Team-BHP - Bike Carrier / Rack - What & where to get?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Bike Carrier / Rack - What & where to get? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/55694-bike-carrier-rack-what-where-get.html)

Hey folks, I am looking for a bike carrier (preferable roof mounted) for my swift. Any pointers to where can i find one or any Thulle dealers in or around NCR??

If any of the Tbhp members has one, it would be nice if you could post a review or a pic for the same.

I guess you mean to say for the "bicycle" Probably you should check with Maruti A** as they would certainly have some options (For wagon R folks)

ya AMit this is what i am looking for!!
Is it possible to add those two rack mounting bars (on the roof) on Swift that come with most of the cars such as Scorpio/Safari but not with any of the Maruti cars except Wagon R??

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickoo (Post 1231221)
Hey folks, I am looking for a bike carrier (preferable roof mounted) for my swift. Any pointers to where can i find one or any Thulle dealers in or around NCR??

If any of the Tbhp members has one, it would be nice if you could post a review or a pic for the same.

hi nickoo pm me if you need any details on the thule bike carrier, i know the dealer here who is a very close friend you can place the order with him and get the stuff delivered to you in NCR , just did it for some one who was in Mumbai and needed a thule roof box .( I just hope they have one that can fit a swift)

Sachin yaar you can contact the Firefox dealer in Shanti Niketan they have some of these i think.

thats crap!! The bike sways like a swing and the rack scratches the boot lid :(

This is for a friend who needs a bike carrier.

Does anyone know where one can get good quality bicycle carriers for an SUV (Outlander specifically). Not sure what options are possible but I'm guessing one that can be mounted at the read hatch door will be preferred over a roof mounted since it will sway less.

Thanks

^ Thule is probably your best bet. Get in touch with Methods, they are official importers for the brand. Good luck with the infamous Method's service quality though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1737569)
^ Thule is probably your best bet. Get in touch with Methods, they are official importers for the brand. Good luck with the infamous Method's service quality though!

Thanks a ton GTO. Sad to hear Methods are not up to scratch on the service. In the meantime, having done some more googling, I believe some bike shop in pali hill also stocks Thule <? gear : the bike shop ?>. Maybe he can go to them instead.

Cycling is an awesome way to explore many a pretty destination we go to, and bike racks are a must have accessory if you like that sort of a thing. I got one recently, and its suddenly added a new dimension to vacations.

This worked well for the 2 bikes we carried to Coorg - though it took a bit of re-tightening after I paid the toll at NICE to avoid slipping.

Do share your pics if you use racks. Also, what troubles have you had with the same. As the usage grows, I guess we'll need parts, accessories, advice for the same.

my custom rack for my custom carbon fibre bike

Where are these available in India and what is the cost ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves (Post 1839637)
Where are these available in India and what is the cost ?

You get mostly Thule - numerous models. I got mine at 6.5, and they go up all the way upto 23k for roof mounted ones. There's someone in Bangalore too who makes them - more info here

There are arguments both for and against either type - but the one I use seems cheap and good enough for regular usage if you take care of the rubber pads position while mounting it, and keeping that little bit of an extra margin for the wheels that protrude just a tad beyond the RVMs.

@xtreme_power That looks very good! Where did you get that fabricated ?

Could someone help me with an acquisition of a Twin Bicycle Rack for my Toyota Innova. I have been trying to get through to someone who could help me with this but no progress till date. I am specifically looking for a Rear door mounted Twin Bicycle Rack. Looking at picking it up either @ Chennai / Bangalore. Could also make an online transfer nto seller's account & have the product delivered through courier. Thanks
please:

Hello,
I'm looking for some advice on the fitting rear bike carrier(for 2 cycles) in my honda Jazz. Im impressed by Thule carrier (for the model details : Thule*-*Thule EuroClassic G6 LED 928). This model can be fit to the tow bar and can easily detachable when not needed. i may use it 4 to 5 times in a year.

Now I would like to know:
1) Can jazz pull the load and what are the problem i may get by fitting this i.e. Warranty, damage to the tow bar or car, any RTO restrictions in Bangalore etc
2) Is it advisable to have such carried on uphill and uneven roads?
3) What is the maximum load capacity for Jazz's tow bar?

Looking for replies.