Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 12:41   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very tastefully done up Swift. Nice choice & congratulations.

Quote:
There is a used Remus endcan for the Swift on sale for 8500. Is it worth spending for the Remus ?
You could get an entire freeflow kit for about that money.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

FH, Spoiler@Rs.3.5k. Tempting. OEM costs somewhere around Rs.8k. Can u posts the picture of spoiler in ur car and where did u fitted and how much it totally costed u including transporting, painting and fitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You could get an entire freeflow kit for about that money.
I don't think anyone here in Chennai offers a new FFE at that pricing range (Rs.8500/- ) including headers. Electra/Speed works quotes way high, nearly 2.5 times of this price

However I understand that in Mumbai they do in this range, not able to figure out why there is such a huge difference. Might be the material used will be of different one. By the way, is there any life time for FFE?

Edit: You can also try C.Filter from PJSPEED

Last edited by Surprise : 25th April 2009 at 12:56.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Awesome looking car Sir ji !!! (may God bless the car)

first of all tell me that how you maintain your car. which polish/ wax you use. i want This result on my white hyundai vena which is 3 months old.
@Fountainheader, I am also looking forward for your answer on this. lovely shine there. Which wax/polish you use.?
Old 25th April 2009, 13:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. To tell you frankly, the mods were planned even before I even thought of buying the car lol.

Amey's thread on his Lenso Samurais and noidaboy's DDiS were the prime reasons. Plus there was always the itch to ensure its "Not just another Swift on the road".

Notorious/Abhinav,
Its simple 3M Car shampoo plus Formula1 wax polish. Just bought the kit, and thats why the car looks super clean. Else there is always a coating of dust on my car.

Nitrous,
I've checked Mridul's car (the pics I meant). But apart from the K&N, he also has full FFE with headers. Maybe I'll meet him this weekend.

Amey,
I was more looking towards comfort and S-Drives reviews mentioned about noise which I wasn't keen on. But I am really having 2nd thoughts about the A-Drives. In the past 24 hrs, I did some emergency braking, and somehow the tyres aint really giving me the confidence. Or maybe its psychological. But would like to trade them for S-Drives or the PP2s very soon. (If I get a good buyback that is)

GTO,
Thats what I also think. I guess swift8847 has his entire FFE kit for 9.5k

Surprise,
The OEM MGA spoiler now costs 6500. I'll post a few pics of the spoiler soon. I drove down to Bangalore a fortnight back. Got it installed at Satya's place.

Anup,
You did mention about the K&N Apollo and the Remus stuff. As of now its the low RPM sluggishness that bothers me, more than anything else.

Last edited by Fountainheader : 25th April 2009 at 13:04.
Old 25th April 2009, 13:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post

Amey,
I was more looking towards comfort and S-Drives reviews mentioned about noise which I wasn't keen on. But I am really having 2nd thoughts about the A-Drives. In the past 24 hrs, I did some emergency braking, and somehow the tyres aint really giving me the confidence. Or maybe its psychological. But would like to trade them for S-Drives or the PP2s very soon. (If I get a good buyback that is)
PP2s is the way to go !!!!

Also put some Tarox slotted rotors instead of the stock ones, improves braking alot.
I did so recently on mine and am very happy.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

How is the light throw of the projector headlamps ? Is it a nice wide spread ?? Is the unit adjustable for focus ? Are they "real" projectors on the low beam ?

Would appreciate a reply.

Thanks
Old 25th April 2009, 15:25   #22
BHPian

ricky projectors on low beam are really projectors. for everything else anil bhai.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
How is the light throw of the projector headlamps ? Is it a nice wide spread ?? Is the unit adjustable for focus ? Are they "real" projectors on the low beam ?

Would appreciate a reply.

Thanks
Yes boss. They are "real" projectors with 4300K HIDs in them. Light spread is good enough. The HIDs do their job really well. But the Osrams that I have on the high beam have slight throw issues. Plus the Osrams are yellow in Color. I am still looking for options which throw good light and are white in color. Heard Philips Diamond Vision is a close option.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:30   #24
BHPian

anil can you explain what are the throw issues with night breaker?
Old 25th April 2009, 15:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I am still looking for options which throw good light and are white in color. Heard Philips Diamond Vision is a close option.
Anil, diamond visions are not good. Its just for looks, no throw at all. I bought and used it only for a week! Not worth. Why dont you try Narva, they are 90/100 and cheaper than diamond visions. Not sure if they are available in H1.
Old 25th April 2009, 16:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes boss. They are "real" projectors with 4300K HIDs in them. Light spread is good enough. The HIDs do their job really well. But the Osrams that I have on the high beam have slight throw issues. Plus the Osrams are yellow in Color. I am still looking for options which throw good light and are white in color. Heard Philips Diamond Vision is a close option.

Well I prefer yellowish light vs white, as the visibility to the human eye is better with yellowish light. The 4300k HID's though should be yellow enough ?! Not sure though.

I for one am very particular about headlights being good - they should focus well & not blind oncoming traffic. Hence my question.

From what I gather the low beam with the projectors, have good light dispersal as in OE stuff.

Cheers
Old 25th April 2009, 21:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ricky,
Even I was very particular about the Yellow lights. For I am more inclined towards utility than bling. Anyways 3000K are supposed to be yellow in nature. But availability is a big issue. What I am planning to do is buy separate 3000K bulbs and replace the current 4300K ones.

Sumit,
The low beam is fantastic. But when I switch on both the high and low beams, the throw that the Osrams is very short. In fact at times I feel its as long as the low beams. Maybe there is some alignment/focus issues. Need to check them out.
Old 25th April 2009, 21:49   #28

Nice car

Those are some wonderful pics....wonderful mods...Azure grey was one of my preferred ones (sunlight copper being the other)

Happened to visit three dealers in Chennai today for a quotation on ZXI (def need airbags an ABS..safety is important ) and no offers except for the so called corporate discount around 2-3K..

Khivraj - 580007
Cars India - 579932
ABT - 580255

Any advice for other dealers to check out for....

anyways, congratulations on your new baby...
Old 26th April 2009, 00:09   #29
BHPian

hi fountainheader .what is the exact colour of those lenso alloys?
Old 26th April 2009, 00:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Prabhu,

Thanks

Do check out Kapico. PM me and I'll send you the phone number of the salesman. He shd get some accessories offer atleast. And I agree with the safety option. No matter how much they are put to use, it always helps to have the psychological satisfaction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks