Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2005, 01:46   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Hey Sahil,

Anywayz Cover i will have to search planing an Accord sized one so that the Chevvy is covered totally and no1 can see her..
I wouldnt recommend an Accord size cover for the Optra. A loose cover is worse than a extra tight one. I have an accord and a C-class and the accord cover is too big for the C. Since the optra is smaller than the C or around the same.. u need to get something of that size....an accord size cover will keep shifting and causing scratchs and might just fly off before u know it. The cover needs to fit well, thats the whole point of it.

The antenna of the optra is probably in the rear glass...most cars now days have it embeded in that.
Old 16th May 2005, 08:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Montoya.
Sorry, could'nt reply your pm. We went out for a drive for the day. Here goes my few bits:

Putting a good film is a must. Especially for the front screen. Honestly, I don't have it till now but going to put it soon. Try not to compromise on the quality here. You don't need film for your sun roof glass. You have a shutter there anyway.

Changing lights to higher power could be tricky. You'll have different bulbs for high/low beams in your car. Not impossible though but you need to find it out. After doing that please let me know cause I need to do that also. Yes, you need to put cutout also.

As Satya says about car cover, go for TYVEX from DUPONT.

Antenna is built in. No need to worry about that.

Don't know about mirror lock. Your car is coming with electrically operated side mirrors. I hope you're going to keep them in folded position while parked.

Strut brace will change your car's handling. It's a pure personal area of preference. You may not get it of the shelf like Hondas and other makes.

Black is my first choice (for big cars) as colour but it's pain to keep it in right shape.

Lastly, your Optra is not a car which can be be pushed like a small/ mid size car in city. You need to be much more sedate. However, on the higway picture changes. Remember it's not a sprinter but a well composed marathon runner.Torque is the name of the game here.
Old 16th May 2005, 09:41   #18
c10
BHPian

Quote:

Floor and boot Mats
Hi Montoyo, Congrats on your Car! ! !

Well, Dont go for the Rubber mats, check the carpet kind of mats, easy to clean and they look good...i have it in my WagonR.

c10

Last edited by c10 : 16th May 2005 at 09:43.
Old 16th May 2005, 10:27   #19
BANNED

Thanx Sahil , Rudra Sir and C10,

Sahil well i didnot know that the C is smaller then the Accord but anywayz i will try to get an Optra cover in that case.. Yeah i will buy a perfectly fitting cover rather then a one which would expose the body or a one which will be over covering it..

Well good to know antenna is in side glass since its a big pain if its outside.. really keep losing them in that case..

Rudra Sir its ok i was aware of your sunday drive so i was wating for Monday morning for your advice..

Well i dont want to compromise on the film part since the car is black and the car should no heat up so i want a film which will cut out most of the heat.. Vkool did good work in the NHC but should i spend that much when i can get a same quality film at a cheaper rate like Lumar or Garware???

Well i am going to keep the shutter open mostly but the roof closed so there is chance of heat entering through there so i want to cover the roof there as well with a nice film..

Yeah planing to upgrade lights but are they required.. what bulbs come with the car.. and i prefer to put yellow llight and not blue light since i have tested all and white light is useless in City only helpful on highway wheras yellow light is useful both places..

Yeah planing to go for tyrex or dupont will contact them..

Well sometimes i may forget to close the mirrors so want to go in for mirror locks and dont take chance.. dont the mirror open from outside manually or only from the button since the car washing guy may fiddle with them!!

Well does the Optra really need strut brace since her handling is already superb..!

Yeah i know i have been told that black is high on maitenace but what to do there are only 3 colors coming in LT and black drives me crazy it look simply SUPERB..

Yeah i understand that i need to be sedate with the Optra but with all those luxuries in the car who wants to push her anywayz take your time and enjoy the car..hehe..

Thanx C10.. but the carpet mats are hard on cleaning they cant be made wet otherwise they will catch fungus they need to be vaccumed..
Old 16th May 2005, 12:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey congrats on your ride man...sweet choice ..black!!
well llumar is good i use it am very happy and so is samurai.
what about some nice wheels....
Old 16th May 2005, 13:10   #21
BANNED

Hey Ice,

Thanx..

Well got the details of lumar from Samurai now i will check them out..

Well i am getting 15inch wheels for the car..
Old 16th May 2005, 23:10   #22
BANNED

Well just went and finalised the deal.. car expected next wednesday since he has all cars with 14inchers.. My car is yet to be manufactured..

I guess the mats and car cover teflon is done since the dealer has thrown it in the deal itself.. the car cover has locks and is scratch proof and has some wet character it costs Rs.2000 but he is giving it to me with the deal..

Also the dealer says that new edition Optra has tinted film which cuts out 40% heat so i will test it and then if i feel the need for the film i will surely go for other film.. found out some ray barrier film which cuts out 95% heat, 1 % more then Vkool he is giving me for Rs.14800 incl sun roof.. is it worth..

Well i guess its better to upgrade lights since check this link out..

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/674038/2

Anywayz National Garage was giving me a deal 15K cheaper so i told my dealer he said impossible and then they GM guy was called and then it was known that he was changing 14inchers to 15inchers just like that wheras all 15inchers which are on 195/55 tyres come from factory with suspension adjustment to fit the car properly plus the car is altered so that it doesnot cause all effect with everything upgraded by GM for 15inchers..

p.s please tell me which watt bulbs should i upgrade

Last edited by Montoya : 16th May 2005 at 23:24.
Old 17th May 2005, 01:28   #23
BANNED

Just found out that there are no rear speakers i mean no speakers on near the rear window all speakers are on doors so planing to put 2 speakers and a sub there plus planing an Amp, so can anyone tell me what are the options and the prices as well..

Rudra sir need your help on this one. what have you done with your system..
Old 17th May 2005, 07:36   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Rudra sir need your help on this one. what have you done with your system..
Don't need to cut the rear tray. Subwoofer tube can sit inside the boot with velcro straps. Use better cables/connectors set. I've used BOSS.

My set up: Blaupunkt 120 watt speakers (4 nos on doors), Blaupunkt tweeters, 4 channel Blaupunkt amp and Blaupunkt subwoofer.

Warning: No good for new type musics. Fader control is in 0 position to avoid unwanted boomy bass. Bass level +1. Fantastic for jazz and world music.
Old 17th May 2005, 10:05   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Don't need to cut the rear tray
I am planing to cut it and put two song xplods there and a subwooofer in the boot and also an amplifier. How much will all that cost me any idea?
Old 17th May 2005, 10:16   #26
BHPian

hey montoya go for a pioneeer they r the best my friends have been satisfied customers of pioneer they loved the pioneer subwoofers and amp. are you buying a mp3 system pioneer also sells mp3 units and they r damn good
Old 17th May 2005, 10:56   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am planing to cut it and put two song xplods there and a subwooofer in the boot and also an amplifier. How much will all that cost me any idea?
Except for the car choice nothing else is matching here with mine. Montoya, I think you've a very different way of looking at things here. My views obviously don't match yours.
Old 17th May 2005, 11:19   #28
BHPian

Hey montoya, a sealed sub will sound better than a open air one. Moreover with the amount of space available in the optra i dont think a sub would be much of a problem.

Did you know that in certain European countries it is illegal to cut open the back tray to fit a subwoofer? If its music you really after then go for a bass tube or a sealed sub. Bass tubes are amazing. Very low power consumption and deliver quite a punch.
Old 17th May 2005, 11:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Harrie].

Did you know that in certain European countries it is illegal to cut open the back tray to fit a subwoofer? [quote]

can you explain this????????

Last edited by speedsatya : 17th May 2005 at 11:56.
Old 17th May 2005, 11:53   #30
BHPian

if during a check it is found that the rear tray has been tampered with to fit a speaker or cut to fit a subwoofer, you will stand to loose your insurance and road worthiness certificate. I'll try to find out some more information on this shortly. Read this in sounddomain.com somewhere.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks