Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 00:48   #16
BHPian

super work nikhilv12!!
all the best man and hope you race this piece of engineering soon on the track. this thread will keep many stuck to their systems for sure.
Old 24th February 2009, 01:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great going, maashe! All the best with the project!
Do do have sketches showing the design of the final plan?
Old 24th February 2009, 01:11   #18
BHPian

Really like the idea.Hope your project turns out to be amazing.Please keep us updated with posts and pics.
Old 24th February 2009, 01:14   #19
BHPian

Dude great going but isn't that chassis too big for the proposed application ? and can it handle the power from a 1.3litre engine ? what kind of welding is being done on the chassis ? what other reinforcements are being done on the same ? have you planned what suspension you are going to use for your project ? and so many questions just so excited to see this.
Old 24th February 2009, 01:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Dude great going but isn't that chassis too big for the proposed application ? and can it handle the power from a 1.3litre engine ? what kind of welding is being done on the chassis ? what other reinforcements are being done on the same ? have you planned what suspension you are going to use for your project ? and so many questions just so excited to see this.
Thank you muneem, With a rear engined car, there is a big problem of weight distribution, so i have made the chassis in such a way that the engine is as far as possible from the seats and the front end. 18 gauge square pipes are strong enough, and electric arc welding has been used on the chassis.

Trusses will be added at a later stage, to the chassis for strengthening. There will also be a roll bar for protection.

As for the suspension, i am going to use double wishbone suspension setup, and the wishbones have to be fabricated. I have not yet decided on which damper and spring setup to use as yet. any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Great going, maashe! All the best with the project!
Do do have sketches showing the design of the final plan?
I do not have a complete sketch. i have a cad model of the chassis and the engine layout. Here is a picture of a similar car.
Attached Thumbnails
My Dream, finally coming to life !-10.jpg  

Last edited by nikhilv12 : 24th February 2009 at 01:54.
Old 24th February 2009, 02:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Very Interesting Nikhil, All the best with your Project, I guess Harsh87 can be of good help to you, He had designed a Car for his College using the Engine of an R6 Bike, Even this year he is working on a Car having a Single cylinder engine. Such projects are always very interesting. Do keep up updated with the progress.

Here are his previous Year Projects, mainly 06 and 07. The pics in this thread almost look identical to what you have started.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...nz-06-car.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...cing-07-a.html

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 24th February 2009 at 02:09. Reason: Links
Old 24th February 2009, 03:30   #22
BHPian

Somehow i feel you should add more strength to the rear part of chasis, since engine is in rear along with two driver seats, the rear four joints of engine bay connecting to main frame will be under pressure since maximum weight is in rear.
what i suggest is add two more support in top & bottom to both sides, from engine mounts location to main frame (as in sample pic) this will add lot of strength to chasis.

My Dream, finally coming to life !-5rework.jpg

All the best for your project & do give us regular updates.
Old 24th February 2009, 03:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice project. Are you following a specific blueprint for the chassis, like say Ron Champion's?
Old 24th February 2009, 03:56   #24
BANNED

hey nikhil nice to see this project coming along...all the best . Just had one thing to ask can something like this be made with a 2.0 ltr bmw inline 6 engine because i got a spare lying around.
cheers
accord masters
Old 24th February 2009, 05:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nikhil,

Great project! All the best.

The frame did look very (very) heavy, but then you clarified that it is just 45kg.

Apart from that, the Skoda that is there in one of your photos, now that looks familiar. Mmmm... now where did I see it....

EDIT: Got the Laura - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...c-black-5.html Still waiting for the number! Long wait, isn't it!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 24th February 2009 at 05:23.
Old 24th February 2009, 06:57   #26
rippergeo

This is being done in trivandrum? i'm definitely looking you up,next time I'm in town.

Old 24th February 2009, 21:21   #27
BHPian

Great effort Nikhil, keep posting pics of your progress. What kind of suspension are you planning on?

I love the super lightweight beige racing seat in the first pic!!
Old 24th February 2009, 21:38   #28
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Great Project!
It looks like you are building this car at your home (the pics say so).

I have seen a sports car chassis kept at our college will get some pics next time. It looks somewhat similar to your project.

By the way I feel this car would be really fast with that 1.3L engine hope your chassis manages to handle that power.

BEST OF LUCK!
Old 24th February 2009, 21:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Another very interesting project ! All the very best to you. Cant wait to see the final product.
Old 25th February 2009, 00:33   #30
BHPian

Thank you every one, Was busy making the floor and the clamps for the seats. I will start the work on the roll bar and the wishbones tomorrow.

I will post some detailed pics by tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Somehow i feel you should add more strength to the rear part of chasis, since engine is in rear along with two driver seats, the rear four joints of engine bay connecting to main frame will be under pressure since maximum weight is in rear.
what i suggest is add two more support in top & bottom to both sides, from engine mounts location to main frame (as in sample pic) this will add lot of strength to chasis.
Thanks Rocam for your suggestions. I am going to make a roll bar which will be connected to the engine bay and the rest of the frame, That should take care of the strength. If the chassis feels week after that also, will make the two supports you have said. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Nice project. Are you following a specific blueprint for the chassis, like say Ron Champion's?
No v1p3r, i am not following any blueprint for the chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey nikhil nice to see this project coming along...all the best . Just had one thing to ask can something like this be made with a 2.0 ltr bmw inline 6 engine because i got a spare lying around.
You could make a crazy front engine, rear wheel drive setup car with that!

Most Viewed