Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2005, 17:49   #1
BANNED

In House Tuners - What do you think about the swift?!!!

Guys, I know this may sound a bit pre-mature but Id like to hear wat the tuners have to say about the possibilities of mods on the swift ??? I'm sure there r plenty of ppl out there who already planning on changing the total power output of this machine .. so lets see wat our members can dig up ??

Scouts, pls keep ur ears open and see wat th etuners have up their sleeves ...

cheers
Old 30th May 2005, 18:19   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Um, I know of one bombay tuner who has a 1.6 Baleno engine - ready and modded. He is just waiting for the swifts delivery to dump the B-Engine in it!

Talk about launching a 1.6 Swift even before Maruti does

GTO
Old 30th May 2005, 21:39   #3
BANNED

GTO, I suspected as much ... I'm sure their r plenty more out there who all ready for delivery to happen so they can plonk the prepared baleno engines into it ... LOL . Mayb some one shud tell maruti 2 b totally aggressive and shud launch the 1.6 version simultaneously . They changing the look of the company so why not the total way , I for one am totally confused wether to wait or go ahead ?? I'm impressed by this but then the 1.6 wud have been my preferred choice , now i dunno when they gonna launch that ..

I'm sure their must b atleast one member who can get inside info on the plans of maruti as far as that plan of theirs.

I wonder how much a baleno engine is available for .... ?? Any ideas how much wud this idea cost ......

cheers
Old 31st May 2005, 00:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Talk about launching a 1.6 Swift even before Maruti does
Well Indian's come of age... looks like we might need new rules to legalise engine swaps LOL!!! Or even Maruti launching a seperate performance division for its cars like Ford and Chevy.

Gotta wait and watch those wheel hops on the hot hot hot hatch!!!
Old 31st May 2005, 00:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey khaadu, infact it is more or less confirmed that the swift 1.6 shall not be launched in 2005. So i guess its another year in the waiting...
Old 31st May 2005, 09:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

well the 1.6 is slated for mid 2006.
the swift has excellent place in the engine bay for a bigger powerplant. also a 1.6 straight swap wont be good enough cos the difference is only 8 bhp. whereas in the current swift the following will straight away give you a 25+ bhp:
1. cold air induction. as of now the filter is right above the valve door lot of heat!!!
2. good set of extractors. the current ones are pathetic.
3. the intake manifold. the current one is not efficient enough.
also the swift has the same ignition as the baleno, a DIS. the gearing is different need to get the ratios....
overall the swift as is can be 120 bhp. if going 1.6 yuo better be 150+ else no point. so the idea of a swap is out unless teh 1.6 is fully blown and throwing out 150+bhp or is a 1.8!!!
Old 31st May 2005, 09:44   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
who has a 1.6 Baleno engine - ready and modded.
I guess thats why this chap is waiting with a modded 1.6 B-Engine.

Interesting point on the difference in BHP - Its only 7 at stock.

GTO
Old 31st May 2005, 12:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

well drove the swift yesterday... all i can say i its a Very Heavy car... the base version weighs about 980 Kgs, the Zxi is 1010 kgs.... more heavier than the honda city and baleno!!....

the gear box is pretty good though suzuki have mixed and matched the gear ratio's from the m13 and m15 international models...
1st 3.545
2nd 1.904
3rd 1.280
4th 0.966
5th 0.757
reverse 3.272
Final Drive is a : 4.105

.... well there are few possiblities in doing this car up, like a baleno engine, overboring as you will however enter the indian open categories with a swap...

but in the end the weight of the car is what is of concern.... need to do a lot of trimming before we can compete with this car in indian open....

else mod the same engine with all the tricks in the books... as you will enter the 1001 to 1499 cc category and there are good chances... to make this car reach timings other cars like the honda, baleno, and zen esteems doing will need big pockets...

cheers
dom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks