Team-BHP - Diesel Tuning Box for Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT 140 PS-BHP / 320 Nm by CHIP Express™
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Diesel Tuning Box for Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT 140 PS-BHP / 320 Nm by CHIP Express™ (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/59640-diesel-tuning-box-tata-safari-dicor-2-2-vtt-140-ps-bhp-320-nm-chip-express.html)

Diesel Tuning Box for Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT 140 PS-BHP / 320 Nm by CHIP Express™

Looking to improve the power, economy or drivability of your Tata Safari Dicor? The CHIP Express™ tuning system is without doubt the most advanced plug-in diesel upgrade available! It works in harmony with your engine, retaining all safety functions without needing to interfere with the vehicles existing on-board computer. It can be self fitted in minutes, adjusted for more performance and removed without trace. It will free your 2.2 VTT from its manufactures limits, letting you decide how to drive! [COLOR=#B10000]Now with a 14 day money back guarantee and a 3 year product warranty![/COLOR] Order your fully digital tuning box online today!

Any one with any experience with it?

Why do you want to void warranty on your vehicle? If warranty is void any part failures will cost you many many thousands, and lot of peace of mind

you havnt got your hands on the Safari yet and you want to install a chip.

My advice would be to do a proper run in of the vehicle and then at least drive it for 10k kms and see for yourself whether you needs a tuning box or not ?

And i dont think somebody on team-bhp used a tuning box for 2.2, though there were a couple of guys who tried tuning boxes on their 3.0

everybody seems to be happy with the power of 2.2 VTT in stock form.

For 30,500 Rs, its beautiful.

But you need better brakes and shoes as mandatory. Would have bought it for the terror factor multiplication; sad that Vit M is a big issue.

I am not looking for it immediate term, but firming up my plan as to what all I would like to do :)

And power gain would be great !

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1328221)
Why do you want to void warranty on your vehicle? If warranty is void any part failures will cost you many many thousands, and lot of peace of mind

Not looking for voiding the warranty..seems its plug and play.

BTW OT - I followed your posts in great detail, could you post your mods like sunfilm etc, how much did they cost and where to get them done

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 (Post 1328347)
Not looking for voiding the warranty..seems its plug and play.

BTW OT - I followed your posts in great detail, could you post your mods like sunfilm etc, how much did they cost and where to get them done

Thanks

Its not really plug and play. It can damage stuff, and TML guys will find out about this. If they do, your warranty has full chance of going "kaput".

As for mods.. I don't have any mods on the car except for the bull bar, fogs and seat covers.
Full details on my ownership thread

first make sure the safari is not a lemon. Get it running reliably. We can think about the mods afterwards :D

Ther was something wrong happened to the 3L of Steeroid....There was a crack in cylinder lining...if I recollect it right, the temperature also used to be above average. Though it did increase the performance and power but Steeroid did face some issues.

Though it was not proved that This Tuning box was the reason for it, it wasn't proved otherwise as well....

was not sure if the risk was worth...so I thought not to go ahead for it for my 3L,

Steeroid...can you please give your comments here...

Rajeev

I don't understand how this product could be properly tested by the manufacturer, they are a UK company and the Safari Dicor 2.2 or 3.0 has never been launched there, only TCIC VX spec imports are available last time I checked, which was maybe 3/4 months back.

Stefan

I have dropped them an email, to figure how did they test the kit. Hoping to hear back from them soon i.e. if they have a genuine product.

Thanks

Quick email received..not sure if they gave any information.

"Vivek,

All engine variants are dyno'd and emission checked, they are also tested under every day driving conditions prior to any upgrades being released.

Kind regards,

Peter @ ChipExpress.com"

btw vivek, not to make you paranoid, but your complaint was recieved via team bhp right ?

which means tata officials are reading this thread right?

so this info can and may be used against you at a later date to deny a warranty claim if you actually decide to use it , and post the same

You have got to do a LOT more research on the internet by way of customer reviews and feedback before trusting something like this...unless you're getting paid handsomely for being the guinea pig ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1328800)
btw vivek, not to make you paranoid, but your complaint was recieved via team bhp right ?

which means tata officials are reading this thread right?

so this info can and may be used against you at a later date to deny a warranty claim if you actually decide to use it , and post the same

Good one mate, you put smile on my face ! yes, indeed I need to be careful but as I said I am not looking at this as immediate action item. Perhaps having some feedback across the community would help me make the decision..i.e. when I am ready :)