Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:50   #1
BHPian

Rear spoiler for Hyundai Verna

Hi, anyone have information regarding where I can get a rear spoiler for my verna in chennai? The dealer says they dont have spoilers for verna anymore. Where can I get them outside? And approximate cost?
Old 24th February 2009, 17:16   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Hi, anyone have information regarding where I can get a rear spoiler for my verna in chennai? The dealer says they dont have spoilers for verna anymore. Where can I get them outside? And approximate cost?
Although its your personal choice, but The Verna looks very neat without a spoiler. I've seen a few with after-market fitments and they do look shoddy.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Kitup

There's a Coimbatore based company called Kitup Automotive. They make entire body kits for a huge range of Indian cars (inlcuding verna, obviously!). You can get contact details from their website. I'm sure they'll have a range of spoilers for the Verna.

One of Kolkata's biggest accessory shops has a tie up with them, and I recently saw a kit someone else had procured. Pretty high quality, fit and finish seems better than the Chinese/Taiwanese garbage we usually get. Am thinking of fitting a body kit to my car as well.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I guess Verna came with the accent rear spoilers. Try with other hyunadi dealers, they may have one in stock or you can try at kitup.com

Last edited by sajands : 24th February 2009 at 18:51. Reason: had to correct the sentece
Old 24th February 2009, 19:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Although its your personal choice, but The Verna looks very neat without a spoiler. I've seen a few with after-market fitments and they do look shoddy.
I remember seeing a limited edition verna that had been released to celebrate hyundais 10 years in india or something when we were buying our car. It came with a rear spoiler and it looked very neat. So I have been on the lookout for one if its not too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
There's a Coimbatore based company called Kitup Automotive. They make entire body kits for a huge range of Indian cars (inlcuding verna, obviously!). You can get contact details from their website. I'm sure they'll have a range of spoilers for the Verna.

One of Kolkata's biggest accessory shops has a tie up with them, and I recently saw a kit someone else had procured. Pretty high quality, fit and finish seems better than the Chinese/Taiwanese garbage we usually get. Am thinking of fitting a body kit to my car as well.
Yes I saw the website. They have some neat stuff! But do they have an outlet in chennai? What is the procedure they follow for guys outside coimbatore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I guess Verna came with the accent rear spoilers. Try with other hyunadi dealers, they may have one in stock or you can try at kitup.com
Yes I should try other dealers. But also keeping in mind that the dealer price is always astronomical. I am unsure about any disadvantages of adding a spoiler if there are any at all? For example to fit it on they'll have to drill onto my boot door right? Are there any problems with that?
Old 24th February 2009, 19:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I saw the website. They have some neat stuff! But do they have an outlet in chennai? What is the procedure they follow for guys outside coimbatore?

For example to fit it on they'll have to drill onto my boot door right? Are there any problems with that?
Pras,

Why not just give a call to kitup on the numbers provided? I'm sure they'll have a stockist in Chennai, their nearest Metro!

Most spoilers these days are of the clip-on variety. There's no drilling or cutting required. That way, you dont have to worry about corrosion resulting from a dealer cutting holes in your car body!

I think a spoiler for the Verna (based on the research I'm doing for one in Kolkata) should cost you in the region of 7-8K.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:36   #7
BHPian

hi..
you can get it anywhere in GP road..or if you are somewhere near annanagar..get it at Shankar Car Jewels(near anna tower).i had done my rear spoiler(red) there and you can get a good price too
Old 24th February 2009, 22:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Pras,

Why not just give a call to kitup on the numbers provided? I'm sure they'll have a stockist in Chennai, their nearest Metro!

Most spoilers these days are of the clip-on variety. There's no drilling or cutting required. That way, you dont have to worry about corrosion resulting from a dealer cutting holes in your car body!

I think a spoiler for the Verna (based on the research I'm doing for one in Kolkata) should cost you in the region of 7-8K.
Wow that seems upward. I thought thats how much it would cost at the dealer and it would be within 4 or 5k outside. The clip on thing seems a good deal. I will call kitup and enquire. Thanks!
Old 24th February 2009, 22:05   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
hi..
you can get it anywhere in GP road..or if you are somewhere near annanagar..get it at Shankar Car Jewels(near anna tower).i had done my rear spoiler(red) there and you can get a good price too
Any recommended shop on gp road? mahavir I think is the generally reliable one there right? How much did you get yours for?
Old 19th May 2009, 08:19   #10
BHPian

Guys, I checked out the spoiler catalog at mahavir car accessories on gp road. He told me 2800 for the spoiler + 700 bucks for fitting and painting it to the car colour. So totally 3500 bucks for the spoiler with the brake light. Does this seem ok or can I get it at a lower price?
Old 19th May 2009, 11:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

As Deepan(My Brother) said,Just get the spolier from Sankara car Jewels.
He is my friend only.Deepan also added a spoiler frm here itself in Red color with Brake light.
It looks cool for the price and there's no water logging issues.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi,

As Deepan(My Brother) said,Just get the spolier from Sankara car Jewels.
He is my friend only.Deepan also added a spoiler frm here itself in Red color with Brake light.
It looks cool for the price and there's no water logging issues.
@aks_karthik can you give me a contact number, name and/or location/address of the shop please. Thanks.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Sankar Car Jewels

Landline 044-26204323

Owner : Chowdary : 94444 69385 (Try this one)

Refer my Name as Karthik - Black WagonR
Old 20th October 2009, 02:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Prasanna, did you have any success in this? I am looking for Getz spoilers, let me know if anything works out...
Old 20th October 2009, 14:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Prasanna, did you have any success in this? I am looking for Getz spoilers, let me know if anything works out...
I have removed the spoiler I got because of too much noise. You should probably ask at hyundai itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks