Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 14:54   #16
BHPian

@shanz
Yeah absolutely, I'm getting the covers custom made, especially cuz im getting some extra foam planted underneath to make up for the old foam which has gone quite flat and ready-made ones would not offer the desired fit. I guess the covers would be ready by Friday.Getting the door pads changed to black as well.

@audiophile
Would get the pics uploaded the day i get the work done. I'll put up a set of pics once the body repairs and interiors are done (friday or sat). But the majority of work would only be after that. I cheked out a new set of skirts as well. Did not have my camera with me. Will put that up as well as soon as I can.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:38   #17
BHPian

any clue how much those under-body LEDs cost?
Old 11th March 2009, 23:21   #18
BHPian

I would suggest you go for the neon tubes, they dont break that easily and provided more light.
I think they cost around 3K for 4 tubes.
Old 12th March 2009, 15:31   #19
BHPian

awrite.... guess that sounds good. By the way I met Raghav from Ignite. Was quite enlightening. Quite reasonable as well. He has an pretty cool garage at a pretty cool location. Waiting for his call. He said he would let me know with regards to the specs for the FFE and a few other things. Cheked out alloys and tires at a few places. One of the vendors asked me not to go in for 185/60 Yokohamas (V-Tread - unidirectional). He said it gets too noisy after 5 k. It did not make much sense to me though. He was quite expensive anyway. The lowest quote I got for the rubber is 3500/ tire in chennai. 185/60 R14 Yokohama. Besides my car is almost done. Painting should be done by today or tmorrow I guess. The seats would be done by then as well.

What paint is used for painting the brake drums at the back and the disc calipers in the front? A tire vendor told me it just involves a paint job with a spray paint can.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2009 at 02:53. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 12th March 2009, 17:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Who is raghav? And the only Ignite I know in chennai is a bar in Koyembedu.
Old 12th March 2009, 17:26   #21
BHPian

@nitrous

No its not the Bar near Koyambedu that Im talking about. Its on ECR. Next to that water sports complex. Pretty cool garage I must say. And the guy definitely knows what he is talking. Passionate auto freak (if I may put it that way). His id on TBHP is flanker.r. I guess ill go back over the weekend once my car comes back from the paintjob. The wheels and the rubber seem to be the issue now with either design or availability or pricing issues.

dude is this mahendra?? Think I have met you.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2009 at 02:53. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 12th March 2009, 20:38   #22
BHPian

@petrol head, The paint used to paint the break drums and callipers is just normal paint. I got mine painted for 400 bucks. You can also use a paint spray can.
Old 12th March 2009, 21:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

I used 2k paint for my calipers and drums. I felt normal paint won't stand the heat from the brakes and might turn pink!

185/60/R14 is the optimum size for handling and bling! Ride deteriorates a bit.
175/65/R14 for ride,bling but at the cost of handling.
Old 12th March 2009, 22:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
1.Iridium plugs (750 each)
2.K&N filter (4500)
I personally would leave the airbox set up as it is ! although the conical k&n is a bolt on there is always the heat from the engine that could affect it. also, there are high chances of the mixture getting lean.

if you still want to go, then go for the k&n flat bed in the existing airbox set up ! there may not be any gains in terms of power ( you usually drive harder by putting your foot down, because of the sound ) . If your hands are twitchy then save up for grinded cams , polishing, porting etc where you get some real gains. These are my views, based on my personal experience. I am not a motor techie !

Also, leave the wheels for now. use the money to improve the performance of the car then go for the body modifications....
Cheers
Old 12th March 2009, 22:32   #25
BHPian

185/60R14 you will get the PP2, lovely tyre choice too.
Old 12th March 2009, 23:11   #26
BHPian

thanks guys.. shall incorporate all the suggestions into the planning process .

@vdiatech
dude i don't intend to go so far so soon. my car is still a stock car as of now. So planning to take it a little slow as far as the 'below the hood' mods go. But what you said does make sense. Just that I have no choice but to go for new rubber now (my tires look like a 70yr old's head) and I might as well go in for an upgrade.

@audiophile & nitrous
so i guess normal paint does the job as far as the drums and calipers go.. cool.. thanks guys.

have been waiting for my car to return. the paint job seems to be taking for ever. Saturday is what I have been promised. So hopefully I should have it back by Saturday with the body repairs, paint job and new upholstery. Shall post a few pics then before getting under the hood and planting the FFE & new wheels. The skirts and spoiler too are on the list. hopefully Raghav should be able to do something about that as well.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:34   #27
BHPian

@Petrol_Head. Eagerly waiting for the snaps and you know why!! I guess you started a new thread since you did not get any responses when you posted the same on one of the threads that i started. Was off from TBHP for a month due to professional commitments. Good to see another thread though. Now i just have to look here and see what i have to do with my car.

Eagerly waiting for the snaps.
Old 13th March 2009, 17:02   #28
BHPian

just got back from the garage. the paint job is done.. car looks neat... same colour though. (charcoal grey) waiting for my seats to come back.
Old 13th March 2009, 18:14   #29
BHPian

A tire vendor here is very adamant in stating that Yokohama 185/60 R14 (V tread - unidirectional) is not advisable due to running noise after 5k kms. He asked me to go in for Michelin instead. Anything on that?

besides, where can I get my lights smoked in Chennai?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th March 2009 at 18:55. Reason: back to back posts
Old 13th March 2009, 21:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
@Petrol_Head. Eagerly waiting for the snaps and you know why!! I guess you started a new thread since you did not get any responses when you posted the same on one of the threads that i started. Was off from TBHP for a month due to professional commitments. Good to see another thread though. Now i just have to look here and see what i have to do with my car.

Eagerly waiting for the snaps.
Damn right Sanju, I too and waiting to see what he is going to do with his ikon.

I just wish that we had some more ikon fans and owners.

Most Viewed