Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 13:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Accent - Auto Dimming Interior Light

Hi Guys, I have a 2008 Accent GLE and have noticed that the Executive has the auto dimming interior light feature which I really like. I am interested in getting the same installed in my car.

Just want to know how to get it done?

Is this an aftermarket part, can it be a DIY and where can I get this in Gurgaon and any idea on the cost
Old 7th July 2009, 14:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Contact your Hyundai Service Centre. If it is a feature in the new accent, I am sure it would be available with your dealer. And please let me know the costs etc. sounds good.
Old 7th July 2009, 14:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hellooo Guys, Responses Please

Need you help and advice on the same
Old 7th July 2009, 14:58   #4
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Go to your dealer/H.A.S.S and he will change the light to the dimming one. Might be a high cost involved. If the part is available then you can buy it and then DIY.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

In case of the indica, the lamp assembly for the ones with the fader and without are the same. the actual dimming occurs somewhere within the electricals. The process may not be as straightforward as swapping the lamp assembly itself
Old 7th July 2009, 19:16   #6
BHPian

Hi Guys just wondering any update ?
Old 7th July 2009, 22:47   #7
BHPian

heard that there is a unit made by roots .do check with your local spares shop regd the same.I remember seeing an ad sometime back in a mag mentioning the auto dimming module.
Old 8th July 2009, 02:29   #8
BHPian

If anyone wishes to try this on own, there's a Small Light dimmer circuit which involves a power transistor and a capacitor which gradually discharges when circuit/door is closed.

there are popular circuits for D.I.Y types.
one

two (many on web confirmed this works fine)

Someone has it on Getz with L.E.D.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys

Any inputs on where I can get this done. I called up the service center yesterday (Safdarganj Hyundai) and the guys did not understand what I was talking about. Anyways they said they will call me later, which I doubt they will.

So guys, I am waiting for an answer

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 8th July 2009 at 13:20. Reason: Accidently clicked some shortcut that posted the message
Old 9th July 2009, 00:27   #10
BHPian

I am sure there should be a Light dimmer module available for some cars.But it would be expensive as compared to the Do-It-Yourself.

I'll check if i can get you details of any such module, if comes as a spare in market.

Else you can ask any electronic part/ repairer to build the circuit linked above, he'll charge you some money apart from the parts.
Old 9th July 2009, 12:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

@thedreamcatcher - The feature you're talking about is available on both the Accent Executive and the Verna SX. As GHPK pointed out, it involves a capacitator that gradually discharges when the doors are closed.

The entire assembly will have to be changed. It should be a straight fit from the executive/Verna part bin. Inform the service centre accordingly, and they should understand. But please also take into account that yours is a 2008 car. Will it not void the electricals warranty if you change the wiring assembly from stock?
Old 10th July 2009, 14:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

I guess it might void the warranty. Not sure about this. Will chekc it out with the dealership tomorrow

Any idea on the tentative cost
Old 10th July 2009, 14:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Can you give me a day's time? I'm going to the local Hyundai Service center tomorrow morning for a diesel filter change on my car. Will ask them about the change (whether its possible), warranty and price. Should be useful information for other users of this thread as well.
Old 10th July 2009, 22:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

thanks

even I am planning a vist tomorrow
Old 11th July 2009, 00:14   #15
BHPian

Hey I noticed this just two days ago and missed it so much in my Accent. Anyways I have seen the auto delay components in a Scorpio and its a relay plus some other stuff. I was quite keen on putting it in my Scorpio but from the look of it I could make out that its not simple plug and play. Since I didnt want to mess with the wiring, I just dropped the idea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks