Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2009, 22:36   #1
BHPian

IKON 1.6 mods (bangalore / chennai)

ey guys.. need help on something here. Planning to plant the following onto my ikon 1.6. The Car is undergoing some bodywork repairs so i intend to have them on in a week. My issue is that there seems to be a crazy difference in the quotes that I am getting here in Chennai and the ones i got from Bangalore. So just wondering if I should drive up to Bangalore and get he stuff done. Besides I guess the workmanship too is better there with regards to external and internal mods. The following are the quotes that I have got. Kindly advice.

1.Iridium plugs (750 each)
2.K&N filter (4500)
3.Complete FFE (11000)
4.GT spoiler (4000)
5.Skirts (5000)
6.Plati/ League wheels 14" (19200) for a set of 5
7.Yokohama 185 / 60 R14 (17500) for a set of 5
8.Momo wheel (3000 - 5000)

Besides would my old rims and my stock exhaust fetch anything (the exhaust pipe is only 5 months old). Guess you guys in Bangalore should be able to help me out with the quotes and where exactly would I find them. Chennaites please let me know if the above mentioned are available for anything less in Chennai. (PS - I have not done a recon of GP road as yet. Just a general enquiry) Help guys
Old 9th March 2009, 08:13   #2
BHPian

One of our tbhpian anachronix has done a similar things, PM him and find out his experience. Check the threads created by him :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...e-chennai.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...gh-torque.html

Keep us updated on the upgrades that you do!
Old 9th March 2009, 11:01   #3
BHPian

sure dude thanks a lot. I checked that thread but I guess the rates quoted are higher than what I got anyway my car would be back by wednesday with the body repairs. one of our fellow members has a garage on ecr. planning to meet him this week. ill keep you posted bro.
Old 9th March 2009, 11:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
ey guys.. need help on something here. Planning to plant the following onto my ikon 1.6.
Help guys
Iridium plugs from NGK can be yours at a price of 650 per pc.
And specify the K&n filter model no. before quoting the price. Is that RU-3550??

you can save money while buying rims and tyres! why need of a set of five, set of 4 is enough! you can save it both on rims and tyres!
the saved money you can again invest on engine!

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2009 at 02:51. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 9th March 2009, 11:32   #5
BHPian

nah dude... decided to pick up 5 because I thought its a safer bet. In case I lose a wheel, its difficult to get a single rim replacement. so thought it would be better to pick up 5. Ill let you know about the filter model. Its a stock replacement filter. Not sure about the model though.
Old 9th March 2009, 11:34   #6
BHPian

@ petrol_head: PJS is it??
Old 9th March 2009, 11:38   #7
BHPian

@ petrol_head: If your budget permits get 5 set of alloy wheels & tyres. In long run you might have difficulty finding one number of the same alloy wheel!

Also, what type of K&N filter have you planned for universal or conical?
Old 9th March 2009, 12:43   #8
BHPian

@petrol head, The cost of a K&N depends on what type you want. I was given a quote of 7K for a K&N performance filter with piping here in Bangalore.
As for the complete FFE, It would cost you 9K with a custom end-can.
14" League alloys were 17K around 5 months back.
Tyre prices always seem to be on the expensive side in Bangalore.
GT spoiler, I think should be lesser than 4K.
For the skirts, what all is included in the quote for 5K. Is it side skirts as well as front and rear bumper lip including painting and fitment, or is it only for the left+ right skirts?
Old 9th March 2009, 17:37   #9
BHPian

@mail4loys
Yeah exactly bro. That is what i am worried about. Did not wanna get stranded with 3 if i totaled one. Not gonna compromise on that.

@audiophile
dude, I got a quote of 13.5 to 15 for plati and a little more for league. (from bangalore - asked a friend of mine to get the quotes) GT spoiler @ 2800. Skirts for 5 k including the front and rear bumper lip. got a quote of 2900 per tire for YOKOHAMA 185/60 R 14 (Bangalore). Could not get a quote for the FFE. Here in chennai I got a quote of 11k for complete FFE with headers and end can. Though I am not sure about whether the FFE was branded or a customised one.

Im still confused over the filters. I need some suggestion on the filter models. I dont mind paying a little extra but dont wanna settle with something that in not too different from my stock filter.

anyways thanks for all the info thats comin in guys. cheers
Old 9th March 2009, 20:25   #10
BHPian

[quote=petrol_head;1205718
@audiophile
dude, I got a quote of 13.5 to 15 for plati and a little more for league. (from bangalore - asked a friend of mine to get the quotes) GT spoiler @ 2800. Skirts for 5 k including the front and rear bumper lip. got a quote of 2900 per tire for YOKOHAMA 185/60 R 14 (Bangalore). Could not get a quote for the FFE. Here in chennai I got a quote of 11k for complete FFE with headers and end can. Though I am not sure about whether the FFE was branded or a customised one.
[/quote]

The new prices you mentioned sound correct and reasonable.

Can you post some pics of the skirtings that you have inquired about, as I too and looking for some external mods?
Old 9th March 2009, 23:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
The new prices you mentioned sound correct and reasonable.

Can you post some pics of the skirtings that you have inquired about, as I too and looking for some external mods?
Sure ill do that as soon as I can. Am pretty sure its quite a pain driving in bangalore with the innumerable speed breakers set at insane heights when you have skirts on. Wonder how people still manage to keep them intact. Anyway ill try sending across a few pics of what I saw here. Will try and get the photos from bangalore as well if I can.

@audiophile

you seem to have pretty neat boots on your ride. Guess those are 16". Was just wondering how much of a hit does ride comfort take with lower profiles. But i guess the enhanced handling makes up for it. The Tyre vendor near my place did not recommend anything more than 14" for the ikon. I was kinda wondering why especially with the number of people who seemed to have even 16' or 17" wheels. How much did the set cost? details please....

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2009 at 02:52. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 10th March 2009, 00:08   #12
BHPian

@petrol head
Yes! those are 16" AVA wheels. I got them for 24K for a set of 4. The ride is not that hard, but have to be very careful, with the potholes that we have in Bangalore as im running them on a 205/40 profile rubber.
Old 10th March 2009, 11:37   #13
BHPian

ordered for a new set of seat covers.. asked them to re-fit the rear seat with some fresh seat foam as my seat height has taken a hit. Asked for a dual tone finish (black and red) with new door panels as well (black).
Old 10th March 2009, 12:49   #14
BHPian

while selcting seat covers go for custom tailor fit one, which will be very tightly fit on the stock seats, if you go for a local readymade one it will become the worst part inside your car! I heard g-sports fitting is good, and art-leather is a good choice, it lasts and cheap also!
Old 10th March 2009, 20:39   #15
BHPian

@petrol head, Im waiting for a lot of pics, once the works is done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks