Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2005, 16:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
But any idea where I can get stiffer springs and shocks?
Why dont you ask Domnic or Rehaan or some other experienced people here? They might know where you can get them, come on, theres no way stiffer springs wont be avalible here.
Old 15th May 2005, 16:46   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Many a time, the underbody scraping is less about your sagging suspension and more about the lack of standards in speed breaker design.

Example, there is one particular speedbreaker on the exit to worli seaface. Fully laden, even the underbody of my Jeep will scrape against it.

GTO
Old 16th May 2005, 03:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Many a time, the underbody scraping is less about your sagging suspension and more about the lack of standards in speed breaker design.

Example, there is one particular speedbreaker on the exit to worli seaface. Fully laden, even the underbody of my Jeep will scrape against it.

GTO

very true, but now i think the BMC has started to demolish all the illegal breakers (yes there are illegal breakers) and they are also putting them to one standard height...!! Which is good news for all of us...!
Old 16th May 2005, 03:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

GTO
Ya i know which one u r talking about... thats ones like a bloody mountain! My accords scraped on it a few times when i didnt stop completly. Wont be suprised if the endeavour scrapes that some day
Old 16th May 2005, 12:56   #20
BHPian

Hey, I heard that they're demolishing ALL thee speed breakers in Mumbai, and placing ones like are present in places like Lanka - just three strips of metal, like a 2inch wide, 1/2 inch tall strip across the road. Does damage when gone over quick, so...
Old 16th May 2005, 14:53   #21
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Yeah..illegal speed breakers are being demolished & new ones of proper radius & curvature are being made. Surprising how many illegal speedbreakers there were in the city. Quite a lot have vanished now.........
Old 21st October 2005, 14:15   #22
BHPian

Thanks to HC

BMC is demolishing the illegal ones after the High Court directed them to do so.

It seems every time time there is an accident, the first thing that is done is to errect a few speed breakers.

The problem now is that speed breakers have gone, but in their place there is an uneven surface which has not been properly levelled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks