Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2005, 22:54   #1
BANNED

Accesory for Optra

Hey Bhpians,

Since you all know that i have decided on a Chevrolet Optra LT in Black i want to know what accesories do i need to put on her..

I have the following on my mind..

Car Cover
Floor and boot Mats

Does it require Mirror locks

Is fire extenguisher needed or not??

Any other accesory please tell me with its use and cost if possible..

and most importantly.. film since its a black car..

Which one should i opt for..

Vkool is good but expensive.. are there any other films which are equally good as vkool( i mean eqaually it should have same effects as Vkool) i dont want to compromise on money by putting a cheaper film then vkool which is not so effective.. so if there is any other which has similar and 100% similar effects as vkool at a cheaper rate please tell me.
Old 15th May 2005, 23:02   #2
BHPian

re:

congratulations on your new car!!!

the foll. accessories are standard i guess:
1)foot mats
2)car cover
3)car perfume
4)boot mat

cant think of anything much.....dont spoil a new car by un-necessarily accesoring it with aftermarket goods.

about the film, there are lot of similiar options like vcool available...like the one that blocks Uv rays and has a polarizer....

good choice picking black,

cheers
Old 15th May 2005, 23:04   #3
BHPian

hey montoya
congrats on your new ride and by the way when are you posting the pictures of your ride.anways great color choice

Last edited by kooldude : 15th May 2005 at 23:06.
Old 15th May 2005, 23:06   #4
BANNED

Thanx buddy,

Once she comes i will post her pics.. but currently i am in a delima on the film..
Old 15th May 2005, 23:09   #5
BHPian

hey montoya didnt u recieve my msgs. hey there is a famous indian brand sunfilm but cant remember its name. ya i think the name is garware sun control film

Last edited by kooldude : 15th May 2005 at 23:12.
Old 15th May 2005, 23:23   #6
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Lumar is cheaper than Vkool & fellow members Iceman & Samurai will vouch for that.
Old 15th May 2005, 23:25   #7
BANNED

Is lumar available in mumbai. Havenot seen ICE since a long time.. where is he so i can get some reviews from him and samurai..
Old 15th May 2005, 23:42   #8
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Lumar is available in Bombay...go through samurai's post of test driving baleno...You'll find it there.
Old 15th May 2005, 23:54   #9
BANNED

Thanx RJK,

Trying to find it.. anywayz where in mumbai is it available..

there is a film which says anti fog.. that means in rain it does not get fogged up..

One more or most important thing i almost forgot but anywayz should i go for head light bulb upgrade or the light is sufficient..???????
Old 15th May 2005, 23:58   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Is fire extenguisher needed or not??
Mann seems like u r gonna rip the life outta that chevvy ..chillout u dont need any fire extinguisher

Mirror locks r a MUST ! Its very cheap 100-200 bucks and well worth it ... u will repent not have put them once u see them missing and have to pay a bomb to replace the mirror.

Car cover.... by best quality one...using cheap plastic will leave scratchs on the car... i have a black car too so i know how prone that paint is to scratchs. There is one imported one in the market that i use for all my cars ... i forgot the name i am sure the guy who u get ur stuff from will advice u of the best one

You should check out the thread whr every1 gave their bit about the best film... Also u might wanna consider putting a good heat resistant film on the sun roof.... i have one too and i feel alot of the heat comes in thru that glass... i havent put a film on that glass coz the showroom guy told me its not needed but i think it is... will put it sometime soon.
Old 16th May 2005, 00:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

for body covers,
TYVEX from DUPONT is the best.its sold by the makers of POLCO body covers.
u can get more details from Mr.vishal at shali007@rediffmail.com

i think u should pm rudra for more on accessories for the optra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montoya

One more or most important thing i almost forgot but anywayz should i go for head light bulb upgrade or the light is sufficient..???????

if its 55/60 w bulbs as OE ,then an upgrade to 100/90w with a relay would be advisable.
or else you can go for the philips blue vision 55/60w bulbs which claim to give 50%more light.

Last edited by speedsatya : 16th May 2005 at 00:07.
Old 16th May 2005, 00:39   #12
BANNED

Hey Sahil,

Planing to take it easy with the Chevvy unlike the NHC which i used to drive on full throttle pulling till 6000RPM many a times since that car was underpowered but still returned me a FE of 10.. But if i drive the Chevvy like that then i need to buy myself a Petrol Pump. Already the car is expected to give 8kmpl and if i drive the hell out of it, then 6 kpl.. so i am going to take it easy on it and have made a resolution of Shifting before 2000RPM max 3000RPM..

Well i will put mirror locks.. as far as sunfilm goes i had Vkool on my NHC and it did perform well.. just was asking for a cheaper alternative to Vkool..

Well will also plan to put film on the Sunroof.. Anywayz Cover i will have to search planing an Accord sized one so that the Chevvy is covered totally and no1 can see her..

Hey SS Have Pmed Rudra Sir.

Well basically i want the car cover so that the car is covered and it remains away from envious eyes and not for heat purposes..

Well i dont know which lights come with it.. but if i upgrade lights i will have to put a Cut out too??

I guess strut bar is not required or is it?? Does philips only claim to give more light or do they really do??

p.s I didnot find the Antenna in the optra where is it?? any idea any one has.
Old 16th May 2005, 00:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
congrats on your car man.dude talking about acceseriors what about the music system.do you want to upgrade that or leave it as it is.

Rev
Old 16th May 2005, 00:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Anywayz Cover i will have to search planing an Accord sized one so that the Chevvy is covered totally and no1 can see her..

tyvex from dupont are the best in india at present.they make covers for almost all indian cars
Old 16th May 2005, 01:00   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
tyvex from dupont are the best in india at present.they make covers for almost all indian cars
Thanx will get in touch soon..

Thanx Revv no plans on music system for the time being since its has 4 speaks + 4 tweeters..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks