Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 22:06   #1
BHPian

Where in Trivandrum can I get FFE fitted on my Getz?

Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 Getz GLS in completely stock condition. I'm a little disappointed with the low end torque, so I'm planning to get a complete custom bolt-on FFE done from Viper. I'll get the FFE shipped to Trivandrum.

But I dont know any reliable mechanics in Trivandrum who can fit this for me. Will the hyundai authorized service center be able to do this? Can you people give some pointers to reliable shops/mechanics who can fit this for me?

Thanks...
Old 24th February 2009, 23:49   #2
BHPian

Take it to Automechanics, maruthankuzi. Talk to Mr. Sathish over there, he will help you out.
Old 25th February 2009, 12:06   #3
BANNED

You can also get in touch with Jerish666 on the forum who deals with Automech FFE.
Once you have an FFE sourced or made, you can get it fitted by any good mechanic.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
You can also get in touch with Jerish666 on the forum who deals with Automech FFE.
Once you have an FFE sourced or made, you can get it fitted by any good mechanic.
I've heard that Automech doesnt do custom FFEs. I need an FFE with improvement in low-end torque, plus it should not be too nosiy. I'm getting the FFE done at Mumbai from Viper and getting it shipped to Tvm.

I just need a reliable mechanic who can fit it for me. I'll check out the Automechanics shop as suggested by Nikhil. Any other suggestions folks ?
Old 25th February 2009, 16:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBarber View Post
I've heard that Automech doesnt do custom FFEs. I need an FFE with improvement in low-end torque, plus it should not be too nosiy. I'm getting the FFE done at Mumbai from Viper and getting it shipped to Tvm.

I just need a reliable mechanic who can fit it for me. I'll check out the Automechanics shop as suggested by Nikhil. Any other suggestions folks ?
Why FFE from ethical moral point of view will your conscious be ok and allow you to sleep peacefully knowing that carcinogenics emitted caused cancer and other life threatening diseases to others around you including possibly your kith and kin ? I don't want to be preachy but just think once about it and you may reconsider your decision.

Just because few others piss in swimming pool it is not justifiable to piss yourself also dilution due to large volume of swimming pool does not negate the effect. I hope you find analogy relevant.
I am sure I am going to be flamed by "enthusiasts " on this board

Last edited by amitk26 : 25th February 2009 at 16:55.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it's a catback? You should ask him before going all high and mighty on your moral high horse.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

i think automech does do custom FFE's. amit_mechengg got one made according to his requirements
Old 25th February 2009, 18:00   #8
BHPian

most people that i know who have used the Automech FFE have no been very pleased and have resorted to buying and installing a completely different one from another source after a period of time. so i think its better you get the better stuff in the beginning itself else you might want a change too soon

and whatever amitk26 said made absolutely no sense. guess we shall leave him to rant on ..
Old 25th February 2009, 18:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Why FFE from ethical moral point of view will your conscious be ok and allow you to sleep peacefully knowing that carcinogenics emitted caused cancer and other life threatening diseases to others around you including possibly your kith and kin ? I don't want to be preachy but just think once about it and you may reconsider your decision.

Just because few others piss in swimming pool it is not justifiable to piss yourself also dilution due to large volume of swimming pool does not negate the effect. I hope you find analogy relevant.
I am sure I am going to be flamed by "enthusiasts " on this board
Oh man!! Getting on your moral high horse is easy. As you correctly guessed,the FFE I'm planning is NOT a catback. But if my car will pass the emission check without the catcon (which I'm told it'll do), I have no reason to believe I'm poisoning the world.

I understand your point, but if you want to make a difference, first get all the public transport buses into shape. One bus like this emits more pollutants in one minute than my car does in 1 day!!

To use your analogy, my pee will be certified as safe for the pool, but at the same time, there are elephants peeing huge quantities of stinking pee in the pool

If get paranoid like this, I should maybe go back to cycling
Old 25th February 2009, 18:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Flames and rents are welcome , It surely hurts image and self esteem of those who have already fitted and in few cases business interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Maybe it's a catback?
May be it is not who knows and how many you have seen fitting FFE with Catalytic converter worth around 50 K ( or 30K depending on model) with palladium and platinum components?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
and whatever amitk26 said made absolutely no sense. guess we shall leave him to rant on ..
Smoking cures cancer but just ones own or of secondry smokers in family, FFE may cure yours as well as ppl around you ... The purpose of rant will be served even If I can rob away just one customer from Murderers fitting FFE which is not more then a modified steel pipe in diesel vehicles.

You and/or your business ( in case you fit it ) may be hurt but so be it.
People searching threads on FFE in future will stumble across this and probably if few of them change mind it will give me bliss.
I hope this does not invite ban or reprimand from some moderator friends.

Last edited by amitk26 : 25th February 2009 at 18:20.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2009, 18:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

um, what about the N20 which cat cons put out? or the side effects of the rare earths used in cat cons ?

I'm not saying cat cons are univerally bad. Just that they have their negative effects as well. Just like CFL's were once considered a 100% eco friendly lighting solution

EDIT: Catalytic Converters and Global Warming

here you go

Last edited by greenhorn : 25th February 2009 at 18:41.
Old 25th February 2009, 18:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh man!! Getting on your moral high horse is easy. As you correctly guessed,the FFE I'm planning is NOT a catback. But if my car will pass the emission check without the catcon (which I'm told it'll do), I have no reason to believe I'm poisoning the world.
I am glad that you came back on this with a specific question leading to a meaningful discussion . The choice is yours but facts need to be cleared which FFE fitter / modifier does not tell you fully or he may not know.

Because Emission checks can be passed in multiple ways , On petrol vehicle it is just 3 gases CO , SO2,NO and SPM not for aldehyde and complex unburnt hydrocarbons. For diesel there are few more parameters but still it does not detect the carcinogenics fully. Search old threads for how PUC for diesel is done and what are parameters.

FYI

There are several toxic gaseous components in diesel exhaust. The primary one is formaldehyde, which makes up 65%-80% of the aldehyde emissions. The other main aldehydes present are acetaldehyde and acrolein. The gaseous portion also includes benzene,1,3-butadiene, carbon monoxide, polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and nitro-PAHs. Dioxin
compounds have also been detected in trace quantities. Dioxins from diesel exhaust account for 1.2% of total dioxin in US.
You can search for similar info on petrol vehicle with out Cat Con and check is passing PUC enough ? If it was why companies fit catcon.
Also search if FFE will improve power delivery curve or ECU remapping / tuning is the solution.

Quote:
I understand your point, but if you want to make a difference, first get all the public transport buses into shape. One bus like this emits more pollutants in one minute than my car does in 1 day!!

To use your analogy, my pee will be certified as safe for the pool, but at the same time, there are elephants peeing huge quantities of stinking pee in the pool
Your choice each one of us can contribute in small way , Would you like your GF / wife ,/ Kid / Mom standing behind your car to wave you off when you go to work inhaling these fumes on daily basis ? Probably from pollution on road the inhalation is once in a while so reduces probablity vs inhaling daily in you porch / parking ?

Quote:
If get paranoid like this, I should maybe go back to cycling
Search on Diesel emission and find why companies are forced by government to Fit CatCon and raise cost. If you feel it is still paronia go ahead and fit it but make sure you beloved ones never open window while you drive or stand behind it.
I remember Trivendrum used to be nice lovely and clean city in 1997 when I was there hope it has not gone the bangalore way.
Quote:
um, what about the N20 which cat cons put out? or the side effects of the rare earths used in cat cons ?

I'm not saying cat cons are univerally bad. Just that they have their negative effects as well. Just like CFL's were once considered a 100% eco friendly lighting solution
So true but is it not lot better then full blast of invisible carcinogenics
besides what is the truth in claim that Low end torque will increase.
Is the ECU remap not a better option to change power delivery curve rather then ill advice FFE with out CatCon ?

Last edited by amitk26 : 25th February 2009 at 18:45.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2009, 19:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with you Amit.

People should understand that when they get the cat out it does increase emission, even if the vehicle get a PUC certificate. Those who do it please accept the fact that they are indeed adding a little more pollution into the world. No one is gonna stop anyone from going in for a non cat exhaust, but don't hide the guilt with a PUC certificate, accept the guilt and do your deed.

Fact is - With cat con the pollution is less than without cat con, even if the vehicle gets a PUC.

Btw i'm not sitting on a moral horse or cow, infact the other day i was asking how i can get the cat out of my bike's exhaust. I didnt, but i know my bike do emit a bit more noxious fumes than a stock one of the same kind. At home if someone is standing beside or behind my bike when the engine is running i ask them to move away. It passes the PUC easy, but still it pollutes more than when i got it. I'm guilty with polluting the environment, but maybe someday i shall care a bit more about the environment, maybe the guilty feeling will catch up with me.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2009, 19:01   #14
BHPian

ummm. our friend Mr. Paul Barber has plans to do an FFE on his Getz GLS which happens to be a car which runs on Petrol. so i really dont see why all this animosity and intensity in attacking the poor chap for getting an FFE done is coming from. i feel you are going way overboard with this issue. and this has gone quite off topic already.
Old 25th February 2009, 19:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

ASHVIN you understood it all wrong attack is not on Mr.Paul Barber but on those death merchents who misguide him that FFE fitting causes no pollution and passing PUC check is enough for thier own business interests, Now my post was generic the first part was about petrol car if you have read it carefully.

The Parameters measured are SO2 , CO , NO and SPM omitting all the carcenogenics which Indian PUC BS3 standard convinently omit due to various pressure lobbies prevelent when BS2 and BS3 were introduced.

I hope you remember that all BS3 petrol vehicles also need catcon ever wondered why ?
Petrol can contain up to 5% of benzene, a known human carcinogen with a Maximum Exposure Limit (MEL) of 5 ppm. Petrol is consequently classified as Carcinogenic, Category 2 as it contains 0.1% or more of a known carcinogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
ummm. our friend Mr. Paul Barber has plans to do an FFE on his Getz GLS which happens to be a car which runs on Petrol. so i really dont see why all this animosity and intensity in attacking the poor chap for getting an FFE done is coming from. i feel you are going way overboard with this issue. and this has gone quite off topic already.

Last edited by amitk26 : 25th February 2009 at 19:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks