Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 14:44   #16
BHPian

It's nice that you found a solution to further dampen the in-cabin noise in the Safari. Meanwhile, would like to point out to this "Value Added Service" item called "sound deadening treatment", available among the list of services offered under the Tata Gold Club program. Ref: Safari Membership Details
It costs about Rs.3,750/- and am wondering what material is being used here.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
It's nice that you found a solution to further dampen the in-cabin noise in the Safari. Meanwhile, would like to point out to this "Value Added Service" item called "sound deadening treatment", available among the list of services offered under the Tata Gold Club program. Ref: Safari Membership Details
I know about the "sound deadening treatment" available for the safari. It is 3M who does the job which is nothing but applying damping material from the engine side and on the bonnet padding. You must have seen them on 'Vista's.

I would say it is not at all worth for the money, as it will cost 3750/- and the custom method which i mentioned hardly cost 1000. Moreover the "sound deadening treatment" is not that effective as its only covers the engine bay. There can be so many other ventilations under the dash through which the sound can enter into cabin.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
i find the cabin noise of the 2.2 to be within tolerable limits. 3.0 is definitely noisy. Do you need all these mods to be really done?
It is definitely up to you whether to try this or not. I was thinking for this method for long time and did it when I got the chance. I have not got the chance to take a 3.0 for long drive, that must be the reason why I felt 2.2 as noisy.

But now I am very much happy with the bull.

Note from Mod: External tags disallowed. SIZE tags removed
Old 19th June 2009, 16:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
IIRC Tata uses Dinitrol for this treatment. But more than sound deadening, it
shines in Anti-rust properties.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks