Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2009, 04:45   #1
BHPian

My Simple Car Called BALENO

Hello everyone, I have always wanted to write up a small article about my car called BALENO. I have never got the time and when I got the time I did not have pics to upload. Now finally this weekend I had both the pics and the time so I am writting up a little about her.
She is a little over two years now, and has run about 32,000 steps She behaves very well on road, gets the best of attention at home amongst her other sibling that include the Swift VDI, a Maruti Zen, a Maruti 800, a couple of Santros, a Honda City 1.5 & an Opel Corsa. These many cars because mine is a joint family of 8 familes in all.
My car is white in color has Stanley seats, Yokohoma S Drive 205/55/15 profile tyres with Lenso Samurai Series Alloys. I have a FFE (4 2 1) and a K&N Typhoon intake air filter. It also has a sporty steering wheel that a friend got me from Dubai & lastly a decent ICE.

I am looking for a decent and simple spoiler because I feel its only that one thing thats missing on my car. I do not like the original VXi spoiler. Am looking for a Carbon Fiber one. Any input on this is most welcome.

The car is serviced regularly at MASS. Just had the clutch plates and bell replaced yesterday. It is still under warranty so I have'nt done much on it. I hope I get the time to write more about her sometime in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash.jpg  

My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash1.jpg  

My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash2.jpg  

My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash3.jpg  

My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash4.jpg  

My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash5.jpg  

My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash6.jpg  

My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash7.jpg  

My Simple Car Called BALENO-ash8.jpg  

Old 14th March 2009, 07:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

nice car, just curious, why go for an RPM meter when there is a stock one? Shift light? Do you shift using the light?

Or do you feel it looks GOOD!
Old 14th March 2009, 12:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't the tire touch the wheel well at the rear ? Or have u got some spacers installed ?
Old 14th March 2009, 12:46   #4
BHPian

@headers: Thanks! and no I do not use the light to shift, you can say its more of a feel GOOD factor that the RPM is in there. Actually am tired of seeing it in there so it will be going on to a friends Baleno in a day or two.

@kpzen: no I do not have spacers installed, and no it does not touch.
Old 14th March 2009, 12:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mmm,thats a neat looking one. Always liked white balenos and obviously black. One doubt,hows is it driving with tinted ones on the windshield? i thought it will effect your visibility to a large extent,esp at night. and also no issue with cops?
Old 14th March 2009, 15:20   #6
BHPian

@Unknownsatan: Thank you, its the same for me White or Black! Yes the tints on the windshield does reduce visibility to quiet an extent. In regards to the cops I have not run into trouble (touch wood).
There are lighter tints available for the wind shield. There is a numbering for these that goes like 35,20,15,10 & 5. The lower the number the darker the tints. Mine is 15. 35 gives you a clear visibility from inside and outside as well, as is not all that dark.
Old 14th March 2009, 18:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Haha, mine is 5 all round and 35 in the front. Once you get used to it, it's alright. Though, reversing around in dark areas can be a bit daunting, so you just have to prepare and check all around before you get in the car...
Old 14th March 2009, 19:31   #8
BANNED

one nice simple looking car.
one thing i would like to suggest is to remove all the badges form the trunk. this will give yhour car more bolder look.

edit: heres the thread how to debadge your car http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...your-ride.html

Last edited by monty9991 : 14th March 2009 at 19:33.
Old 14th March 2009, 20:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ooh thats a really really hot looking one! Why don't you start a gallery for her .. check mine out
Old 14th March 2009, 20:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Simple car indeed!

Awesome stuff there. The more I see the Lenso Samurais, the more I am proud of myself. Hehe!
Old 14th March 2009, 22:43   #11
BHPian

@pranavt: Yes I agree its difficult to reverse in dark areas but yes its managable.

@monty9991: Thanks!! Yes Monty I want to remove those decals as well, but am afraid they will leave a mark behind and then I will have to run around for a polish job. Will get it done soon.

@binz: Thank you! I will start one soon, and hey the white meter lights on your car looks nice. I wana get it done too. Have u changed the bulbs even?

@Fountainheader: Thankyou! Yea I like the alloys too, however I wana get the color changed to white. I would like to get a powder coating job done and not a paint job as the paint will come off easily in pressure wash. I have not found a powder coating guy in Bangalore for alloys.
Old 15th March 2009, 00:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

Have a look ..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...no-w-pics.html
Old 15th March 2009, 11:57   #13
BHPian

@binz: Thanks, I had seen this thread but I actually meant to ask if it was a DIY. Will try out something today.
Old 15th March 2009, 12:26   #14
BHPian

@Unknownsatan: Not sure but did you post something on this thread because its not showing up here but its says I received a new post from you in my account!
Old 15th March 2009, 13:15   #15
BHPian

with changing the alloys color to white,it will be more dashing.
Well you have kept your car very simple and nice.

The removing of badges in the back will give it a cool look.
Update us with photos after the alloy color change and removing of badges

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks