Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 18:30   #1
BHPian

How Do I Remove the roof mounted Antenna from Swift?

Guys I am trying to understand if we can remove the roof mount Antenna from Swift.

I would like to know if the complete set can be removed, if so how is it done? (including the base of the Antenna)

I am trying an DIY!
Attached Thumbnails
How Do I Remove the roof mounted Antenna from Swift?-roof_antenna.jpg  

Old 29th April 2009, 18:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

ajitsank,
Even I am planning to shift the antenna from the front to the rear (Like the Fabia, Verna).

Do update in case you find a solution
Old 29th April 2009, 20:13   #3
BHPian

Such roof mounted antenna`s are bolted from inside, so first of all you have to remove the interior pad seen on the celing of your car. There will be a bolt inside, unbolt it! Once you remove it you have to place a sticker or something to cover that hole on the roof, If its at the back you can fix a Fin spoiler. For fabia that can be done.I did the same on my dads Skoda Laura!
Old 29th April 2009, 22:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Such roof mounted antenna`s are bolted from inside, so first of all you have to remove the interior pad seen on the celing of your car. There will be a bolt inside, unbolt it! Once you remove it you have to place a sticker or something to cover that hole on the roof, If its at the back you can fix a Fin spoiler. For fabia that can be done.I did the same on my dads Skoda Laura!
How does one remove the pad, any inputs on that?
Old 30th April 2009, 00:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Remove the interior light.Its darn easy.No scews nothing.Then inside there is a bolt which holds the mounting of the antenna.Remove it and then u can remove the antenna.
I
Old 30th April 2009, 00:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

whats the point behind removing that antenna many i ask?

i dont know how placing the antenna at other places would improve reception, but i find it to be at one of the best places, that is because, kids wont have access to play with it or break it. Well one of my friend's accent has this rear motorized antenna, and while in a traffic signal one of the morons crossing the road slightly hit/bent it and that moron was kind of in a frustrated mood while my friend was watching in his RVM, and now the antenna does not fold down completely any more.

so i think its at one of the best places it can be.
Old 30th April 2009, 01:56   #7
BHPian

If Humyun is right, removal is a fairly straightforward process. But then you would have to drill holes in the rear of the roof to mount it again and re-route the wires and this surely involves removing the roof lining. Seems to be quite a tedious thing to do. Also, the existing holes will have to be sealed else you may have to drive around with a small bucket when it rains.
However, I do like the idea of a rear mounted antenna. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 30th April 2009, 02:28   #8
BHPian

For hatch backs the antenna at the rear looks good than at front. Dont fix the same antena that you removed from the front, cause to fix it you may have to drill the roof. Go for some after market ones comes with 3M's self adhesive.
Old 30th April 2009, 02:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Go for some after market ones comes with 3M's self adhesive.
How would you connect the wires in such a case? I think the adhesive antennae are largely for 'show'.
Old 30th April 2009, 05:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
How would you connect the wires in such a case? I think the adhesive antennae are largely for 'show'.
Guys my idea of removing the antenna was to connect the WS Antenna. I am trying to get a WorldSpace connected in my car. It is going to be purely on trial basis, if anybody has used this hardware please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
How Do I Remove the roof mounted Antenna from Swift?-antenna.jpg  

Old 30th April 2009, 09:42   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Guys my idea of removing the antenna was to connect the WS Antenna. I am trying to get a WorldSpace connected in my car. It is going to be purely on trial basis, if anybody has used this hardware please let me know.

Worldspace requires its antenna to be pointing in a specific direction and at specific angle. How will you manage it in a car, it is not stationary? Please do a thorough research before spoiling your car.
Old 30th April 2009, 11:33   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
Worldspace requires its antenna to be pointing in a specific direction and at specific angle. How will you manage it in a car, it is not stationary? Please do a thorough research before spoiling your car.
True the antenna I have mentioned needs no pointing towards a direction.
Old 30th April 2009, 12:42   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Ajit, where did you find that antenna ? Link, pls - & the details : cost, technical, etc.

TIA !
Old 30th April 2009, 12:53   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ajit, where did you find that antenna ? Link, pls - & the details : cost, technical, etc.

TIA !
This is a swiss company.

Cost is EUR 69
Shipping and taxes extra

You could write to this person ferdinando.tiezzi@jast.ch

Attached is the brochure for the product. I have just placed the order for it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JAS_WS-MAC-1_v11.pdf (281.2 KB, 1032 views)
Old 30th April 2009, 14:29   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Euro 69 feels a little too much for the antenna. We had someone trying to advertise here for such an antenna.

Btw, if you want to try this antenna :
1. Suggest : think of removing the stock antenna after you have verified this antenna works.
2. This antenna is tuned for WS frequencies, and may not catch FM signals.
3. Till then / even later You dont need to remove the stock antenna. Unless you want to remove the FM altogether.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks