Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 21:09   #1
BHPian

Need suggestions to modify Honda Civic 1.8V MT

salutations to respected members,please help me in modifying my civic and there is NO limited budget.

my priorities are
1.A very high end,advanced and the best ICE
2.Navigation systems
3.tire pressure monitoring systems on board
4.body kits
5.dash board changes/speedometers etc etc
6.audio/video controls on the steering wheel
7.vibrant cat resonators
8.upsizing tyres (stock : 195 65 R 15)

dont want any modifications in my engine,it will disturb honda's warranty and my dealer pride honda is a lame head .

please give all possible modifications to my civic.EVERY MODIFICATION possible.My car should look attractive on hyderabad roads and hyderabadi members please give me professional and famous accessory shop and mechanics who can do the installations for me.thanks in advance
BmwAddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2009, 22:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
NO limited budget.

You just made the wrong statement man.haha.I don't know about the other sections but in the Audio segment you're just gonna be owned.lol.

So your budget is unlimited.so are you ready to buy

1.Amp worth 2.5 lakhs or maybe 5 lakhs or maybe even 10-15 lakhs.(i think the ice experts will fill you in with the names and even more expensive brands)
2.HU's worth lakhs.
3.If its a no budget thing then its gotta be Dynaudio.Esotar i think.hehehe.worth a couple of lakhs atleast.
4.sub-maybe a plutonium worth a lakh.lol.

And this is just a list made of my small knowledge.Let the ICE experts see this i'm sure they'll bring the total cost of your audio system to a crore.

Don't be offended though dude all i'm saying is that a lot of people came here thinking that they had no budget limits.But they were all, well OWNED.

Oh yes by the way since you're in hydrabad don't look any further than MAUTO there for the wheels.Official Rays wheels importer.the best engineered wheels in the whole world.and one of the most expensive too.Your car will be the "CAR" with the Rays.the name RAYS says it all.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 2nd June 2009 at 22:34.
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Don't be offended though dude all i'm saying is that a lot of people came here thinking that they had no budget limits.But they were all, well OWNED
indeed OWNED

budget is 25 lakhs.

and what are the upsizing dimensions for civic with 18" rims

this movie fast and furious.There's a scene where that guy hooks up a computer to his car and checks the engine or some thing in the car.is it possible to do the same with my car.forgot to add,camera,camera's to the car also is one of my priority.Best security system also,i don't my car to be a dream theft for the thieves.

help me !

civic gives a less mileage,even less power.

modifications should be in tolerable limit by the engine.no problem with mileage getting down,but modification should not crank up my engine or performance.

Note from Moderator: Back to back posts are not permitted on Team-BHP. Please make use the edit button.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd June 2009 at 08:34.
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Install a CarPC and connect a OBDII Scanner, It will give real time Air fuel ratios, Oil Temps etc!! Have a look at my civic, You can get some ideas.
Old 3rd June 2009, 00:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes manan's civic would be a good start point.in the looks and audio dept.his car rules.
Old 3rd June 2009, 08:09   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Install a CarPC and connect a OBDII Scanner, It will give real time Air fuel ratios, Oil Temps etc!! Have a look at my civic, You can get some ideas.
bhai ! carpc is a big hell.I can't do that.I will post a screenshot,then you can get what I was asking.

my I.C.E configuration:

HU: Alpine iDA-X305 x1 ( Alpine Electronics of Asia Pacific Co., Ltd. )

Amplifier: JBL A6000 GTi x2 ( JBL Car & Marine Audio 0 )

Components: JBL 660 GTi x2 ( JBL Car & Marine Audio )

Sub: JBL W15 GTi MKII x1( JBL Car & Marine Audio )

WHEELS AND TIRES:

upsize: 205/60 R 15 or 205/60 R 16 (Bridgestone Potenza-III) with 18" rims.

till now this was the design of the modification I've planned.I will start the installations from July 1st week.Correct my configurations please if they are too much and over hyped.I want to keep components in the back also,don't want to keep speakers.If that's a dumb idea correct me
Old 3rd June 2009, 08:59   #7
BHPian

I think you can do much better with a budget like that!
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
I think you can do much better with a budget like that!
Sir ! give me your gracious ideas,If it's in my budget range I will do that for sure.I've opted the high end things available in JBL and it has got proper service in India.

need more and more suggestions
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post

WHEELS AND TIRES:

upsize: 205/60 R 15 or 205/60 R 16 (Bridgestone Potenza-III) with 18" rims.
205/60 R 15 or 205/60 R 16

The numbers in bold will be the rim size required for the tires that you have mentioned and I am not sure if you get 205/60 R 18. usually the sidewall of a tire @ 18" is usually in smaller Percentage i.e. 50, 45, 40, 35 etc..

What did you exactly mean when you said you will fix it on 18" Rims?
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_know View Post
205/60 R 15 or 205/60 R 16

The numbers in bold will be the rim size required for the tires that you have mentioned and I am not sure if you get 205/60 R 18. usually the sidewall of a tire @ 18" is usually in smaller Percentage i.e. 50, 45, 40, 35 etc..

What did you exactly mean when you said you will fix it on 18" Rims?
apologies sir,was sleepy at that time.That's a mistake.

PILOT PRECEDA PP2 225/45 R17
PILOT SPORT PS2 225/45 R17
PILOT PRECEDA PP2 235/45 R17

These are my options for upsizing tires and it's michelin.which one is best out of these 3 ? which combo ? Bridgestone has no combination for 17" rims
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:28   #11
BHPian

Ok. I personally have not used these but my suggestion for a Civic would be 225/ 45 R 17 to avoid possible rub in the wheel wells. You will have to look for advice from other memebers on the specific models your looking for. I have been a faithful customer of Kumho's (I do not reside in India), these provide the ride quality I prefer without damaging my pockets.
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:22   #12
BHPian

this is the list of things I am getting for my civic 1.8v 2008.

1.Antenna
2.Bolt-over grill
3.Canards
4.Carbon fiber fender
5.*Carbob fiber hoods or fiberglass hoods
6.scoop
7.Scissor doors
8.Racing headlights
9.Underbody lights
10.Strobe lights
11.Third break lights on spoiler
12.Headers
13.HI-FLOW catalytic converter

I need a little demonstration on header,hi-flow catalytic converters and vibrants.What's their purpose.Please give me the best company of which I can get the things I've mentioned above.

Interiors

1.Seat Harbesses
2.Racing seats
3.Gear shift knobs
4.pedals
5.E-brake handles.

if i miss any thing please mention or if I am sounding too dumb in my modification,please guide me,even my budget is 25L,I don't want to waste them.I want satisfaction for my budget.

any mods to get a nice sound from the engine while driving which doesnt involve any change in the engine or disturbing my warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_know View Post
Ok. I personally have not used these but my suggestion for a Civic would be 225/ 45 R 17 to avoid possible rub in the wheel wells.
Sir,will that combo be a nice one for racing drive or fast speeds with proper grip while braking and braking distances ?

Last edited by BmwAddict : 3rd June 2009 at 12:26.
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:54   #13
BANNED

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works. Check with the dealer before changing the wheels. Heard that Honda are finicky here.
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:17   #14
BHPian

If I'd that kind of money, I'd straight away get the best imported parts from Japan. Official Mugen parts (expensive but within your budget) will probably not affect warranty.

If not original, try to get a replica Mugen or TypeR body kit and wheels from reputed brands like OZ, Enkei etc. with good set of tyres. That's enough for the looks.

And please don't go overboard and make your car look like a rice-rocket with bits which make the car 'look fast' but all the weight will make it slower than stock. Scoops, scissor doors, strobes are useless bling-bling stuff on a Civic. At best, you can get those projector headlamps with angel eyes. Excessively big wheels with low profile tyres will affect ride quality and suspension in the long run.

You can't make custom headers for a Civic, atleast in India, because they are integrated with the engine.

Check out the 'Modded Honda Civics Thread' for ideas.

Check out sites like 8thcivic.com and import tuner, to get better ideas.
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
If I'd that kind of money, I'd straight away get the best imported parts from Japan. Official Mugen parts (expensive but within your budget) will probably not affect warranty.

If not original, try to get a replica Mugen or TypeR body kit and wheels from reputed brands like OZ, Enkei etc. with good set of tyres. That's enough for the looks.

And please don't go overboard and make your car look like a rice-rocket with bits which make the car 'look fast' but all the weight will make it slower than stock. Scoops, scissor doors, strobes are useless bling-bling stuff on a Civic. At best, you can get those projector headlamps with angel eyes. Excessively big wheels with low profile tyres will affect ride quality and suspension in the long run.

You can't make custom headers for a Civic, atleast in India, because they are integrated with the engine.

Check out the 'Modded Honda Civics Thread' for ideas.

Check out sites like 8thcivic.com and import tuner, to get better ideas.
special thanks to you sir.I will go through those sites once.
what's the meaning of the sentence I kept in bold letter case

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks