Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 15:50   #1
BHPian

Xenos Auto Power Windows Roller

I am looking for this product from Xenos which helps to roll up power windows automatically when the car is locked using central locking.

Has anyone used this system.

Can this be clubbed with my existing Nippon Central Locking System.

How much this system costs.

PS I was not able to find any discussions on this product, hence made this post. If anyone has link to this being discusses earlier kindly share the related link.
Old 16th March 2009, 23:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yup! I have it on my Safari. It costs about 1.7K. Works independent of the remote locking system and so can be fitted on any car with power windows. It comes on after the driver side door is locked. However, one drawback is that you cannot leave the car parked with the windows open about an inch, like we usually do on very hot days.
Old 17th March 2009, 00:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

You can get that for Rs.1,000/- (some other brand).
Source:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post867169
Old 17th March 2009, 13:18   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys, will find out this weekend where can i source it in Delhi.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Try to steer clear of Xenos products, their recent product build quality has gone down a lot. I have a Xenos power window and up modular in my car.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:52   #6
BHPian

@bluveran-- thanks.

Any brands specifically to look for, like i got to know scropion makes one.
Old 17th March 2009, 17:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

people AutoCopX has this and i have one in my swift, i have the power windows along with this windows-up module.

the other brand i have seen is the Crosslink, never used or seen it in any car, just heard of it from a shop owner.
Old 18th March 2009, 00:15   #8
BHPian

Even i researched for this product but did not dared to get it installed.
Reason : A relay needs to be installed which requires a cut in existing wiring system. In Short, your electric warrenty will get void.

I confirmed this from 2/3 shops in Lajpat Nagar and a few in CP all said the same. even the car dealer said the same.

Fellow BHPians do let me know if i was taken for a ride.
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:12   #9
BHPian

Auto window closure relay

HI

actually the product you are looking for is called auto window closure relay. There are several cos in India that manufacture that. You can look for brands like Autocop, xenos but I suggest you go for (incase you already havent gone ahead and done that) RD (Rajatdeep Overseas Pvt Ltd). It manufactures car central locking systems, power windows, relays, gear locks, LCDs etc.

All are warranty backed and reasonable pricing. For relay, pretty decent quality+1 year warranty. Service network is pretty good. Most of the auto dealerships (maruti, hyundai, mahindra, Tata etc) keep it along with your neighbourhood friendly accessorywallah. Do ask for company fitter to install that and not the dealer ka ladka cos he can mess that up. You should get it for anywhere between 1050-1200 INR depending on how hard you bargain for it. All the best!
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:44   #10
BHPian

RD auto window closure relay

Hey Amit

Your concerns are well founded. Any kind of auto window closure relay requires cutting to wiring harness of your vehicle. No solution as there is always a danger of messing up with the warranty of your vehicle if you touch that..no solution to that I guess??

surprise! surprise! Solution is at hand. You and all others afraid of tempring with the original wiring harness of their vehicles can go for RD (Rajatdeep Overseas Pvt Ltd) relay with T-Joint. Actually, it comes with a T-Joint kind of socket with support for several vehicle models (almost all are supported). Therefore, it does not require any tempering with the wiring harness.

Supposedly, they are the only co in India mfg that. Sort of cool as it gives you convenience with peace of mind. Check out more details at Rajatdeep Overseas Pvt. Ltd. : One Stop for all your Automobile Accessories.

Price differential is +200-250 INR to the prices of RD relay I had quoted earlier on this thread and 1 year warranty is there.

Good Luck...
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:41   #11
BHPian

I am not sure but i guess we got this feature in built when our central locking system was replaced to Piranha (previous being autocop). I dont know the model but will check out and let you know. A very nice feature i must say!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks