Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 18:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Couple of car body mods I chanced upon - Stretch Innova & Conti-Mustang

Yesterday, I had been to Sai Colorium to get my broken front indicator light replaced (had a brush with an auto ). A.S.S. had quoted ~2000 bucks + labor + taxes. Depo lamp about ~500 (yet to get the bill).

There, I came across two body modifications and clicked a few photos with Ananth's permission. Used my N95, so some of them may not be that sharp.

First up, I noticed this Innova 'stretch' limo - First thing, I thought was, man, this is going to be difficult to drive in Bangalore (would be also interesting to see what happens at tall humps), and probably needs Pete's box for the extra weight to be lugged around ? Of course, tons of interior space. Also, being RWD, work required on the drive shaft etc.

Innova 'stretch-limo'
Couple of car body mods I chanced upon - Stretch Innova & Conti-Mustang-innova_stretch2.jpg

Couple of car body mods I chanced upon - Stretch Innova & Conti-Mustang-innova_stretch1.jpg

Then, I saw a Contessa 'converted' to a Mustang look- alike. 4-door changed to 2-door, front and side body modifications to mimic the Mustang. Apparently, it costed about ~3lakhs to do this conversion. Here are a few photos

Contessa 'Mustang'
Couple of car body mods I chanced upon - Stretch Innova & Conti-Mustang-contessa_mustang.jpg
Couple of car body mods I chanced upon - Stretch Innova & Conti-Mustang-contessa_mustang2.jpg

Both jobs are work-in-progress. Thought to post the above snaps to hear fellow bhpians' comments :-)

Last edited by lancer_rit : 26th April 2009 at 18:22.
Old 26th April 2009, 18:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

The MUSTANG looks wicked. Would like to see it when complete.

ps - Addy, do you see ??
Old 26th April 2009, 18:33   #3
BHPian

The mustang contessa looks awesome. That is one heck of a mod.
Old 26th April 2009, 19:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The "Contang" looks quite stylish, though the final fit and finish remains to be seen. But the stretch Innova - that must be some weird person's brainchild. I would think that for the chassis to be structurally sound, there'll be added some 1 tonne of new metal to the unladen weight. Then what? 0-60 km/h in 60 seconds?
Old 26th April 2009, 19:18   #5
BHPian

man the contessa looks wicked would love to see the finished car
the innova has been stretched too much i think the second door should have been moved backwards . how are they going to move around inside at the back-crawl?
Old 26th April 2009, 19:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Both seem to be good projects.

The Mustang Conty looks amazing. I just hope they've got a powerful engine planned for it.

Shan2nu
Old 26th April 2009, 19:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The MUSTANG looks wicked. Would like to see it when complete.

ps - Addy, do you see ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
The mustang contessa looks awesome. That is one heck of a mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The "Contang" looks quite stylish, though the final fit and finish remains to be seen.
Will try to see if I can get the finished pics of the "Contang" when I go to get my car after the bumper painting is done (same reason as indicator broken).

Quote:
But the stretch Innova - that must be some weird person's brainchild. I would think that for the chassis to be structurally sound, there'll be added some 1 tonne of new metal to the unladen weight. Then what? 0-60 km/h in 60 seconds?
Well, that is what I thought as well that Pete's box may become must for this car. Ideally the door should be pushed to the end (typical stretch limo config like in Lincoln or Cadillac stretch limo), but even in that case, one has to walk bending down in case you take one of the inner seats (again depends on the seating arrangement inside the limo).
Will try to find more details. I was worried about how reliable the power delivery to the rear wheels will be after that much stretch ...
Old 26th April 2009, 19:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

3L for conversion does sound steep, but the Contessa looks like a stunner!
Old 26th April 2009, 19:42   #9
BHPian

I dont think the Innova is being built for speed. Contessa looks hot
Old 26th April 2009, 19:54   #10
BHPian

The Mustang Conty looks awesome. I just hope it is completed soon.It will sure look a killer machine.
Old 26th April 2009, 20:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

oh man. i just drooled over the Mustessa! one muscle car in the guise of the ultimate muscle car is the recipe for DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
dude, you might have to break more lights for us to see more photos of this beauty. please keep going there and update us man
Old 26th April 2009, 20:15   #12

the contessa looks "wicked" but 3 lac for body modification !!
Old 26th April 2009, 21:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

both the projects look promising,will love to see the final outcome.
@lancer try and keep updating this thread with the WIP pics.
Old 26th April 2009, 22:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Mustang looks great.

I am wondering whether the innova will actually be useful in bangalore city. Would RTO have any problem with these kind of mods?
Old 26th April 2009, 22:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am wondering whether the innova will actually be useful in bangalore city. Would RTO have any problem with these kind of mods?
It might be useful who has a large family. They can drive in Bangy roads also. We already have the bus-trailers running (twin coaches). I feel this should not be any problem in running. For the RTO part, they guy who is doing modification would'nt have bothered about RTO or he will get the approval by giving some money as it will be one of its kind.

Most Viewed