Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 01:08   #1

Sierra 96 need Help

Ok This is how my 96 Sierra Looks poor thing its in pretty bad shape but still got the heart to take me 100 to 110Kmph and gives about 10 to 11Kmpl in city.
my problem is its very embarassing :-Dit emits lot of thick smoke its embarassing cause when look through my rear view mirror i can see could of smoke filled up the road.If any one seen my sierra like this i am sorry i do care for the enviorment ok to the point i have changed the engine oil,the filter and even the diesal pump but still no cure for it,recentely the engine started to over heat took it a mech he told me need to remove the head unit and check for any blockage of coolent in it,my thing was why don't i open it and check can i do it i have the tools and slight brain for it,if it can be done i don't mind doing it first thing if not let me know what to do with it cause i am kind of financily down i came down from Dubai for good after 10 and half years hopeing lot of dreams and i became a father last year.
so all my money was gone towards him so let me see what i can get and do with this Beast i have changed the tires,i fixed the horn the head lamps and small things and want to put my hands on the engine now. I can do it on my own if i get some guidence from you guys i have some more pic will post it after this.
Attached Thumbnails
Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0205.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0206.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0207.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0208.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0209.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0210.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0211.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0212.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0213.jpg  

Sierra 96 need Help-pic_0214.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th March 2009 at 03:35. Reason: 2 smileys max. You MUST read the Team-BHP rules before continuing.
Sunny916 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th March 2009, 12:02   #2
BHPian

Welcome!

Hey sunny, first of all welcome to TBHP! the following thread may give you some more ideas!

Project Sierra

Hope it helps!

cheers,
L&S
Old 15th March 2009, 19:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Sunny,
I am no expert here and might be wrong too.
Maybe the experienced members will be able to shed more light on this
I am in the process of restoring my MM550 and during the course of restoration I remember hearing that if the engine rings are worn out, which I think that they do with use, the engine oil starts to mix up with the fuel and this causes the thick white smoke that you are referring too.
So have you ever overhauled the engine, if not then it might be time to do the same...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks