Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 23:04   #16
BHPian

Though the innova stretch looks good, it is against the RTO norms, as its structural integrity can be doubted. The norms say that the factory length of the car cannnot be changed without the permission of the RTO and the car manufacturer! Plus i dont thionk it is suitable for driving on indian roads!
The contessa looks classy!
Old 26th April 2009, 23:07   #17
BHPian

Here's another project of Contessa turned Mustang:

-http://www.rally.co.in/video-f9/contessa-converts-into-mustang-t1009.html

Pics of completed mod on page 3 of that thread.
Old 27th April 2009, 07:10   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
ps - Addy, do you see ??
Yeah, I do.
But, unless something goes drastically wrong (or, in your opinion, right), my Contessa days are numbered.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:12   #19
BHPian

The Contessa Mustang looks cool, would love to see it when completed!

I believe the Innova's second door should have been completely straight (dont know another way of wording what I m trying to say here) as the wheel well has been moved further back.

Couple of car body mods I chanced upon - Stretch Innova & Conti-Mustang-untitled.jpg
Old 27th April 2009, 15:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell boy View Post
The Mustang Conty looks awesome. I just hope it is completed soon.It will sure look a killer machine.
I was told the Mustang will be completed in a week or so. It does look cool !

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
dude, you might have to break more lights for us to see more photos of this beauty. please keep going there and update us man
Have mercy on me sir! I'll try to get updates w/o breaking or damaging anything in my car ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
It might be useful who has a large family. They can drive in Bangy roads also. We already have the bus-trailers running (twin coaches). I feel this should not be any problem in running.
The issue is how such a long wheelbase will go over our BLR mountain speedbreakers! Also, making a U-turn on this stretched car will be akin to a bus ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_know View Post
I believe the Innova's second door should have been completely straight (dont know another way of wording what I m trying to say here) as the wheel well has been moved further back.
I think they are trying to bring fold lines on the door panels/sides. In any case, will ask more about it when I am there.
Old 9th May 2009, 00:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Yesterday, I had been to Sai Colorium to get my broken front indicator light replaced (had a brush with an auto ). A.S.S. had quoted ~2000 bucks + labor + taxes. Depo lamp about ~500 (yet to get the bill).

There, I came across two body modifications and clicked a few photos with Ananth's permission. Used my N95, so some of them may not be that sharp.

First up, I noticed this Innova 'stretch' limo - First thing, I thought was, man, this is going to be difficult to drive in Bangalore (would be also interesting to see what happens at tall humps), and probably needs Pete's box for the extra weight to be lugged around ? Of course, tons of interior space. Also, being RWD, work required on the drive shaft etc.

Innova 'stretch-limo'
Attachment 129405

Attachment 129406

Then, I saw a Contessa 'converted' to a Mustang look- alike. 4-door changed to 2-door, front and side body modifications to mimic the Mustang. Apparently, it costed about ~3lakhs to do this conversion. Here are a few photos

Contessa 'Mustang'
Attachment 129407
Attachment 129408

Both jobs are work-in-progress. Thought to post the above snaps to hear fellow bhpians' comments :-)
Hi. I am from Mumbai and in Andheri Link Road near Laxmi Ind. Estate there is this young sikh gentelman named Sunny he has got a small setup but he does good repaires to totally bashed up vehicles and after the job is done these cars come out as good as new.You will find all types of cars in worst accident condition in his w/shop.Some time back he did streach job for a Sumo and it came out very well. The best part of this guy is that he repaires the damaged portions instead of just replacing them by new ones.which becomes less expensive.
Rarely he replaces the damaged portions. I had my Honda Accord seriously damaged by a autorickshaw and the damage was extensive including driver side door front mudguard which looked beyond repairs and driver door stopper which totally broke into two he made some alterations and fixed a Maruti Swift door stopper which is not at all different then original as far as working is concerened and the cost is also less then half of original Honda stopper.I was very happy with his job.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi. I am from Mumbai and in Andheri Link Road near Laxmi Ind. Estate there is this young sikh gentelman named Sunny he has got a small setup but he does good repaires to totally bashed up vehicles and after the job is done these cars come out as good as new.You will find all types of cars in worst accident condition in his w/shop.Some time back he did streach job for a Sumo and it came out very well. The best part of this guy is that he repaires the damaged portions instead of just replacing them by new ones.which becomes less expensive.
Rarely he replaces the damaged portions. I had my Honda Accord seriously damaged by a autorickshaw and the damage was extensive including driver side door front mudguard which looked beyond repairs and driver door stopper which totally broke into two he made some alterations and fixed a Maruti Swift door stopper which is not at all different then original as far as working is concerened and the cost is also less then half of original Honda stopper.I was very happy with his job.
Hey Iqbal. Welcome to the forum. Happy to hear about your satisfactory repair job,but dude it is of no relevance to this thread. To get back on topic, shouldnt the 'Contang' be completed by now. Can we have the finished pictures .
Old 9th May 2009, 12:22   #23
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA5K View Post
Here's another project of Contessa turned Mustang:

-http://www.rally.co.in/video-f9/contessa-converts-into-mustang-t1009.html

Pics of completed mod on page 3 of that thread.
Thanks for the link. I though like the one on this thread better. The body work on this one looks better except for the 'Metal LIP' This one doesnt look like a TATA MOBILE to BEnz conversions. Conti had its own charm Why did they discontinue it!!!!! I hope it comes back like the Chevvy challanger. Given the indian automobile history we have never seen come backs like Challanger, Mini or Bettle

Old 9th May 2009, 12:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

the contessa-mustang looks awesome!
and for 3 lakhs, it's a steal!

cheers
Old 9th May 2009, 20:51   #25
BHPian

I've seen the 'Contang' here in Delhi once. Had come to a college fest, was all done up. Im guessing this is another one being modified. Think the company here was SpeedBugs or something? They a body kitted Getz with a flame thrower as well.
Old 9th May 2009, 21:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Seems it does 190kmph plus.

Nice paint job. The details are good , like the OVRMs.

Couple of car body mods I chanced upon - Stretch Innova & Conti-Mustang-m.jpg

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th May 2009 at 15:36. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:18   #27
BHPian

wow the Conti Mustang mod looks just out of this world.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Seems it does 190kmph plus.

Nice paint job. The details are good , like the OVRMs.
jk do you have more pics of the same car very nicely done, loved the front.
Old 10th May 2009, 00:51   #29
BHPian

contessa-mustang looks great, when is it expected to get ready to hit the road ?
Old 10th May 2009, 10:50   #30
BHPian

Real Mustang

The Real 1976 Mustang ,Perhaps a remake of this..the Conti - Mustang
Attached Thumbnails
Couple of car body mods I chanced upon - Stretch Innova & Conti-Mustang-12.jpg  

Most Viewed