lay soft cloth on floor.
remove door. lay it on the floor on soft cloth
cover sensitive parts with plastic sheet
apply fiberglass mat on exposed metal panels
pour resin over fiber glass mat and press
leave for 24 hours
trim excess resin

if you want even more deading...
near pydhonie police station there is a shop that sells lead sheet. 1.5mm thickness is adequate.
sandwich the lead sheet between door and above fiberglass.

too much lead deading can increase your car's weight. so be careful. i would suggest keep lead sheet to under 40kgs. the weight will be distributed over the 4 doors, trunk lid, and bonnet etc.. so should not affect your handling too much. it might affect your acceleration though.

next step: get and tuning box, larger injectors, re chip car...more power! now you become like Tim Taylor (Home Improvement). :-)

Last edited by navin : 11th May 2005 at 12:17.
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:55   #17

sound deadening materials are of various types to suit varied applications. There are specific materials for door panels sheet metal, floor pans, thermal insulation for the headlining to improve AC efficiency and others for the under-hood lining.
I have a drum of sound deadener liquid which is a spreadable version (like putty). It is made in USA and used by high end car stereo SPL competition vehicles. Being water based, it dries to he touch within 24 hours to 36 hours and is better than those sheet type materials as this does not create any bonding issues to the contoured or corrugated surface of the sheet metal. I would recommend this for using on the floorpans to an approximate thickness of around 4mm when dry. It also prevents rust.
Let me know if u need it as I have 2 spare 20 litre buckets of it. Costs Rs.750 per litre and is a permanent solution.

Fiberglass materials are hazardous especially in automotive aplications. So is lead based materials.

Materials like Dynamat, etc tend to peel off and do not stick totally to the substrate which will cause a loss in sound damping performance.

Best,
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:39   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger
Let me know if u need it as I have 2 spare 20 litre buckets of it. Costs Rs.750 per litre and is a permanent solution.
Best,
That's 20 X 750 = 15,000 Rs. That's a lot of money. I got my ALTO dampened with WURTH and it cost me only 10,000 including labour.
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
That's 20 X 750 = 15,000 Rs. That's a lot of money. I got my ALTO dampened with WURTH and it cost me only 10,000 including labour.
Which Wurth product is this? The light, silver colored pads (6 in a box) or the black colored big and heavy sheets (4 in a box) type?

How much does the material you used cost you? How much did your Alto consume? Wurth it?
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:20   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Which Wurth product is this? The light, silver colored pads (6 in a box) or the black colored big and heavy sheets (4 in a box) type?

How much does the material you used cost you? How much did your Alto consume? Wurth it?
It's a mixture of both. We used silver and black ones. I think we used 4 silver pads and 6 black pads.
speedzak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks