Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 15:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Modified vehicles in Amby Valley

(Though there are a few threads on Amby Valley itself, I found none containing these vehicles. So here goes

Well, this extended weekend I was in Amby (now called Aamby) Valley for an official conference. They use quite a few modified vehicles which do runabout duty within the city. Most interesting are a couple of stretched Toyota Qualis vehicles, with 4 rows of seats and fibreglass bodies. Front seats are conventional buckets, while rear seats each hold 3 abreast comfortably. Thanks to fibreglass all around, the visibility is fantastic. The vehicles are also equipped with some kind of anti-slip technology, which ensures that it will never roll backwards even when negotiating a steep climb with a full load.

The modifications are done by DC.

My most memorable ride is on the front seat of the open qualis. Amby has fantastic winding roads, and it just felt like I was in a rollercoaster as we swirled down some descent at speed!

Also took a tour in a fibreglass bodied small bus. In sweltering heat, a glass bodied bus would kill you with the greenhouse effect, right? But not this baby. The air conditioning was superb and silent. We felt no discomfort throughout the tour.Think it was a Hino. Unfortunately my camera batteries died out that morning, and could not take photos of the bus.
Attached Thumbnails
Modified vehicles in Amby Valley-amby-valley-2009-027.jpg  

Modified vehicles in Amby Valley-amby-valley-2009-029.jpg  

Modified vehicles in Amby Valley-amby-valley-2009-026.jpg  

predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2009, 15:53   #2
BHPian

Again weird looking DC car! But the it doesn't look like Qualis, rather it looks like Sonalika Rhino RX

Attached Thumbnails
Modified vehicles in Amby Valley-sonalika1.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 16th June 2009, 16:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Again weird looking DC car! But the it doesn't look like Qualis, rather it looks like Sonalika Rhino RX

You didnt need to show me those pics. I know what a Sonalika Rhino looks like. I've driven one, and later dissuaded a friend from buying one as well!

Rest assured, the vehicles are Toyota Qualis cars. The frontal treatment is only different because DC made it so. I even got the driver to open up the hood and show me the works! The dash is the stock Qualis dash as well.

One strange feature I found on these cars. The parking brake light stays on at all times. The drivers said it was not a defect, and the cars had been like this ever since they were delivered.

I have a strange feeling somone took a short cut while designing the anti-slip tech. Will choose not to delve into details though, for fear of this turning into a slandering thread.
Old 16th June 2009, 16:56   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
I have a strange feeling somone took a short cut while designing the anti-slip tech. Will choose not to delve into details though, for fear of this turning into a slandering thread.
If that was the case they could have been changing gearboxes on those everyday.

Why would it turn into a slandering thread if you tell us about it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks