Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 11:59   #1
BHPian

Swift ZXI - Windscreen Cracked - Just like that.

Hi All,

It hapended to me on sunday. I was going for lunch driving my Swift suddenly it appeared ;a crack (3-5 cm) long on my front windscreen.I stopped the car and got out to inspect and couldn't locate any impact point of any stone. So iI started drivng again and within a span of 10 mins that crack increased to 15 inches. Now, I went to pratham motors and they say that new screen will cost me RS 9000 and 2000 for some adhesive.

This is a big money so i thought of getting it repaired by some windscreen expert. Now i need your help to find any windscreen expert in Bangalore.
My glass make is "Asahi".

Just curious if glass is also covered under warranty as my car is only 9.5 months old.

Any leeds ar welcome.Save me from this financial disaster in the times of recession.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift ZXI - Windscreen Cracked - Just like that.-crack.jpg  

Old 24th February 2009, 12:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Glass will be covered under insurance. Though the rubber beeding might not be. However, It is sad to note that the glass cracked on its own. Need to identify the reason(stress point for this crack or external) for that as unless you know the root cause, how will you be able not to face a similiar situation again after replacement!!
Old 24th February 2009, 12:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

I got an estimate of 6000 for my Swift windscreen from Windhshield Experts. 5200 would have been covered under insurance and rest from my pocket.

All of this was discussed on phone. Have not gotten it replaced since the crack seems to have become static.
Old 24th February 2009, 12:35   #4
BHPian

I got the windscreen changed for my Zen (4.5 yr old) some time back. Got it done at MASS. Costed me close to 1800 for the rubber beading and adhesive. The glass was covered under insurance. Not sure of the quality of glass Windshield Expert would use.

The crack can develop cause of sudden change in temp. Did you have the aircon on defrost mode? Car parked in sun for long and aircon on defrost mode will cause a temp shock and can lead to a crack in glass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks