stockist and i know it does wonder's...hehe...well yea use synthetic engine oil if possible...and a good drive in period and regular services and carbon and injector cleaning should give you a smooth and nice ride...anyways if you do need any other info feel free to pm me...cheers...
Old 4th May 2005, 09:03   #11
BANNED

Quote:
well then tyres would be deifnately goodyear eagle F1
Why do you say that??

Quote:
the CVT would need a 2 DIN system or an adapter. there are very few 2 DIN systems out there and even fewer good ones (atleast as good as their 1 DIN counterparts). one advantage of a 2 din system is that most of them will include tape as well as CD/MP3
Why does the CVT need a 2 din system? wont a 1 din work fine?

Quote:
K&N box replacement filter for your car...trust me i'm a stockist and i know it does wonder's
Please elaborate on this. How much will it cost and how it will exactly help a New City Cvt

Last edited by Montoya : 4th May 2005 at 09:05.
Old 4th May 2005, 09:37   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTOYA
Please elaborate on this. How much will it cost and how it will exactly help a New City Cvt
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...t=K%26N+filter
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...lter#post67071

Hope this helps.
Old 4th May 2005, 10:02   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
see if you can manage to push your budget a little bit go in for alpine...trust me even the normal front door mount speakers from alpine sound better than the pioneer components..if you can manage to save in a couple of extra bucks do get a K&N box replacement filter for your car...well yea use synthetic engine oil if possible......
speakers: I find Alpine, JBL and Blaupunkt all to offer teh same build quality. the sound however is a matter of taste. I prefered Alpine but I would suggest you give all 3 a listen. Others (Pioneer, Sony MB Quart, Infinity, Vifa, ScanSpeak, Focal, Audax) are either too expensive, not easily available and/or not in direct competition with Alpine/Blaupunkt/JBL.

HU: I have 3 Alpines but I have them so that I dont fumble for buttons. I have been using Alpines since the mid 80s (20 years now) and my 1996 Opel Astra still has a 1987 Alpine working in it. Having said that much I would also like to mention that while Alpine had a huge lead in build quality (save Nakamichi)) in the past this difference is greatly reduced. The newer Alpines (9830 and 9833 that I have) are nice machines but their controls have a steep learning curve and require constant refering to teh owner's manual. TODAY I would recomend that you CONSIDER other brands too.
Old 4th May 2005, 10:13   #14
BANNED

Thanx Rudra Sir.

Srasania you can also go in for side step garnish they look cool but i would highly recomend to go for the window locks..
Old 6th May 2005, 14:08   #15
BHPian

teflon..company or outside?

Hi.Are there different qualities of Teflon Coating for vehicles?..?
Honda Company people tell me their Teflon Coating is for Rs4500 for New Honda City.Should I go with their coating or should I get it done from outside?..will the quality be better outside,and pricewise too?
What is the average life of each teflon coat?..is it around 2 years or so,as told to me by one car accessory shop..
Suraj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks