Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 12:21   #16
BHPian

Updated Confirmed list

1) Jeevan & Neetu
2) Braj
3) v1p3r
4) sushrutha (?? yet to get the e-mail address)
5) Muralisk (?? yet to get the e-mail address)
6) Raaj K S
7) Rageraver
8) Andro
9) Prashanth
10) Naveen
Old 1st June 2009, 11:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Raaj, I doubt my presence as I might be out of town...
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:57   #18
BHPian

Updated Confirmed list

1) Jeevan & Neetu
2) Braj
3) v1p3r
4) Shreyas
5) Muralisk (?? yet to get the e-mail address)
6) Raaj K S
7) Rageraver
8) Andro
9) Ash_blore
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:58   #19
BHPian

what is the timing of the invitation? Are we all meeting somewhere before? please update.
Old 6th June 2009, 14:45   #20
Team-BHP Support

Just back from the event. It was a Meguiars event whose products are different from the 3M ones.

It was worth it. A very well organised event at the UB city parking lot. They were ready to demonstrate their products on any of our cars.

Ajmat tried out the trim detailer which brings back the matt black look on all plastic bits. On his RS the bumper trims, the side mirror trims and the bonnet plastic trims. They don't give that shiny oily effect. Matt black and not sticky/oily.

I tried out the techwax as well as the clay kit and my bonnet is now like a mirror.

Rudra tried out the rubbing compound along with some heavy duty stuff to get rid of the swirl marks and whitish haze on his bonnet. I couldn't see the outcome but the results mid way were very good.

The products are very easy to apply and don't need too much of hard work unlike other polishes. You don't have to keep rubbing till your hand falls off. The entire bonnet clying, waxing and detailing took 10mins. Just gentle wiping.

The products are not yet launched and this was just a launch promo but they look very promising. Can't wait to try these on my car when they are launched.

Jaggu, Psycho, Ajmat, Rudra and myself were present along with some other BHPians who came later.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th June 2009 at 14:54.
Old 6th June 2009, 15:18   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Rudra tried out the rubbing compound along with some heavy duty stuff to get rid of the swirl marks and whitish haze on his bonnet. I couldn't see the outcome but the results mid way were very good.
Not only bonnet but whole body has that haze. Going through my old papers and found last time my car got a 3M treatment was 2005 January. I'll do it again after my service next week. Bonnet's deep black is sticking out like a soar thumb now.

Meguiar's guys are strongly recommending getting 3M jobs done from Sundaram after service. Only issue there is additional 1500 - 1600/- more as their commission.

Meguiar's products look good. Expect a premium price for those. I suggested for their own setup where they can manage three to four cars at a time.

Didn't get the idea of giving Gillette shaving foam and Old Spice body wipe as gift though.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th June 2009 at 15:20.
Old 6th June 2009, 19:01   #22
Team-BHP Support

What I liked about the product was unlike Formula1 or 3M you don't have to rub it hard. It's easy to polish the car than a painful hand aching chore. Cane be done quickly with similar results as the 3M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Didn't get the idea of giving Gillette shaving foam and Old Spice body wipe as gift though.
I know!!! Atleast they could have given a free Meguiars polish small can or the trim cleaner. That would be more appropriate.
Old 6th June 2009, 19:14   #23
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just back from the event.
vid,

For how long is this on? I wanted to come there but have been under the weather with a severe bout of allergic rhinitis

Cheers,
gpa
Old 6th June 2009, 19:17   #24
Team-BHP Support

Just for today. This was just a promo event. A road show basically. Meguiars isn't officially available and this was like a market research to gauge the response and bring awareness of the brand.

It will be available only after a few months I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
At the Mumbai auto show, there was a Meguiars stall. They were selling stuff, full catalogue. Their setup was somewhere in Santacruz, I think.

That was before 3M bought over Meguiars. I think they are starting from scratch now using the 3M experience over so many years.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th June 2009 at 19:25.
Old 6th June 2009, 19:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just for today. This was just a promo event. A road show basically. Meguiars isn't officially available and this was like a market research to gauge the response and bring awareness of the brand.

It will be available only after a few months I think.
At the Mumbai auto show, there was a Meguiars stall. They were selling stuff, full catalogue. Their setup was somewhere in Santacruz, I think.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:13   #26
BHPian

I think Meguiars are already here in India officially,here is the link for various dealers Meguiar's India
Old 8th June 2009, 11:01   #27
BHPian

They waxed, polished my bonnet and now it looks like a new bonnet.
even i was surprised to see a shaving foam as a gift.

Last edited by brraj : 8th June 2009 at 11:15.
Old 14th July 2009, 13:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajmat tried out the trim detailer which brings back the matt black look on all plastic bits. On his RS the bumper trims, the side mirror trims and the bonnet plastic trims. They don't give that shiny oily effect. Matt black and not sticky/oily.
for those of you who want this, but cant plump the cash, try black shoe polish. remember to polish it well, else it will come off

Did wonders to the tired and faded looking black trim on my car (ORVM's , rub rails)

Most Viewed