Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2005, 08:22   #1

Accessories info need for OHC

Hi,

Rash here. I had a few qeuries regarding the OHC I own.

1. The Power Window Motor of the driver door of my City has stopped functioning. This had happened once when I had come to Mumbai. That time I took it to Ichiban and theyfixed it in no time. They told me that the bearings needed to be changed, that is all they said. After coming to Pune the motor stopped functioning in a couple of days. Deccan Honda here says I'll need to get it replaced. Now the motor costs a bomb, 9,500. Is there any cheaper alternative for this ? Can I get an aftermarket alternative ? Any specific info ?

2. I want to get a K & N Filter for the car. The dealers of K & N here dont understand anything other than marketing their product. What filter should I go in for ? Performance or Replacement ? Whats the model no. ?

3. I even want to get remote locking fitted on the car. Which remote locking system would you suggest ? and the cost involved ?

4. The car still has the stock Honda cassette player and the stock set of speakers. I was planning to upgrade to an MP3 system, but I wont be able to afford the full system right now. So would like to go step by step. I was thinking of just changing the head unit right now or go in for a CD changer in the boot. What are good entry level options in both ? Considering the fact that later as I save enough I'll be adding the amp, better speakers and the sub.
Old 21st May 2005, 09:13   #2
BHPian

1. I have no idea. Contact Domnic.

2. You can get a Cone Air Filter Kit, or a Typhoon air intake system. They are both pretty powerful.

3. Get a well known brand, preferably a system with an engine immobilizer option, all accesible from the remote. It can cost between 5000 and 10000.

4. Pioneer all the way. Change to a Pioneer head unit. Ask V1p3r or Anoops for the serial number of his Pioneer head deck. Get a set of good Pioneer speakers as well. Front = 120-150W and Rear = 700-800W. With that system, you don't need a sub. Tere's a hack with which you can make your rear speakers take all the base, front ones take all the treble. Ask V1p3r for details. If, you have an unlimited budget, however, go get a set of Polk-Momo speakers... not much to beat those.... they'll cost about 20,000-30,000 for a set of four...
Old 21st October 2005, 19:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rash_rp
Hi,

4. The car still has the stock Honda cassette player and the stock set of speakers. I was planning to upgrade to an MP3 system, but I wont be able to afford the full system right now. So would like to go step by step. I was thinking of just changing the head unit right now or go in for a CD changer in the boot. What are good entry level options in both ?
If you add a cd changer, you will need a compatible model, will cost about 10k at least, for one that matches exactly with your head unit and which can be controlled by the HU.
Else you will have to do with a FM modulating CD changer interface, this sends the signal from the CD as an FM signal to the radio of your changer. Sound quality is not as good.
Rather than that go for totally new HU with MP3 and forget cassettes. Pioneer 4750 will cost abt 5.5 K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks