Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2005, 12:59   #1
BANNED

Please help for mods for the New City

Hey Bhpians I wanted to boost performance of my new city without voiding the warranty.
Following are the options which I have:-
NGK Iridium Spark plug I already have platinum so dropping this..
MSD/ACCEL Wires 8.5MM (Performance Wire sets) I don’t think they are required since the car doesnot need them they perform well if you drive at full throttle for longer times which I don’t..
Head Polish port will this affect FE and will it void warranty.. from whom can I get it done..
Universal Conical Filter which one should I go for a stock one or a performance filter though both have marginal difference in terms of performance..
Twin – Surbo u say its not worth it so I drop this idea as well..
Free Flow – Muffler 3.5inch tip by just keeping extractors stock and replacing the cat and the muffler will it boost performance or only just noise which I don’t want at all..
I would also like to put a strut brace to the car. Its not available and is made to order. Any idea from whom I can get it done in Mumbai..
P.S since I am changing my tyres. Should I ease of with them for sometime to run them in or can I floor the pedal with them and corner hard and also brake gard. Is there anything called run in period of a tyre.
Please help me..
Old 10th May 2005, 13:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

dude im glad youre thinkin of doin some work with your car,however before deciding to do the stuff you want to get used to the cars initial power and handling as that gives you an advantage, in the later years so great decision but drive it with just a k&N for a year andthen think of the other things
Old 10th May 2005, 13:49   #3
BANNED

Hey dippy thanks alot i am planing to go only for a K and N filter for now and then later ask you guys what to do after once i am used to it. But should i change wires or not. Not doing any major stuff just basic changes as this car lacks in power IMHO.
Old 10th May 2005, 18:48   #4
BHPian

hey buddy i think i had posted info on the K&N for your car and also other basic mods...well you can go in for a stock replcement filter its the best and safest option for the NHC and also a set of irridium spark plugs and 8mm splitfire or 8.5mm msd wires...well the rest i think should be left stock...or else you can also get a good set of headers and a good exhaust along with that should do the trick for you...anyways if you do need any other info regarding performance parts...feel free to pm me as i'm a stockist myself...cheers....!!
Old 11th May 2005, 11:42   #5
BANNED

Hey dragger,

firstly i want to do such modifications which will not viod my warranty in any case.

secondly headers cannot be put on this car.

thirdly is putting a muffler any use in performance or its just the noise which i dont want in any case.

Any boost in performance by platinum plugs and iridium sparks?
Old 11th May 2005, 11:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Is there anything called run in period of a tyre.
Please help me..
There's nothing called run in period for tyre.
Most of the above mentioned mods will throw you out of warranty
Old 11th May 2005, 12:11   #7
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dude, I'll second dippys opinion coz it makes more sense and yeah sparks and wires sure,but only on full throttle though so i guess not necessary as of now.
Old 11th May 2005, 12:31   #8
BANNED

Dear Rudra Sir,
Thanx alot. I asked about Run in in period of a tyre

As far as the warranty goes i want to go in for modifications which wont throw me out of warranty.. thats why i am just keen on a stock replacement filter for now.

Nitroxx i guess your right about the sparks and wires so i guess should drop them for now..

p.s NItroxx and Rudra sir your avtaar is simply SUPERB
Old 11th May 2005, 21:50   #9
BANNED

Hey Montoya,

You can go in for a Conical Filter. Will not hamper the warranty. A friend of mine has it in his car and has confirmed with Ichiban Honda that his warranty is not void.
Also the reason you cannot fit headers in the NHC is because they have come factory fitted if you see the pipe layouts.

Viper
Old 11th May 2005, 23:07   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There's nothing called run in period for tyre.
Incorrect. There is a "running in" period for new rubber.

Here is what Continental Tyres has to say in a link on their website :

New tires have to be driven a few hundred kilometers on dry roads to rid the tread of parting agents and antioxidants applied during production. Not until the tread has been slightly roughened will the tire be able to make its true gripping power felt.

What's more, flooring it and slamming on the brakes can cause tire/rim slip in the first few hundred kilometers of tire use. That's because the lubricant used in mounting the tire has an initial tendency to reduce the adherence of these two parts.

GTO
Old 12th May 2005, 04:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Incorrect. There is a "running in" period for new rubber.

GTO
Exactly.And thats one of the primary reason why the tyrewallahs advice us to drive for 500kms-600kms minimum before they can grip the road perfectly.
Never rip a new tyre,as it may cause a severe accident too.

And Montoya,
Just confirm with ichibaan before you do anything on the engine.And if possible,get it in writing.

X
Old 12th May 2005, 07:43   #12
Team-BHP Support

Hey GTO, thanks for the link. I didn't know about this.
Considering the kind of traffic we have, tyrewallahs never bother tell us any such thing.
Old 12th May 2005, 10:00   #13
Awaiting Email Confirmation

GTO i really did not know this man
tires also having run in periods
that information really helped man

will keep in mind when i pick up my new car
Old 12th May 2005, 15:29   #14
BANNED

Hey Viper thanks a lot. I will PM you. Since the NHC already has headers(doesnot headers add to noise but the car is not noisy) will it make sense putting a free flow i.e keeping the extractors stock and just replacing the cat and muffler. But will this increase the performance in any way. Also viper has your friend got it in writing as Ichibaan is a ***** we all know that and i will just post some of my experiences in the other thread. X machine i totallay agree that i should get it approved before doing anything as the car is not even 1 year old and i have a 4 year warranty. Thanx alot GTO very uselful information. SO after i get the tyres i wont floor them till 500kms and also they shouldnot be driven in the wet so is there anything wrong if water falls on them??

p.s any one knows where i will get a strut bar in mumbai?
Old 12th May 2005, 16:33   #15
BANNED

Viper just spoke to Ichibaan Kalina he says that warranty will be void by even putting a K n N filter. He says that any part except honda it voids. Can you ask your friend whom did he speak to. I was held up for some 5 minutes and spoke to 10 people they just kept transfering calls and also they talking nonsense. I asked him what sparks the car comes with Iridium or platinum. He says Honda i tell him material he says honda. Geez then i tell him honda is not a material. He also tells me you cant upgrade tyres. But then he says after some time put them from us we will get you the same size.. Phew.. i am disgusted with Ichibaan and all their habits and attitude..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks