Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 11:29   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Thanks for the compliments Ankit !

Do you know anyone who might be dealing in OE fogs ? The last time i tried, a guy offered me those round fogs that look sick. I don't need functionality, just the looks.
I had bought OE fogs ages ago for Rs. 2750 i think. And trust me, they are very useful. In low light areas where the use of low beam is not warranted but you still want to have a good view of the road and periphery to avoid potholes, etc, these are a blessing. Buy the OE ones if possible. Mine have lasted now nearly 8 years without the bulbs ever being changed nor any reduction in brightness.
Old 28th July 2009, 19:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I had bought OE fogs ages ago for Rs. 2750 i think. And trust me, they are very useful. In low light areas where the use of low beam is not warranted but you still want to have a good view of the road and periphery to avoid potholes, etc, these are a blessing. Buy the OE ones if possible. Mine have lasted now nearly 8 years without the bulbs ever being changed nor any reduction in brightness.
You brought them from Honda for 2.5k ? If you know any other place where i might be able to source them do let me know. Thanks !
Old 28th July 2009, 19:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

I've tried Opera House, Kurla and many other places for those fog lamps for a friend. Nobody seems to have them. Try Honda showrooms. I have a pair and I don't really like fog lamps, and bit of the right-side housing has been chipped off. You can get it fixed using a little amount of that "laambi" stuff and a bit of paint. Check my garage and let me know if you want them.

Last edited by pranavt : 28th July 2009 at 19:48.
Old 28th July 2009, 20:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I've tried Opera House, Kurla and many other places for those fog lamps for a friend. Nobody seems to have them. Try Honda showrooms. I have a pair and I don't really like fog lamps, and bit of the right-side housing has been chipped off. You can get it fixed using a little amount of that "laambi" stuff and a bit of paint. Check my garage and let me know if you want them.
I've sent you an email. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 28th July 2009, 23:02   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You brought them from Honda for 2.5k ? If you know any other place where i might be able to source them do let me know. Thanks !
I bought them from milan subway. Check it there. I think it was from chowksy motors
Old 30th July 2009, 17:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I bought them from milan subway. Check it there. I think it was from chowksy motors
Would you have any contact details ? I'm from Kerala, have no idea about bombay routes.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:03   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would you have any contact details ? I'm from Kerala, have no idea about bombay routes.
Choksi Motors
#9, Anu Building
Milan Subway Road
Santa Cruz West
Mumbai -400054
022-26125227

Call them and ask them first.

Also try Shetty Motors at Opera House:

022 23821390
022 23860838

Hansraj Damodar Building
Kennedy Bridge
Opera House
Girgaum, Bombay 400004
Old 30th July 2009, 19:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Choksi Motors
#9, Anu Building
Milan Subway Road
Santa Cruz West
Mumbai -400054
022-26125227

Call them and ask them first.

Also try Shetty Motors at Opera House:

022 23821390
022 23860838

Hansraj Damodar Building
Kennedy Bridge
Opera House
Girgaum, Bombay 400004
Thanks for the quick reply buddy. Chowksi quoted 3800 rupees for their 'last piece in stock'. Shetty motors will give me their quote tomorrow.
Old 2nd August 2009, 21:42   #54
BHPian

New Problem

It's been about 3 months since I've installed the FFE system and now somethings come up. The exhaust bass has gone down considerably while there's a louder groan coming from the engine bay - the air filter box to be exact. It's currently housing a stock paper air-filter. Is it that the air filter can't handle the free flow? Thing is it only started acting up during the last few weeks.

What could be the problem? Can't take the car to the mech for a week.
Old 4th August 2009, 17:03   #55
BHPian

Quote:

What could be the problem? Can't take the car to the mech for a week.
There is nothing much that you can check unless you take your car to a mechanic.

Check for any leaks in the exhaust system and in the air filter box. Check header gasket.
Old 15th August 2009, 23:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
There is nothing much that you can check unless you take your car to a mechanic.

Check for any leaks in the exhaust system and in the air filter box. Check header gasket.
Yep, it turned out to be a leaking header gasket. The guy who fixed it says that the header installation wasn't done correctly.
Old 16th August 2009, 01:39   #57
BHPian

Great that it worked out. Care to share how this was rectified (just share your experience) and also share the name of the place where you got your FFE done.
Old 17th August 2009, 19:16   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Great that it worked out. Care to share how this was rectified (just share your experience) and also share the name of the place where you got your FFE done.
They removed the rest of the nuts and replaced them with new nuts along with spring washers. It seems spring washers absorb some of the vibrations from the engine damping the effect it has on the nuts - they're irregularly shaped.

The nut replacement solved a header leak problem which i got a couple of days ago in which a nut had got loose and fallen of. But i still seem to have lost the bass from the muffler. Should i change the air filter to something more free flowing ?

Last edited by di1in : 17th August 2009 at 19:20.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:30   #59
BHPian

Ideally, a new ffe with a new header will sound slightly shriller initially and will turn much more bassy as the carbon deposits onto the headers and the ffe.

Are you sure that the "bass" effect has gone. I think you might be mistaking the "throaty/shrill" effect with the "bassy" effect.

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
They removed the rest of the nuts and replaced them with new nuts along with spring washers. It seems spring washers absorb some of the vibrations from the engine damping the effect it has on the nuts - they're irregularly shaped.

The nut replacement solved a header leak problem which i got a couple of days ago in which a nut had got loose and fallen of. But i still seem to have lost the bass from the muffler. Should i change the air filter to something more free flowing ?
Old 18th August 2009, 12:53   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Ideally, a new ffe with a new header will sound slightly shriller initially and will turn much more bassy as the carbon deposits onto the headers and the ffe.

Are you sure that the "bass" effect has gone. I think you might be mistaking the "throaty/shrill" effect with the "bassy" effect.

Cheers
Shrey
Nope it's the bass. Before, upon ignition, the muffler would give out a beautifull note of steady bass. Now, it's not there - the rumble from from the header/airfilter covers up the little bass that there is.
Either the muffling action has increased or the flow is less.
Could it be due to reduced rpm .. What's the normal idle rate ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks