Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 00:51   #1
BHPian

Any Dynos in Delhi?

I used to drive a lot in Ladakh and was always frustrated by the altitude effects. I am looking to turbocharging a gypsy with a funky boost control that ensures a steady 20psi manifold pressure (5.3psi above ambient sea level pressure), almost all across the rev band and any altitude between sea level and 18,000 ft. I am not after huge horsepower. I want modestly more power than sea level but available at any altitude.

To do it right, I will need a dyno.

Does anybody know of any dynos in delhi?
Old 6th June 2009, 02:22   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I used to drive a lot in Ladakh and was always frustrated by the altitude effects. I am looking to turbocharging a gypsy with a funky boost control that ensures a steady 20psi manifold pressure (5.3psi above ambient sea level pressure), almost all across the rev band and any altitude between sea level and 18,000 ft. I am not after huge horsepower. I want modestly more power than sea level but available at any altitude.

To do it right, I will need a dyno.

Does anybody know of any dynos in delhi?
Don't think there are any dynos up north, at least for public use. Autopsyche and maybe Navpreet should be able to clarify this. Unless you're talking bout 'seat of the pants' dyno which tuners like Nivit Bhasin use to advertise nitrous (dry, wet, gel- no one knows) Swifts putting 150bhp (God I just realised, it must be an engine dyno)

On a serious note- for your purpose- I would suggest trying something else. Instead of turbocharging, which I incidentally hope, you are well-versed with incase you are executing it in Delhi and expecting it to be reliable in application as demanding as yours.

Try going with a Baleno block with some purpose engine/drivetrain mods with engine management, it will give you far greater reliability and remote service capability compared to a turbo setup. That said, one just can't beat artificial aspiration especially whille combating altitude compared to a larger NA motor.

The top guys in the Raid- Suresh Rana, Sunny Sidhu, Sandeep Sharma etc use 1.6-litre engines, in fact there are so many of them that a special category has been instated for Gypsys with 1.6 (the top T1 being divided into T1 upto 1600 and T1 upto 1300). All of them have sworn off turbocharging for reliability reasons, for instance, Sunny blew his turbo hose and dropped out of the Raid on the first day as a result. But then, it was a shoddy, jugaad job- leaking wastegate et. al so it isn't a a benchmark by a long shot.

I hope you do it the right way and prove that turbo-torque rules.

Last edited by doomsday : 6th June 2009 at 02:27.
Old 6th June 2009, 08:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

You can achieve your goals without using a dyno.
Old 6th June 2009, 14:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

No dynos in Delhi or anywhere near North India, for public use, Though there are some though, Location cannot be disclosed here, And the one I have seen or heard about is a proper DYNO on which tuning is possible.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Though there are some though, Location cannot be disclosed here, And the one I have seen or heard about is a proper DYNO on which tuning is possible.
Why mention it, if you cant disclose the location?
Old 8th June 2009, 17:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Why mention it, if you cant disclose the location?
No Harm in giving some information??? I am bind by the rules hence I cant disclose it.
Old 8th June 2009, 20:25   #7
Team-BHP Support

Harbir,

Check out this related thread / post. It is a speculation - but might be worth following up on : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post444202

cya
R

Most Viewed