Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 09:12   #61
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers by Auto Form India

Anybody knows a good seat cover, steering cover fitment stockist in Pune for Honda City? There is an art leather Autoform seat cover for 7500 with fitment at Bhandari on JM Road. Is there another shop where one can look?
Old 5th November 2012, 12:49   #62
BHPian

After having fitted autoform seat covers on four of my friends cars recently, a few feedback I have noticed on all.

1) The fittings on the head rest on most autoform models are not as great as some of the other brands. For one of my friends verito, asked them to change it as it got torn

2) Now autoform has introduced leather option as well

3) Autoforms (for Veritos): a) There is autoform metallic badge that is not placed right and hangs out at a odd location. b) The cover for the lower part of the seat does not cover the seat entirely. Some sections of the fabric near the seat inclination adjuster lever are visible.

4) They have stopped offering the perforation option U-Pass model which was very good for a contact areas to make them sweat free.

Last edited by Sridhar K : 5th November 2012 at 12:51.
Old 5th November 2012, 14:11   #63
BHPian

My brother recently got these ready art leather seat covers from a dealer in Nagpur for his XUV500 (W6) for about 12K (including fitting).

- I found the quality of material to be rough.

- Noticed the fitting on head-rests and seats to be quite loose and having wrinkles

The fitting matters a lot in any type of seat covers, as overall finish is determined by a large extent based on quality of fitting.

I would anyday prefer a custom made and fitted seat covers from a reputed shop in the city.
Old 17th December 2012, 01:27   #64
BHPian

Got AuotForm genuine leather seat covers fitted for Polo, cost me a mini fortune, but seems totally worth it as of now.

The soft and plush feel of the leather really works for me. The all black leather adds a new character to the car.

It took about 4 hours for the work done on the car, I bought and got them fitted through a local car accessory vendor who has AutoForm dealership.
The workmanship is commendable, and I'm happy with wrinkle free fit, esp on the headrests which usually appear shabbily done for most cars donning aftermarket covers.

P.S There is a slight smell of the new leather, but is nowhere as bad as PU/PVC cover smell.

Will post the pics soon.
Old 17th December 2012, 13:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new covers, do post pictures. And hey, could you also share the final prices & the place from where you got them installed; was wondering of checking the covers out in physical at that shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
Got AuotForm genuine leather seat covers fitted for Polo, cost me a mini fortune, but seems totally worth it as of now.

The soft and plush feel of the leather really works for me. The all black leather adds a new character to the car.

It took about 4 hours for the work done on the car, I bought and got them fitted through a local car accessory vendor who has AutoForm dealership.
The workmanship is commendable, and I'm happy with wrinkle free fit, esp on the headrests which usually appear shabbily done for most cars donning aftermarket covers.

P.S There is a slight smell of the new leather, but is nowhere as bad as PU/PVC cover smell.

Will post the pics soon.
Old 17th December 2012, 14:49   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
After having fitted autoform seat covers on four of my friends cars recently, a few feedback I have noticed on all.

1) The fittings on the head rest on most autoform models are not as great as some of the other brands. For one of my friends verito, asked them to change it as it got torn

2) Now autoform has introduced leather option as well

3) Autoforms (for Veritos): a) There is autoform metallic badge that is not placed right and hangs out at a odd location. b) The cover for the lower part of the seat does not cover the seat entirely. Some sections of the fabric near the seat inclination adjuster lever are visible.

4) They have stopped offering the perforation option U-Pass model which was very good for a contact areas to make them sweat free.

I have been using an autoform art leather cover (infact Upass) for 3 years. They usually have slip on type and a body fit type models. Slip ons are cheap and dont last longer but the body fit types have a wiring hrness that goes below the seat covers and they are stitched to the original cover.
They are pretty neat and hold very tight. They look just the same after 3 years of everyday use with once in a six month's cleaning and some polishing with leather polish.
Old 22nd December 2012, 14:18   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Will post the pics soon.
Sorry for the delay, here are the pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Congratulations on the new covers, do post pictures. And hey, could you also share the final prices & the place from where you got them installed; was wondering of checking the covers out in physical at that shop.
20.5k INR (net, inclusive fitting)

Car Gallery
Prashant Vihar market, opposite Sports Complex,
Rohini, Sector-14
Delhi-85
+91-9910670521

Here are the pics...

The top riff line has been sewn into the original seat contour.
Seat Covers by Auto Form India-dsc_0004.jpg

Very pleased with the finish of the headrest, tbh I was most scared about it's quality, having seen many shabby jobs for the same. No seam line visible.
Seat Covers by Auto Form India-dsc_0005.jpg

Backseats, great fit there as well.
Seat Covers by Auto Form India-dsc_0006.jpg

Pardon me for the image noise, the phone cam doesn't like too much daylight.
Seat Covers by Auto Form India-dsc_0007_2.jpg

The fitting is done well, no hanging side skirts, notice that the back is closed in with a zipper from bothsides, but it isn't very noticeable.
Seat Covers by Auto Form India-dsc_0014.jpg

Front buckets feel very good now, original seats of Polo are a tad too wide, with leather they feel more cozy and soft as well.
Seat Covers by Auto Form India-dsc_0008.jpg

I think black works well for the Polo better than biege imho, it's the primary color in the cockpit.
Note: The original(OEM) Polo leather trims on steering and gear knobs seem to have an excellent leather smooth and durable, not as soft as seat, a good thing I guess.
Seat Covers by Auto Form India-dsc_0010_2.jpg

Just the door handles are left with the stock black cloth on it, I didn't go for the leather work on them as there was very less to be changed in Polo, but the company cost is standard 2.5k, also I am a bit concerned about it getting exposed to water a lot in monsoons. So cloth seems better left there.

Given the black color I have to cleanup the leather more frequently, dust shows very promptly on black

Last edited by envy : 22nd December 2012 at 14:24.
envy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 21:50   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...20.5k INR (net, inclusive fitting)...Given the black color I have to cleanup the leather more frequently, dust shows very promptly on black
Brilliantly done seat covers! Looks stunning. I could really "feel" the premiumn'ess of the covers in the pics. I say it's totally worth the dough!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 17:07   #69
BHPian

Quote:

20.5k INR (net, inclusive fitting)

Here are the pics...

The top riff line has been sewn into the original seat contour.

Very pleased with the finish of the headrest, tbh I was most scared about it's quality, having seen many shabby jobs for the same. No seam line visible.

Backseats, great fit there as well.

Pardon me for the image noise, the phone cam doesn't like too much daylight.

The fitting is done well, no hanging side skirts, notice that the back is closed in with a zipper from bothsides, but it isn't very noticeable.

Front buckets feel very good now, original seats of Polo are a tad too wide, with leather they feel more cozy and soft as well.

I think black works well for the Polo better than biege imho, it's the primary color in the cockpit.

Given the black color I have to cleanup the leather more frequently, dust shows very promptly on black
Been struggling to decide on options and colors. Biggest concern is fit. Can you elaborate on process. Presuming they ripped off original fabric and put this on. I notice the seats puffed up a lot, which could be due to additional foam put in covers. Could you specify the density or is standard. The fit of headrest is much better due to lack of additional padding there. I identified a guy in rk puram who advertised in autocarindia. Visited his factory too, his rates are similar. Need to decide between autoform and this guy. Did you have options on color too.
Old 24th February 2013, 17:39   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post

Can you elaborate on process. Presuming they ripped off original fabric and put this on. I notice the seats puffed up a lot, which could be due to additional foam put in covers. Could you specify the density or is standard. The fit of headrest is much better due to lack of additional padding there.Did you have options on color too.
They remove the fabric only from the front, they basically want to fit the seam of the leather covers into the original seam, that is the lines that you see where the fabric is sewn into it.

The covers themselves have a thin layer of foam behind them, the more tightly and deeply they crimp these covers using metal clips, the better the fit, and that gives the puffed look you are referring to.

They didn't take out the fabric of the head rest.

I think there were only two color options as per the car, beige and black.
envy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 15:49   #71
BHPian

How about this:

Name:  image1449575172.png
Views: 29329
Size:  730.3 KB

Name:  image576846738.png
Views: 29153
Size:  742.1 KB
Old 7th March 2013, 00:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

Man, it looks like you have tomatoes in place of seats

Hope you didn't mind but it really looks like red is your colour. But let me just say that the fitting looks good. What model is this & how much did they cost you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Old 7th March 2013, 09:05   #73
BHPian

Hello All

I got my seat covers fitted from Auto Craft India some months ago , they are located in rama industrial area new delhi . Below are some snap of the seat covers , hope you all like it .
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers by Auto Form India-522729_10151530575990002_737296538_n.jpg  

Seat Covers by Auto Form India-576553_333014836758628_1879140529_n.jpg  

Seat Covers by Auto Form India-578322_333015330091912_309321346_n.jpg  

Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 12:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello All

I got my seat covers fitted from Auto Craft India some months ago , they are located in rama industrial area new delhi . Below are some snap of the seat covers , hope you all like it .
Looking slick, nice fit and the white threading looks neat.

What material is this? How much did it cost?
Old 10th March 2013, 23:43   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
Man, it looks like you have tomatoes in place of seats

Hope you didn't mind but it really looks like red is your colour. But let me just say that the fitting looks good. What model is this & how much did they cost you?
He he. I know man. Got an overdose of red. Should have gone the other way around and kept most of the portion as beige instead of red. But I was shrugging away from beige because of the fear of them getting dirty soon. But know I think they look good. Kinda grows on you. The fitting is really cool and snug. Got the whole package for around 7500/-. Don't remember the model, but it was one above the base leather of autoform.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks