Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 19:16   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
@2: Doesn't scrape as much as you would normally assume. Since the suspension is stiffer, it doesn't compress a lot when you get inside the car. Some of the illegal big speed bumps will scrape the car but a light foot and a bit of care around those is enough. Plus, I drive alone, so the car doesn't go lower than it is already, owing to the stiffness.

Start driving across speedbumps rather than over them- and you will do just fine. The scraping will be reduced to a large extent but don't expect to scale mountain-like humps even with this.
Old 1st July 2009, 03:00   #17
BHPian

Now with this car lowered dont you think you'll drive more consciously looking out for speed-breakers ahead so you dont run over them.

In case the car runs over an unnoticed bump what about the nose-dive effect? Will it still be felt with the stiffened shocks?

I remember my OHC once ran over a monster bump and the front just banged on the road freezing me for a moment. Didnt cause any damage though.
Old 1st July 2009, 10:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sunil, not anymore than you would on a normal OHC. The car is still a few inches over the road and it can go over speedbumps fine Have a look at it when you come to Mumbai... And my daily route contains just one large speed bump which can be taken care of by driving slowly. And it is bigger than most bumps you'd come across in Mumbai, so I consider the car safe.

Quote:
In case the car runs over an unnoticed bump what about the nose-dive effect? Will it still be felt with the stiffened shocks?
Define unnoticed. You do feel those imperfections a bit more, but the car still has damping and it will absorb them fine.

Quote:
I remember my OHC once ran over a monster bump and the front just banged on the road freezing me for a moment. Didnt cause any damage though.
Probably less of a chance with this car owing to the stiffness.

Last edited by pranavt : 1st July 2009 at 11:08.
Old 1st July 2009, 18:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Before and After pics of the ride height.
@Mods, can you attach these pics in the first post and remove the one I've attached in my 3rd post? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-diff1.jpg  

My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-diff2.jpg  

Last edited by pranavt : 1st July 2009 at 18:34.
Old 1st July 2009, 20:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Interesting bunch of mods Pranav, I haven't been able to read the thread in detail but will do so soon. Have fun!
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:55   #21
BHPian

Can see a substantial height difference indeed !!!
Here in Dubai lot of cars undergo lowering of their rides especially the local Arab teens...& when I say low means real low!! I shall get some pics of them just to have a look. Sure they must be going in for the lowering kits.
Pranav, seems your bumper sides has done some rubbing around recently, need to get them touched up.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the car needs a complete paint-job, been planning the same myself.
Old 21st July 2009, 22:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Look what I bought today!
Attached Thumbnails
My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-07212009.jpg  

Old 21st July 2009, 23:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

good going brother!!! lets "catchup" sometime
Old 21st July 2009, 23:37   #25
BHPian

More details on the Pipercorss Pranav.

And how about a review on the handling / ride / quality of the OHC after the stiffened struts and lowering springs!
Old 22nd July 2009, 01:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pranav. Car's lookin sharp.

How is the limit handling? ie.. does the car understeer 'more' or 'less' when you turn at the limit.

Also have someone drive behind you and notice if the car jiggles up and down after going over a small bump. That will tell you how the new shocks are matching up.
Old 22nd July 2009, 02:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats Pranav. Car's lookin sharp.

How is the limit handling? ie.. does the car understeer 'more' or 'less' when you turn at the limit.

Also have someone drive behind you and notice if the car jiggles up and down after going over a small bump. That will tell you how the new shocks are matching up.
Thank you! From the paltry number of hi-speed turns that I've taken, the understeer has definitely decreased. More than that though, is the reduction in body roll which definitely gives me confidence the push the car more. The bump thing was done by myself about 2 days after I had the car all aligned and it doesn't jiggle up/down more than once after a bump, and even then, by a very minute amount. I will still do this test on a flyover in Goregaon which is like one high-speed bump after another 3-4 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
More details on the Pipercorss Pranav.

And how about a review on the handling / ride / quality of the OHC after the stiffened struts and lowering springs!
^^ Above. The Pipercross filter is as big as a 12 year old's head. That's all I can say right now since it hasn't been fitted due to unavailability of the intake pipe which is getting done tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
good going brother!!! lets "catchup" sometime
Am meeting up Sunilb tomorrow, will call you
Old 22nd July 2009, 02:45   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
The only issue with shocks done locally is that thy dont last long. So please keep an eye for oil leaks and such stuff.
. Mine lasted for less than 8000 kms.
Old 22nd July 2009, 03:41   #29
BHPian

Nice to hear that it's holding up well!! Do you feel the lateral movement of the chasis flex now? I'm sure the car is way better in a straight line but not too sure about the % of improvement in cornering.

Oh Sunilb is in town.. Anxious to get a TD on your car by now is he? hehe Tell him I said 'Hi'
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
. Mine lasted for less than 8000 kms.
That's an exception rather than a rule. I've seen well executed 'local' setups that have lasted a whole lot more with constant flogging. Most run the same setups for street n strip and they don't emanate a feel akin to the struts 'just being welded together' either for daily duties.

Its a different issue if you want to track the car competitively, since the damping consistency starts going downhill after a couple hot laps at best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks