Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 03:20   #151
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just ordered Bisimoto's valvesprings. Upto 14,000 RPM of fun . Need to get the crank balanced and lighter valvetrain components. Details of anyone who does balancing of crankshafts in Mumbai?
Old 18th June 2010, 08:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Details of anyone who does balancing of crankshafts in Mumbai?
You can try contacting N1-Engineering. I got a 4K quote from them for flywheel lightening, & crankshaft grinding/balancing - this was in Jun 2008.

My flywheel was lightened by ~750 gms, it's been ~20 months since I installed the parts & I've had no issues whatsoever.
Old 18th June 2010, 08:04   #153
Senior - BHPian

Thank you. Will email them and find out.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:03   #154
Senior - BHPian

New parts incoming

Tial 38mm wastegate with 10psi spring
My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-tial2038mm.jpg

Cluster from a '01 JDM spec Integra
My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-a4c27258093bdb401033486f33876623.jpg

Precision Low-Impedance/Peak-n-Hold 1000cc injectors
My OHC VTEC - Lowered, Stiffened, FFE'd and Now with ITBs!!-dsc03576.jpg
Old 21st June 2010, 17:15   #155
Senior - BHPian

nice nice, 1000cc BIG injectors, wastegate arrived before turbo?
Old 21st June 2010, 17:41   #156
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, still sitting on the fence with regards to which turbo I should go for. Trying to find compressor maps for a few, then will decide accordingly.
Old 21st June 2010, 19:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cluster from a '01 JDM spec Integra
hi, just curious to know why did you get this cluster as the speedo reads upto 180kmph.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:09   #158
Senior - BHPian

Because the tacho goes upto 10,000 RPM. The speedo will be modified/replaced with something in its place to give a higher range of speeds. Might just get Neptune Tunerview to replace that with an all-in-one solution.
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:25   #159
BANNED

Hi Pranav,

I hope you are aware that the cluster you have is speed sesnor based whereas the engine has speedo cable.

Viper
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:41   #160
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I'm getting an electronic VSS which will replace the cable driven VSS.
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:57   #161
Senior - BHPian

Lovely thread pranavt, nice details as well, just one question though, have you done anything for the breaks as well or they are stock? Any upgrade plans?

Pramod
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:51   #162
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, appreciate the compliments . As for the brakes, haven't really given them a serious thought yet as they are adequate for now. Will most probably move to rear discs when going FI though. The engine management system that I use will probably have added some form of traction control by then, so a good portion of handling difficulty will be taken care of with that.
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:29   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, appreciate the compliments . As for the brakes, haven't really given them a serious thought yet as they are adequate for now. Will most probably move to rear discs when going FI though. The engine management system that I use will probably have added some form of traction control by then, so a good portion of handling difficulty will be taken care of with that.

Since you are considering rear disc conversion i have a question. There are two ways of getting it done.

1. Buy a conversion kit and go easy
2. Fabricate the rear disc setup.

The first option is around 956 AUD for my car and i dont think the cost is justified at all, Fabricating the rear disc from the front disc seems to be the only viable option but again hand break will be a problem, how to deal with all 4 wheels getting locked or how to deal with individual locks, I heard Viper had a rear disc conversion and later removed, i have 1000s of questions coming up but i ant sure it will be answers, and as you said earlier if it was about horns and filims i would have surly got 100s of replies.

Pramod
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:42   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Since you are considering rear disc conversion i have a question. There are two ways of getting it done.

1. Buy a conversion kit and go easy
2. Fabricate the rear disc setup.

The first option is around 956 AUD for my car and i dont think the cost is justified at all, Fabricating the rear disc from the front disc seems to be the only viable option but again hand break will be a problem, how to deal with all 4 wheels getting locked or how to deal with individual locks, I heard Viper had a rear disc conversion and later removed, i have 1000s of questions coming up but i ant sure it will be answers, and as you said earlier if it was about horns and filims i would have surly got 100s of replies.

Pramod
Haven't really looked into it, but I'm sure that I can find something suitable that bolts on directly from one of the older Civics which were sold in the US/Rest of the World. Quite a few rear-wheel disc brake conversion kits are available for the older Civics as well, which were perhaps taken from Integras and/or Type-R Civics.

Managing the brake bias should be possible but I know nothing about it yet. And I don't recall Viper removing rear discs, so it's best that he clarifies that himself since he sold the car a little while ago. Jitu does have discs on the rear wheels of his OHC, so it's just a matter of researching about it.

Your best bet is finding a used bolt-on kit from a foreign Lancer/Evo and getting it shipped here. Rotors, pads and everything can be overhauled once you have the stuff with you.

Edit: I just use these forums for just showing off my build and keeping a public log of the same as a few people are interested in it. Serious questions can be answered by checking out foreign forums where people are more likely to share their knowledge (opinions and guesses do not count) and/or have a DIY attitude. The modifications forum, for all purposes and reasons, has turned into a big joke IMO.

Last edited by pranavt : 22nd June 2010 at 15:47.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:30   #165
BANNED

Hi,
If you read the thread on my OHC it clearly mentions why I had removed the rear discs, anyways they were reinstalled a month later and were on my car till the time I sold it few months ago. I used them for nearly 2 years with no issues.

I would however suggest investing in a big brake kit for the front in FWD cars as most of the braking is up front. It makes more sense and the kits are cheaper than a rear disc conversion.

Viper

Most Viewed