Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 19:23   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
why the tatas mention 15k service schedule, i think the now the engine oils should be evolved enough to handle the given schedule.

Is this a pre-set mindset to change afer every 5k.

Has any one maintained the tata service schedule and faced some related problem ?
@VNV:

Your are absolutely right. It is pre-set mindset that causes people to change every 5K. Modern engines and modern oils don't require this. My friend has a Scorpio 2.6 (Non CRDe). He has been doing oil changes every 10K at Mahindra *** and using his vehicle mostly in Bangalore. His Scorpio has clocked 180K miles to date and is running fine. I personally drove my MClass for about 1 lakh miles (not kms) with oil changes every 15K miles with Mobile 1. I am plan to stick to company guidelines for my scorpio which is every 15K miles with OEM oil.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Hi Greenhorn !

Any ideas what grade / API engine oil is specified for safari TC And what interval.
Also any clue how to get hold of a user manual. I hae recently bought a used one and the manual is missing. Is it uploaded somewhere BAC ?

Kind regds,
kedar
I am still finding the manual online, The recommened oil is Castrol GTX by TATA. Check their website, all TASC uses that grades for all sort of old\new TATA vehicles. Service interval is 7500kms for TCIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Hi Buddy!

I bought an air filter for the TC safari yesterday . Made by Vtech its different than the stock as its got a mesh rather than the perforated metal sheet.
Its costing less than the stock and logically should admit more air to the motor.
Anyone safely tried this before ?
No Idea, I always used company recommened one.
Old 28th May 2010, 00:49   #18
AVR
BHPian

@highnoon,

try using the Mobil 1300 (if available) or the Delvac MX. They have worked very well for me.

About additives, I hope you don't use premium diesel. Much better to use normal diesel with Bardahl Fuel additive (available at Tata dealers), Wynn's (available at Hyundai's) or System-D (Available at HP petrol pumps) on a regular basis.

With the above usage, it is good to try using the Fuel Injector Cleaner by Valvoline. I have been very happy with the results. Use one bottle in a full-tank and then about 100-130 litres later you can go back to your regular fuel additives.

Cheers,
Adi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks