Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:00   #346
BHPian

Tein suspension upgrade

Had my suspensions upgraded to the Tein. It is just perfect for the desi roads and costs a BOMB...
Attached Thumbnails
My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00220201102211143.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00221201102211231.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2011, 12:17   #347
BHPian

Ultra racing braces loaded..

Had the complete set of Ultra racing suzuki swift specific racing braces for stability and comfort on my swifty.
Great stuff to get the ultimate driving pleasures and the drive now behaves much better with the turbo power. The bars are holding all the end points together pretty well.
Concerns: The front and rear lower arm bars have been giveing me some bit of worries keeping in mind the "mountain speed breakers" on our roads. I have done the spring adjustments a bit more to take care of this issue. Still unpredictable the way our roads are designed.
With the tein suspension and the racing braces uploaded I can feel a complete change over on the drive conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00223201102211524.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00224201102211524.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00225201102211525.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00228201102211618.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00229201102211718.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00230201102211731.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00231201102211915.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2011, 12:27   #348
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"

Loads of stuff in there!!

Is there any shield to protect the underside of the engine and pipes?

With so much investment in the engine bay, a protective cover to protect the pipes and stuff should be a must!

Whats the white rod between the rear wheels?

btw great upgrades!!

That swift detailed, would look super awesome!!

Last edited by sohail99 : 22nd February 2011 at 12:43.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:42   #349
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd February 2011 at 19:05.
Anandg is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:54   #350
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ultra racing braces loaded..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Concerns: The front and rear lower arm bars have been giveing me some bit of worries keeping in mind the "mountain speed breakers" on our roads. I have done the spring adjustments a bit more to take care of this issue.
LOL. How would adjusting springs in any way affect the bars that are mounted at the bottom of the car?
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:48   #351
Team-BHP Support

Lol Pranav.

Sportsmind - Congrats buddy, now your swift will handle very well. I wish you had done the teins first and then the braces to see how much each actually helped. How is the ride with teins compared to stock?
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:50   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
LOL. How would adjusting springs in any way affect the bars that are mounted at the bottom of the car?
Atleast I should get some additional road clearence through the height adjustments options available on these suspensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Lol Pranav.

Sportsmind - Congrats buddy, now your swift will handle very well. I wish you had done the teins first and then the braces to see how much each actually helped. How is the ride with teins compared to stock?
Thanks buddy. It is handling pretty well. I too wanted to have this done in two stages was a bit lazy taking the drive all over again just for the braces. Over all with both these on, I am enjoying the feel inside the cockpit.
Tein in comparison with stock, no where close to it. These suspensions have been reserched by the Japs to match Indian conditions after lot of research, so they betta be good when you shell 60k on the basic model and 85K on the super street models.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd February 2011 at 22:13. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:26   #353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Atleast I should get some additional road clearence through the height adjustments options available on these suspensions.
But the bar is at the bottom of your springs, so adjusting the spring for ride height will have no effect on the clearance of the bar.

Quote:
Thanks buddy. It is handling pretty well. I too wanted to have this done in two stages was a bit lazy taking the drive all over again just for the braces. Over all with both these on, I am enjoying the feel inside the cockpit.
Tein in comparison with stock, no where close to it. These suspensions have been reserched by the Japs to match Indian conditions after lot of research, so they betta be good when you shell 60k on the basic model and 85K on the super street models.
Good to know. But I asked you about the ride Is it any stiffer than stock? Or even slightly more uncomfortable? Secondly, I highly doubt Tein has really researched Indian conditions.
Old 22nd February 2011, 21:24   #354
BHPian

@Sportsmind: Oh my God, you are a true car lover, when I started viewing this thread I was not sure that modifications are going on since 2009 till today, but BOSS Hats off to you, I have spoiled my 3 hours of sleep.. errr ... not spoiled but gained much knowledge from your experience (sorry as earlier I was thinking of spoiling, but with every page my views changed), have lot of questions, will review this thread again and then ask you. Great Buddy Keep It Up. Nice, Awesome, Great, Wonderful etc. etc. etc.
Old 22nd February 2011, 21:30   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol Pranav.

My TC Swift is running TIEN suspension & it is more than adequate to handle the power. One can if one wants - take insane & unthinkable turns & stay glued to the road.

Posted from a user prospective

Cheerzzzzz
Old 23rd February 2011, 01:37   #356
BHPian

Re: 60 SMD-Cabin light upgrade

Quote:
Cabin light upgraded to a suzuki swift specific 60 white SMD setup. Good stuff for guys who link that extra Bling inside the cabin.
Where do you get this in Bangalore & How much? Want for my swift . I have only seen ones with 6 leds . Does this replace the cabin light?
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:02   #357
BHPian

Re: 60 SMD-Cabin light upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_gem View Post
Where do you get this in Bangalore & How much? Want for my swift . I have only seen ones with 6 leds . Does this replace the cabin light?
havent seen these in India. I got it from Taiwan for 35USD. This is a plug into the stock cabin light of the swift.

Last edited by Sportsmind : 23rd February 2011 at 08:03.
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:12   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
My TC Swift is running TIEN suspension & it is more than adequate to handle the power. One can if one wants - take insane & unthinkable turns & stay glued to the road.
Posted from a user prospective
Cheerzzzzz
Quote:
But the bar is at the bottom of your springs, so adjusting the spring for ride height will have no effect on the clearance of the bar.
Good to know. But I asked you about the ride Is it any stiffer than stock? Or even slightly more uncomfortable? Secondly, I highly doubt Tein has really researched Indian conditions.
Well I could have been a bit dumb as far as the clearence issue of the bars were concerned. Anyways these racing braces comes with a lifetime warranty some bit of relief. Trust me they change the dynamics of your drive.
On Tein I go with Ricky these are just great stuff to have on your drive. I fell in love with the feel and the comfort when I did a test drive on Mr. leela's swift. This prompted me to just go for it. On the Jap's research bit of getting these suspension kits tuned to desi road conditions well it could be marketing points for RRR. All in all get to have these stuff on my swifty.
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:20   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiontodrive View Post
@Sportsmind: Oh my God, you are a true car lover, when I started viewing this thread I was not sure that modifications are going on since 2009 till today, but BOSS Hats off to you, I have spoiled my 3 hours of sleep.. errr ... not spoiled but gained much knowledge from your experience (sorry as earlier I was thinking of spoiling, but with every page my views changed), have lot of questions, will review this thread again and then ask you. Great Buddy Keep It Up. Nice, Awesome, Great, Wonderful etc. etc. etc.
Thanks dude for the . Its two sides of the coin as far as my swifty goes. The Bling side and the performace side and ofcourse there is plenty of poison in the international market as far as swift is concerned.
Most of the questions on the stuffs loaded has been discussed on the thread if anything specific do let me know will be glad to provide you details of the "Poison shops".
Old 11th May 2011, 12:35   #360
BHPian

"Sports Mind"- Upgraded cockpit view

Been busy for a month but in between had my latest gizmo loaded into the cockpit. You cannot be behind as far as technology goes. This is my latest ICE conversion "Apple ipad with car seat mount".
Oh yes the drive is also now a Wi-Fi enabled fella. Runs on a portable 3G/2G router and I use an MTS 3.1 device.
Excuse the image quality as it was taken on my cell phone. I am awaiting a component AV cable to complete this project and shall have a video done on the same.
Attached Thumbnails
My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00261201105102014.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-img00259201105102013.jpg  

Last edited by Sportsmind : 11th May 2011 at 12:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks