Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:09   #1

Improving Ride Quality In Ford Endeavour

Hi

This is Krishnan from Chennai, and I own a Ford Endeavour 2004 model [The 2.5L Turbo]. I would like feedback and opinion from experts in this forum and Endy users on improving suspension

Is there a way to improve the ride quality of the endeavour, the 2nd and 3rd rows in Endy cutting across all the versions are very bad. The oil based shock absorbers - leaf spring suspensions are the cause. Do you feel that replacing the existing suspenion with an gas shock absorbers - leaf springs will help, and If so, Are Monroe Gasfilled shock absorbers a good option

Shall appreciate your response

regards

KRISHNAN PS
CHENNAI
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Get the 'composite fiber leaf springs' for your Endy. It should make a world of difference.

Search in the 4x4 technical section for the thread on this subject.
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Dont Pete's have a remedy for this (will be costly though). I think Jerrish or so was talking about his sometime back during a meet.
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:25   #4
BHPian

given that you in chennai, there are guys there who make fiber/composite leafs for the endevour and the difference is night and day, ther is also hotbits which makes suspension for teh endevour, both these things would improve ride quality imensly.
Old 3rd May 2009, 15:01   #5
BANNED

Do you have problems with the front or the rear suspension ?

If it is the rear suspension then I can help out since it is leaf suspension . The leaf needs a bit of tuning and it is easy to get it done .
Old 3rd May 2009, 18:06   #6
rippergeo

Tyres first,Composite fibre leaves next, dampers/shock absorbers later.
Thats what I'm planning. busy with the swift now, so will update when I get around to the Endy.

If at any point, I feel handling is suffering, i'll go back to stock, as the family is quite used to the current ride quality and Handling is a priority for the drivers in the family.

@pskrishnan- what tyres are you currently using? and what pressure?
@greatmana- what do you propose?
@jkdas- leaves are the main culprit, pete's have dampers, but I think, after the composite fiber leaves are in, the Bilsteins may be used to help with any handling issues/ body roll probs that may arise
@speedsport- any idea on the reliability of these composite fiber leaves? I hear that they are single leaves. I'm terrified that they will fatigue and break while I'm tearing through a corner with the tail out!

Last edited by rippergeo : 3rd May 2009 at 18:11.

Old 11th August 2014, 00:25   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Improving Ride Quality In Ford Endeavour

I have just booked a 2014 Endeavor 4x2 AT that should be delivered next week. I'm looking for ways to improve the bumpy ride quality with minimal changes to the Orignal mechanical setup. The car will be used on the Mumbai-Pune expressway often so don't want to hamper the handling and high speed dynamics of the car which aren't much to rave about already. Most of all I am looking for a safe and reliable setup. Off roading is not a priority.

Please do suggest the best option and brand to go with. I would like to order the part and have it fitment aftermarket by my trusted garage(Shanbaug)

Most Viewed