Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 11:27   #1
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6 - Ideas for mods

Hey guys,

This is my first thread in Team BHP and I want to give you a little insight into myself.

I'm from Chennai and currently own a Ford Fiesta 1.6 for daily use and a Yamaha R1 for weekend adrenaline runs! I was in Australia for about 5 years and I own a HSV Clubsport 6.0L engine 475 BHP.

The Fiesta has already been modded a bit with alloys, Magnaflow FFE with Magnaflow 3" end can, Pipercross Viper Cold Air Induction kit with Ram Air intake custom exhaust manifold, superchipped.

I'm now looking to give it a little extra in terms of creature comforts and head turners. I want to keep the vehicle stock, in the sense, no outrageous things like body kits (they tend to wear out on Indian roads with the bumps).

Most importantly, I want to know if anyone has fixed projector headlights with angel rings on a Ford Fiesta or if there is anyone that could do this job.

Your replies will help me a great deal and I look forward to being an active member in this forum. Cheers!!!
Old 28th March 2009, 01:34   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome HRT. That is seriously one heck of a garage, would love to read more on the monster HSV. This thread would be a good place to start for the Fiesta 1.6.
Old 28th March 2009, 02:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
Hey guys,

This is my first thread in Team BHP and I want to give you a little insight into myself.

Most importantly, I want to know if anyone has fixed projector headlights with angel rings on a Ford Fiesta or if there is anyone that could do this job.

Your replies will help me a great deal and I look forward to being an active member in this forum. Cheers!!!
Even i wanted to do that, just waiting on few things. It can be done here in Delhi by Smokin, dont know who can do it there. Do PM somkin and maybe he could help you out.
Hey..... would love to see the pics of your beauty...do post them.
Cheers
Old 28th March 2009, 22:13   #4
BHPian

i was also looking forward to getting some changes in my fiesta 1.6.some ideas and pics would be of great help!!
Old 28th March 2009, 22:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome HRT. That is seriously one heck of a garage, would love to read more on the monster HSV. This thread would be a good place to start for the Fiesta 1.6.
GTO; his one has almost half the mods Jerrish has and his car is one handler/crowd puller too.

HSV; what's your car's color? Havent seen/heard of anyone doing angels to Fiesta. You sure can get Xenons though.

Drive down to Kovai, meet this guy KitUp! Automotive
Old 29th March 2009, 12:06   #6

88 Ford Fiesta 1.6

i have an 88 Ford Fiesta xr2 1.6L hatchback. its an UK model and of course its so much different from our indian fiesta. its modified with twin weber DCNF's, FFE, KENT cam, Koni shocks, SPAX springs, K&N's, Yokohama tyres, MOMO strng. the only problem is it doesnt have pwr strng & AC. excellent handling & fun to drive. i always dream of having a modified zetec or a duratec in it !!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 - Ideas for mods-my_xr2.jpg  

balaji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2009, 21:45   #7
BHPian

hey guys,

thanks for your replies.. I saw the thread on 1.6s petefied.. I really don't want to replace the springs since the Indian roads don't really have the curves that would emphasize the need for custom springs. I have a set of Koni adjustables lying in a garage of my friend.. but I don't need that at the moment..

Mine's a silver 1.6 petrol.. what I'm looking for is really projector headlamps and some exterior mods.. I've got as far as I can for performance at the moment.. but I do have a turbo charger at the back of my mind..

I'll post the pics of my ride soon...
Old 29th March 2009, 21:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hey GTO.. yeah my HSV is currently in Melbourne and I'm exploring options at importing it.. but you know the red tape here in India.. it's actually working out to more than the cost of the car..

but it's a real beast and it's awesome to take off from the lights.. it's got a V8 engine.. pulling about 475 HP.. turbo charged..

but I've found that the Fiesta is really what comes to be a good driver's car here in India.. even the Civic or the Accord don't do justice to their engines..

People here talk about bhp and torque, etc.. but the real element of speed comes from the feedback offered by the car to the driver and the element of speed that you feel from the driver's seat.. honestly, I think a Mini Cooper is more fun to drive than the latest Accord V6.. the Accord V6 cocoons you in silken smooth ride.. which is definitely not what a speed freak would like..

So... any tips on what I could do for my fiesta??
Old 29th March 2009, 22:06   #9

Silver Fiesta Eh?? Paint your hood and wheels black. Keep it simple.
Old 30th March 2009, 10:24   #10
BHPian

well.. my wheels are already in 2 tone.. black borders with silver 5 double spokes.. I was thinking of painting my hood matt black, but I was thinking it would be too outrageous.

I also have to get my stereo fixed. I have (had) a Kicker amplifier with Polk subwoofer and now the amp's gone bust. I'm thinking of fixing another subwoofer. Any suggestions for amplifiers?

Also, a general question... How do I post pictures in these threads? I've got some pictures of my bike and car that I'd want to post. Also, are pictures with myself in them allowed to be posted?
Old 30th March 2009, 10:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hey GTO. I saw the 1.6s Petefied thread on your suggestion. He has installed a Pete's tuning box.

I've gone one step further and done a superchip for my car. So the BHP has really shot up and the main difference comes from the cold air induction and the FFE.

Suspension is not something I'm looking to do at the moment. The current ones do their job and the lack of curves on Chennai roads that require high cornering speeds don't add justice to the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
GTO; his one has almost half the mods Jerrish has and his car is one handler/crowd puller too.

HSV; what's your car's color? Havent seen/heard of anyone doing angels to Fiesta. You sure can get Xenons though.

Drive down to Kovai, meet this guy KitUp! Automotive
Hey JK.. I was thinking about Kit Up, but in Chennai, I've got my car done at Hi Rev. He does the same job as Kit Up and has a really awesome garage.

But I like the body kit on the white Fiesta that I saw on the Kit Up website. But the general feedback that I got about body kits from people who have them is that they get chipped on speed breakers and then you'll have to replace the entire skirt.

I saw the 1.6s Petefied thread. The car looks good, but I'm really looking for performance on acceleration rather than stopping power and cornering abilities.

I already have a superchip, FFE, Cold Air induction. I'm thinking of a turbo charger in the next 6-8 months.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th March 2009 at 11:03. Reason: back to back post, multi quote
Old 30th March 2009, 10:45   #12

Of course you are allowed to post pictures of yourself!

Take a look at this link...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html
Old 30th March 2009, 10:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice vintage car from Ford..havent seen many in India...nicely,tastefully done and modded too...please post some more pics of exterior and interior of the car.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
I've gone one step further and done a superchip for my car. So the BHP has really shot up and the main difference comes from the cold air induction and the FFE.
Could we have more details on price, what it does etc? hi-ocatane req?
Old 31st March 2009, 14:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Could we have more details on price, what it does etc? hi-ocatane req?
The superchip set me back about 30k. They take my existing ECU and connect it to a system and the code is sent to Germany.

They break the factory code to release the RPM delimiter and other engine mappings. This is to do the engine remap. It will free up the torque and power and change the gear ratios a slight bit. The fuel doesn't matter. Normal unleaded or whatever you use for your car will do just fine.

The difference is immediate. The car will shoot on straights and you will not be limited by the revs (as compared to the stock car).

The FFE cost me 35k for Magnaflow. The cold air induction is about 20k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks