Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2005, 21:04   #31
BHPian

cost for the accent crdi chip?
Old 9th June 2005, 21:31   #32
BANNED

@ Z i guess it 35K read it somewhere in this post i guess..
Old 12th June 2005, 08:33   #33
BHPian

That is right it is around 35K
Old 13th June 2005, 00:20   #34
BHPian

35k is not bad.. Considering that there is no modifications required and that some people have already tried it on a Merc e270cdi and supposedly flies.. I wonder if someone has tried it on the accent crdi and how well does it work and if it is work the amount spent on it..

z
Old 14th June 2005, 08:00   #35
BHPian

Z Klasse
Why dont you give the mumbai delaer a call - lalit +919820289737. He should arrange a test drive for you in an accent. HAVE FUN

Believe me it really works. You need to drive it to know the difference
Old 16th June 2005, 16:11   #36
BHPian

Here is our demo car guys

Last edited by turboindia : 16th June 2005 at 16:16.
Old 16th June 2005, 16:29   #37
BHPian

How good is it on an Accent CRdi? Worth teh amount?

Z
Old 17th June 2005, 11:24   #38
BHPian

On the accent the unit is set for 98 bhp in NORMAL. You have 2 higher settings but we would suggest you dont increase the setting unless you have a K&N or other free flow air filter. One of the byproducts of the increase in power is a better fuel effeciency upto around 3 km depending on the way you drive. As i told you give LALIT a call and experience first hand what we are talking about. I am sure you'll fall for it. So keep the money ready too.

Alternatively give me your phone number and I'll ask my technical guys to give you a call and clear the doubts you may have.

HAVE FUN,

Peter
Old 17th June 2005, 19:10   #39
BHPian

hi guys,
tested the power box 2 days back on my accent crdi.and must say,it took my breath away.i mean the forward pull one gets just around 1900 rpm,will be an experience one will not forget in a hurry.you need not wait till 2000rpm as they claim.so good that i did not want to down-shift-just keep on going and going.in fact the technician who came with had to remind me that we had to return.and my timing was also slightly bad-it was peak traffic time at ernakulam.sad that at present i dont have the money to purchase it
i dont think,to be very honest,there will be a rise in fuel efficiency.
how can there be,when the rise in power is obtained by an increase in the fuel injected to the cylinder.though i dont think there will be a rise in fuel consumption in city driving as this unit kicks in only after 1900rpm,an rpm many users need not attain in normal city driving in the crdi accent.anyway i dont think anyone will buy this box for getting an increase in the mileage
and a beautifully done demo car,pete.mind telling me from where you got the alloys andalso which make?14" i guess?
Old 18th June 2005, 13:27   #40
BHPian

Hey carfreak,
As you said noone will buy the tuning box to increase mileage but thta is just a niice byproduct of the extra power and torque. As days go by we see more and more users informing us about their better milaege.
And for your info the tuning box kicks in at 1800 rpm in normal driving but it kicks in at even 1500 rpm if the extra torque is required, for eg when you are in 4th gear at low speeds and you need to overtake. The Pete's tuning box is the ultimate in diesel engine tuning. We have taken 8 to 9 months to get this into the market and the intensive testing we did makes completey sure of the product.
Overdrive has tested all our boxes and their report in the next issue should give you the 0 - 100 figures etc.
Hey and hope the AIRCHECKERS are great,
Hey and since you really liked the box i have an option for you. somebody will call you on monday. Take care,

Peter
Old 18th June 2005, 19:33   #41
BANNED

Hey peter should not the chip work in Indigo newer ones as they have ECU in them. I saw some TDI indigos recently..
Old 18th June 2005, 20:07   #42
BHPian

Yes the tuning box will work on the new indigos if you get the unit tuned and made for it but we are not really planning to go in for a tuning box on the Indigo for one it has a very bad engine life and 2 we have not tested an indigo engine with a tuning box. All our units have been tested on the relevant engines for lakhs of kms before hitting the stands.

The tata engines have a very poor life span and so we have gone against the idea of developing a box for the same. Sorry guys
Old 18th June 2005, 23:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

hey turbo
any dealers in hyd?
Old 20th June 2005, 08:15   #44
BHPian

aadix,
Still looking for a good dealer in hyderabad. Would be grateful if you could suggest the best guy to give to. Someone already in the field,

THX

Peter
Old 20th June 2005, 15:05   #45
BHPian

Hey peter ,
Where did you get those alloys from?emperor or pit stop?which make?
P.S:Sorry i know this is Off-topic,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks