Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 16:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

All of us are not biassed not blind but few are for sure!!

About thread starter's case its old car and even after rebuild new problems can start up anytime. Remember its machine, we heard stories of new cars failing so issues in pre owned cars are common even after very good treatment to it.

I have visited and used service of Psycho, I have owned 6+ vehicles personally in 6 years and I can give 8/10 marks to his service centre. Very good people with lot of good interest and put excellant attention. They are efficient too. I am so happy about FFE modification and issues fixed on my 6+ years old Matiz.

If you ask me If car owner has time to spend in garage visit known local service centres and make sure they take care of your car.

One cant trust authorized service centres but one can trust local service garage If we visit them with our personally. If they do mistake one need to give them time to fix but with authorized dealership one cant forgive them for charging too much and cheating.

Ravi.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:36   #47
BHPian

All's well that end's well,

Amit, great way to go, discussing your displeasure vs what you have been given, coming to a mutually beneficial conclusion to the both of you and with complete decorum.

Keshav & Amit, hats off.

Keeping it in the line of mature businessman is the best to all parties.

@ hrag. So far its only for ICE http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...larations.html

Tuner's need to have something along these lines.

OT - man your brand of mandvaali is worth taking tuitions of ! (mandvaali means compromise in Marathi/Bombayite language)

Last edited by mmmjgm : 21st April 2009 at 16:47.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

About thread starter's case its old car and even after rebuild new problems can start up anytime. Remember its machine, we heard stories of new cars failing so issues in pre owned cars are common even after very good treatment to it.
If I remember correctly, this problem was more due to differences in expectations and communication gaps. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was an old car or engine.

Last edited by vikram_d : 21st April 2009 at 16:42.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

All I can say about some so called "experts" (may or may not be a part of this forum) in delhi is "oonchi dukaan pheeka pakwaan.. tuitions free"
Old 21st April 2009, 16:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

I have visited and used service of Psycho, I have owned 6+ vehicles personally in 6 years and I can give 8/10 marks to his service centre. Very good people with lot of good interest and put excellant attention. They are efficient too. I am so happy about FFE modification and issues fixed on my 6+ years old Matiz.

Ravi.
Ravi,
I know its an old car but what has rebuilding an engine, suspension got to do with it?? all parts available no "JUGAAD" being done.do you know what work is done in my car? Do you know that the first baleno done by them was mine in 2005? what new problems started up? Is Failure the issue here or the build quality? Please read my posts and the purpose of this thread clearly my friend
Cheers
Old 21st April 2009, 16:53   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Tadu, yes as requested you wanted my story to make this thread more "serious" for your perception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Just A query, It is in plain view to all of us but do we turn a blind eye?
Wow! Look my take on Modifying is this.

When a person goes in for a stock system then everything works out well but whne one wants to experiment sometimes the expected does not happen.

Even in ICE we have cases when the results are/were not as expected. If anyone (customer or tuner) is afraid of the results of experiments it is best not to get involved. If you are ready to accept the pitfalls as well as the benefits in equal measure then you are psychologically ready for modding.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
If I remember correctly, this problem was more due to differences in expectations and communication gaps. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was an old car or engine.
I'm sorry but what has faulty wiring, badly setup suspension and an uninspected head in a 'rebuilt' engine have to do with expectations?

IMHO these are basics, not 'high expectations' that have to be met. If Amit had said "my car should not lean more than 5 degrees while taking a fast sweeping turn at 140 kmph" that would have been a 'high expectation' - expecting the car to behave like a car is not a high expectation.

Based on Amit's story I would say it is one screw up after another, big time.

It all sounds vaguely familiar, though.

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st April 2009 at 16:59.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2009, 16:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well navin there was no experiment in this case. It was a swap gone bad. If you read my entire post does it say that I expected too much or does it say that the work was bad/wrong? I leave it to you to decide.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:57   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
@ hrag. So far its only for ICE http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...larations.html

Tuner's need to have something along these lines.
I am NOT referring to tuners alone. I am also referring to automobile dealers, authorised service centres etc.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:03   #55
BHPian

No offences to any one here. This is just my opinion on things.

My dad used to say ( does now too ) " A business that is not looked into personally will never do good " From my experience managing a garment factory and a body shop by myself I can tell you this is quite true. I would say it was not Keshav's fault that the mechanic didnt bolt on the suspension right or connected teh wires wrong.

BUT end of the day the responsiblity is on the tuner no matter how qualified the mechanic turns out to be. Though he had no choice but to stay away from the garage in the midst of the problems that he was facing, end of the day the onus is on him to take responsiblity.

I would say look into the build yourself - every single bit and piece of it and you'll find that except for delays ( which in many cases are in evitable ) you'll not have any major problems. The problems crop up when you trust someone who doesnt (probably) share the same enthusiasm or connern about the build as yourself.
Harrie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2009, 17:10   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I am NOT referring to tuners alone. I am also referring to automobile dealers, authorised service centres etc.
Point taken Hrishi, however there are certain automobile company employees who are on the forum as well as dealers. Won't name them as do not have proof of them being a member here.

Then again, it's upto them, if they want to post and actively participate on the forum they will. Else they will not, I believe that auto company employees will not.

I know of a couple of dealers who are on this forum, have participated in meets and their cars (personal cars) feature here on the forum. They will not identify themselves, there's a lot at stake for them.

The stats would speak for themselves - 40k views of registered members & 650k odd unique views of the forum. (the skoda "instigation case")
Old 21st April 2009, 17:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I'm sorry but what has faulty wiring, badly setup suspension and an uninspected head in a 'rebuilt' engine have to do with expectations?
Steer would be better if you read it once again:

1) Faulty Wiring: Was on the ecu from a previous ECU swap done and was not an expected bug. It did lead to many problems like mileage, tuning being off the mark, rough idling etc. The key reason for not suspecting it was it was a stock ecu. PS: If you go through the sequence of events it was done a couple of weeks ago way after the swap was done.

2) Uninspected head: The head was suspected for the overheating and so was the radiator leading us to believe there could be a minor crack on the head. It turned out to be the radiator cap (Note: It looked normal without any damages just the spring was weak hence not suspected.)

3) Suspension was an accepted fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Based on Amit's story I would say it is one screw up after another, big time.

It all sounds vaguely familiar, though.
Like I said earlier perceptions matter and if it was that big a story I don't think we would have come to talking terms. Amit please feel free to point out if I have mentioned anything wrong.

PS: for the knowledge of others as to why I was missing was due to a damaged kidney and my resignation from office at around the same time
Old 21st April 2009, 17:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
I was missing was due to a damaged kidney
Did I not warn you about that Red Bull thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
my resignation from office at around the same time
Which your boss tore and threw out the window. Man you don't even know how to get fired.

@Spitfire - Why are confused?

Last edited by vikram_d : 21st April 2009 at 17:33.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:29   #59
BANNED

Am I the only one confused here?
Old 21st April 2009, 17:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

OK gentlemen, here is my story.

Those who may have my initial / first thread "newly modded Lancer" would know that this was a project which I had gotten into, literally to fulfill my dream of my younger days.

There was passion with which I started out. Did not spare a penny where it was needed. So much so that I kept saying "do not spare any expense"

Well to keep it short. I was very very happy with the outcome UNTILL the paint cracks showed up. There was a weird sound from the strut when one turned the steering, I mentioned it to Arush, his man did something & I was ok with it. Then the paint touch up was done though I'd requested scrapping the paint...no issue

After 3 months again the paint started to act up. Which was finally upon my insistence scrubbed to sheet metal & then re-done. I was happy.

The problem really came when I realized that the head was not ported / polished AND 3 shockers (All 4 were replaced when the car was done) had started to leak - WITHIN 5000 kms of total use that the car had been put to in 2 years

My brief had been simple. This car needs to have everything new from bumper to bumper....PERIOD. It should be as good as new, no expense spared, as I had intended to keep it pretty much forever. I still think that I owned one of the best looking Lancer in town. Any just anybody who saw it, said wow...

I was told with all the "ENGINE MODS" it should be putting out 120 Bhp. I dont think colourful ignition wires & NGK plugs do much for performance on a fairly stock engine

And what do you gentlemen think I paid for the entire project ?? The list of mods is in my Garage.

That is the story in short

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 21st April 2009 at 17:35.

Most Viewed