Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 20:18   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Afterall we were the first people in India to build this kind of a car, and yes we do have access to OE Mitsubishi parts.

Cheers.
Curious to know if that be the one that JD drove at the Bangalore Speed Run a couple of years back?
Old 8th May 2009, 02:11   #47
BHPian

i know i'm asking a stupid question here can it be used on a daily basis and what would be the mileage under normal riding conditions ???

This is a 4G63T 2000cc AWD so the 11lakhs includes the car ,rear cradle, transmission, suspension, paint and all ??? are the brakes stock ??? and do all wheels have disk brakes ???

Ps: would love it if we could see the pics of the interiors too

Last edited by Lancer.ized : 8th May 2009 at 02:21.
Old 8th May 2009, 03:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Lancer.ized,

I dont think any tuner on a forum would be willing to disclose the exact prices for each and every part installed in a swap as it would draw a lot of arguments by others like he can get it some a lot cheaper than him or why this product from X company and not Y, someone else got the job done for less and similar.

Best option to gain knowledge and understand all is ask the tuner what all parts are required for such a swap like : engine, motor mounts, brake disk, pads, lsd, gearbox, differential, hearers, exhaust, plumbing, pipes, filter, ecm, bumpers, dials, console, steering, and some labour jobs needed, etc. Get it from all owners, tuners and consolidate them. Categorize them as "must have" , good to have", etc. Once you have the list , explore the web on these items and figure out which parts work best for you. Once done, dont forget to publish this.

As many have suggested, owning such a car is not a go and buy thing. You need to start from scratch and understand all that goes in such a job. Its a little painful exercise and you need a lot of patience.

Mileage for such a car could be anywhere between 3-12. Daily driven sedately should see about 8kmpl in city.
Old 8th May 2009, 03:47   #49
BHPian

@dipen i understand what you mean but i'm not asking the prices of parts just wanted to know what all is included with the 11lakh package
Old 8th May 2009, 09:21   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Curious to know if that be the one that JD drove at the Bangalore Speed Run a couple of years back?
It was in Mumbai speedrun, they drove all the way from chinnai to mumbai & set the fastest timing on the drag day & they were the first in india to do this kind of swap.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
3. Dyno reading?
Wont be able to get a Dyno reading here for sure, its a AWD which the Dyno in Mumbai cannot handle. It is meant to dyno only 2 wheel drive cars. Dyno figures after the swap would be a grey area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
No other tuner can get OEM Mitsubishi parts,for sure!
Why is that Karan? Is it due to shortage of spares as the IV is a relatively older gen Evo? Should not be so.
Old 8th May 2009, 16:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

Karan, sorry to burst your bubble buddy but OEM mitsubishi parts are available to anyone who wants them. Unless you have a MONOPOLY, which I seriously doubt.

And if refering to performance parts or EVO parts , those too are available to everyone.
iceman91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2009, 17:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Wont be able to get a Dyno reading here for sure, its a AWD which the Dyno in Mumbai cannot handle. It is meant to dyno only 2 wheel drive cars. Dyno figures after the swap would be a grey area.
could disconnect the rear drive and dyno it. But since its a stock engine..not worth the effort.
Old 8th May 2009, 18:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
When some makes a car with me,i do give them a used car/engine/everything.
To give credit where it is due... I have never spoken to Karan and he surely does not know me personally. But when we had issues with the 6A12 MIVEC lancer (the STAR... in T-BHP, now undergoing the ICE treatment), he had offered to send the original ECU free of cost. Mind it, we were not the original customers that had worked with Karan, not even close to that.

He had also sent the complete instrument cluster from the FTO (again, free of cost) to us when we wanted to check if we could get the RPM gauge working.

Karan, that says a lot about your professional ethics. Keep up the good work!

I have heard good things about your Evo project car too. Way to go Sir!
Old 11th May 2009, 09:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

that's a lovely lancer. does this have ABS or anything of that sort? how's braking improved?
Old 14th May 2009, 18:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
that's a lovely lancer. does this have ABS or anything of that sort? how's braking improved?
The evo conversion includes brake conversion too. Note that there are five lug nuts for the wheels instead of four.
Old 26th May 2009, 22:12   #57
BHPian

Hello Lancer,
The mileage is about 6-8.Hot driving or city,doesnt really matter to the evos
The total cost include,engine,drivetrain,suspension,brakes,a/c,a/c controls,wheels,instrument cluster,ABS/AYC in most cars,MOMO steering wheels,fuel tank...everything.
Yes all 4 disc.The evo 5 and 6 have Brembo,but the evo 4 is regualr mistubishi brakes

Karan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer.ized View Post
i know i'm asking a stupid question here can it be used on a daily basis and what would be the mileage under normal riding conditions ???

This is a 4G63T 2000cc AWD so the 11lakhs includes the car ,rear cradle, transmission, suspension, paint and all ??? are the brakes stock ??? and do all wheels have disk brakes ???

Ps: would love it if we could see the pics of the interiors too
Old 26th May 2009, 22:18   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
you can upgrade to steel braided line,and/or new slotted and drilled rotors and pads.When some comes to me then i will give him an option of different brakes and rotor combinations.

The what do when i had over the keys the owner,i give him new brake pads and resurface the rotors,if within spec.

A lot of combination are availabe as there are quite a few evos running around in the country.Some one with brenbo wants to upgrade to D2 or AP,he will sell his old working brake set.

Karan
Old 26th May 2009, 23:19   #59
BHPian

@Karan - does the cost incliude a new lancer or an old one

Any plans of opening a branch in bangy - i am sure there can be a steady stream of prospective customers in bangy
Old 22nd June 2009, 03:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

I remember seeing a nice green(or grey) Lancer at your workshop with white five spoke rims and a Marathi numberplate (I think). I loved the way she looked. Is she an Evo too?

Most Viewed