Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 18:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

Addy - What happened to the proper spoiler idea? The lil rubber thing would not count as a spoiler, its just a ... well a lil rubber thing.

Please give us more details (source, price, brand etc) on your lil antenna. Freak its like 8 feet long?

Hey - which area do you stay? I think I have seen your car but would not forget that antenna. Was a recent addition?

Also, Where are your mandatory Team Bhp stickers? 'Got Bhp?' sticker needs to go at the rear.
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:25   #62
BHPian

IronWolf : As you can see the idea about the actual spoiler did not kick off, reason being that I did not find anything nice. (I believe a wrong/odd/funny looking spoiler actually spoils the look of the car). So for now it will have to be the lil rubber thing. More over that just sticks on to the boot, so I will not have to drill holes.

Antenna details:

Source : A friend returning from Dubai.
Price : He charged me 2k for it.
Brand : Not sure it should be something locally available there, It was in a transparent packet
Height : its long but now 8 feet, its 7 feet to be precise.
There is a OHC with the exact same antenna. That car even has a quarter glass hood.

I stay on Mission Road, and it has been there on the car for about 4 months now. It was of the car for about 15 days cause parents had taken the car out of station.

Mandatory Team BHP stickers will be up soon.
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

Aye , you own one and you call it simple grrr !! I drove one for over 3 years and sold it quite recently to a fellow bhp'ian.Here's another stonker in white owned by a close friend and a team bhp' ian.

My Simple Car Called BALENO-dsc_1896.jpg

BTW 205/55/15 isn't that the wrong upsize , IIRC the upsizes in the 15's were
205/50/15 and 205/50-15 . Honestly the 205's were are a real overkill to my liking. Can we have a peek at your engine bay ?
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:52   #64
BHPian

RJstyles - That was the tag back then when I was not able to get the right title for it. I really like the alloys and the front grill on the car that you have posted.
Engine bay pics, will try and get some this weekend.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
BTW 205/55/15 isn't that the wrong upsize , IIRC the upsizes in the 15's were
205/50/15 and 205/50-15 . Honestly the 205's were are a real overkill to my liking. Can we have a peek at your engine bay ?
Didn't you mean to say 205/50-R15 and 195/55-R15 are the right upsizes?

205 is too much rubber IMO.
195 is just right for some good grip with lesser rolling resistance

205/55/15 is a wrong upsize. Which is why Kpzen our tire guru asked if spacers are deployed. KP, Would it really touch?

Last edited by IronWolf : 3rd September 2009 at 20:37.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Didn't you mean to say 205/50-R15 and 195/55-R15 are the right upsizes?
Yep that's what I meant.

Quote:
205/55/15 is a wrong upsize. Which is why Kpzen our tire guru asked if spacers are deployed. KP, Would it really touch?
kpzen would have been sleeping then .The 205/50 profiles itself would scrape under full load, surprising he is running 205/55 and hasn't had problems. I know of a coupla baleno's which had issues with the 205/55's and the 205/50(Mine was one of them).
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep that's what I meant.
Thought as much.

Quote:
I know of a coupla baleno's which had issues with the 205/55's and the 205/50(Mine was one of them).
Then just a casual question to you'll with no offence to anyone, why do you boys put the 205s.. just ishtyle?
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:02   #68
BHPian

Rjstyles & IronWolf - I agree its a lil too much rubber and you can add my car to the list of cars that touches when loaded.

However I would prefer the extra rubber because then that allows me to drive how I want without being too bothered about the alloys getting bent etc.
I know that this is a little off topic, but my cousins Getz was running 17's with a really low profile, the worst part was his alloys in the front were fine, but every week or two he'd have a lip bent in the rear wheels!!
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:09   #69
BHPian

Hey addy, I've been seeing your car for over 2 years parked near bishop cottons women's college. I assume you live there, I go to jain college and due to lack of parking space, i end up parking my car near your house alot.
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then just a casual question to you'll with no offence to anyone, why do you boys put the 205s.. just ishtyle?
First thing, there were no 195's stock and AFAIK none of the dealers had stock in town when I went tyre hunting.Saravana and some other dealer had only 1 set each of 205's stock and this was way long back.

The price difference was marginal between the 195's and 205' , nor did I have the patience to run my car on the GSD II's with the headers installed.

Also 205 being the right upsize, I never thought twice. Check the baleno wheel thread and you will find answers there.
Surprisingly shrivz from Pune doesn't have any issues with the 205's.

-Well if its the ishtyle you are talking about LOLzz , heck who would run the car with 2 sets of tyres man(please exclude Rahul) ?
-What would you call it when someone has changed 4 sets of tyres and never happy with the grip till the S-drives came on.
-I had a set of el-cheapo Acceleres for highway drives and the S-drives for city driving.

Aye and before I forget why did you upgrade ?

PS : No offence taken and addy sorry to have hijacked your thread pal.PEACE !!

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 3rd September 2009 at 23:16.
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:28   #71
BHPian

amith.2974 - bingo!! thats where I reside, if its right opposite cottons gate its my car. And all the way from Jain to Cottons juts to park, AFAIK there is place even in the lane before my house, why do you come all the way near cottons??
Just pulling ya leg, but one suggestion, be careful when you park there cause many cars get punctured if they are parked in front of the gates and garages. Residents out there remove the air!

RJ - no problem at all! Its cool
Old 4th September 2009, 00:02   #72
BHPian

Haha well i dont feel safe parking on the main road where my college is situated, and i dont park near bishop cottons exactly, i park it near the clinic down the road from your house. I have also seen a modded santro xing parked near your house, is that yours?
Old 4th September 2009, 00:32   #73
BHPian

@amith - Ok so its your car that is parked near the clinic, is yours a Baleno too? and yes that modded Santro in my elder bro's.
Old 4th September 2009, 09:56   #74
BHPian

@addy, yes I own a silver/golden baleno, I have some mods on it too, free flow exhaust, greens cotton air filter, NGK iridium plugs, TRD steering, Bosch HID kit, the only thing i need to complete the look of my car is a set of rims and tyres which I'm saving up for.
Old 4th September 2009, 21:07   #75
BHPian

Amith - thats nice!! I do not have the plugs and stuff .. Have a good set of leather seats, alloys, K&N, FFE, and a very good ICE!! Soo good that it drains out my battery if I turn on the system for 5 minutes without starting the car!

And not to forget. My small antenna!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks