Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 16:39   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Which 1.6 are you talking here? I would go with the 1.3, its a beautiful engine, takes loads of abuse. Internals are easily available. T20 is small.

I'd be talking of the Baleno's 1.6. I do agree that the 1.3 is a great engine, I was just wanting to get a vote on the comparison from those that may have seen or used them. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
What kind of boost are you planning to get on the 1.3? only if you are going above 12PSI you need forged internals. I have seen swifts up till 10PSI running on stock internals.

The worked NA 1.6 is always the best bet, it can be used as a daily drive without any hassles and will still be faster and reliable than a 1.3 turbo.

a fellow bhpian brought a side impact 2001 model baleno for the engine for less than a lac i guess, he took all the parts he needed and then sold the shell for 30k, and that was 2 years ago you can get a similar baleno for less than 70-80 k today and after taking the engine fuel rails and pump you can still sell the rest in scrap.

For this you should be looking at spending close to a lac including the engine and works, you will have a fast base car to work on for future mods, and as far a legality goes one can easily get the old engine number stamped on the new one, its easy on a Maruti. You will be looking at a RS killer forget the humble t jet

Pramod

Thanks for the inputs, so you think the 1.6 may be FASTER ? On a 0-100 dash or in top end speed ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Definitely the first one! You will need a t25 though .. t20 is too small
Thank - So you vote for the 1.3 ? Agreed that the T20 may be a tad smaller, would that not mean a faster spool ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
T25 is too small lol
What is that supposed to mean ? In jest or is it actually too small ??

Thanks for the inputs guys, really appreciate it.

Cheers
Old 8th October 2010, 16:54   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post

Thank - So you vote for the 1.3 ? Agreed that the T20 may be a tad smaller, would that not mean a faster spool ?
It will spool quick but will run out of steam earlier .. a LOT earlier. Kind of like driving a turbo diesel.
Old 8th October 2010, 20:56   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will spool quick but will run out of steam earlier .. a LOT earlier. Kind of like driving a turbo diesel.

So we got to go for the T-25, is what you are suggesting ? Right ? Okey Dokey..afterall you have been down this road with your Baleno.

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers
Old 9th October 2010, 00:19   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So we got to go for the T-25, is what you are suggesting ? Right ? Okey Dokey..afterall you have been down this road with your Baleno.

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers
Mines hits full boost at 4000rpm till the redline (7200rpm)

Not running the ct12 anymore .. it really was too small.
Old 9th October 2010, 12:54   #140
BHPian

Sirji , Why not a simple n/a swap? Have you Test driven the SS 1.6 swift? Plenty engine options now.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:02   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Sirji , Why not a simple n/a swap? Have you Test driven the SS 1.6 swift? Plenty engine options now.

SS=Speedsport ? Ya he had asked me try out the 1.6, I could not go due to some work

Did you get to check it out ? How did you like it ?? I am sure it was NICE....

Cheers
Old 10th October 2010, 02:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
SS=Speedsport ? Ya he had asked me try out the 1.6, I could not go due to some work

Did you get to check it out ? How did you like it ?? I am sure it was NICE....

Cheers
Make the most of the situation, TD is available why not take it. Before taking a decision

Lot of other choices too, The game is getting exciting for sure.
Old 10th October 2010, 17:58   #143
Senior - BHPian

Had a little chat today.

The options being discussed are :-
# Turbo charging the 1.3 with forged internals & ECU
# Putting in a worked on 1.6 with forged internals & ECU
# Putting in a Twin Cam Gti

Stock engines BHP numbers in order of listing - 87, 94(not sure) & 110

Quote awaited. Will then weigh the cost vs the performance gains & then decide..

Cheers
Old 10th October 2010, 21:00   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a little chat today.

The options being discussed are :-
# Turbo charging the 1.3 with forged internals & ECU
# Putting in a worked on 1.6 with forged internals & ECU
# Putting in a Twin Cam Gti

Stock engines BHP numbers in order of listing - 87, 94(not sure) & 110

Quote awaited. Will then weigh the cost vs the performance gains & then decide..

Cheers
You could turbo the 1.3, then after a couple of months drop a baleno or a cultus block in. Thats what vikram_d did here in bangalore.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:20   #145
BHPian

just close your eyes and go for a 1.3l sohc with forged internal's and a turbo,if you stick to standard bore you run an under square engine by a marginal amount(74mm x 75.5mm),the 1.6 is an undersquare engine by a huge amount(75mm x 90mm),due to the longer stroke its not all that revv happy,so i would suggest you go with the g13b,since your going forged you could even get a 77mm stroker crank for the g13b engine and have the torque and revv happy nature both,just my two bits,hope this helps,cheers,happy revving..!
Old 11th October 2010, 16:56   #146
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the inputs !!!

Quote:
You could turbo the 1.3, then after a couple of months drop a baleno or a cultus block in. Thats what vikram_d did here in bangalore.
Thanks for the inputs. I may just stay with the 1.3 if it makes a good zippy drive, the options beyond that, ya maybe, but let me first get to the start line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
just close your eyes and go for a 1.3l sohc with forged internal's and a turbo,if you stick to standard bore you run an under square engine by a marginal amount(74mm x 75.5mm),the 1.6 is an undersquare engine by a huge amount(75mm x 90mm),due to the longer stroke its not all that revv happy,so i would suggest you go with the g13b,since your going forged you could even get a 77mm stroker crank for the g13b engine and have the torque and revv happy nature both,just my two bits,hope this helps,cheers,happy revving..!

Thanks for the inputs. Do appreciate it. What is the benefit of the 77mm stroker crank pardon my ignorance. I'm technically "not gifted".

Now waiting for the estimate, from Speedsport - sigh !

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 11th October 2010 at 16:57.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:21   #147
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I'd go with what dragger (Nikhil, right?) said. The marginally longer stroke will increase the displacement while keeping the undersquare nature of the engine. More displacement = more power. Of course it's all theoretical with a 1.5mm increase in stroke, until your tuner can actually make the extra displacement count for more power. And with such a small increase in stroke, it won't hamper the rev-happy nature by much.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:11   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I'd go with what dragger (Nikhil, right?) said. The marginally longer stroke will increase the displacement while keeping the undersquare nature of the engine. More displacement = more power. Of course it's all theoretical with a 1.5mm increase in stroke, until your tuner can actually make the extra displacement count for more power. And with such a small increase in stroke, it won't hamper the rev-happy nature by much.

I sincerely appreciate the to the point informative answers / suggestions. At the end of the day I have to trust Phil aka speedsport to turn this thing around - and I have confidence in his abilities.

I am sure this build will be satisfying to the hilt

Just waiting for the estimate (hope it is something my bank will finance :-) & then the stuff to start arriving....

Cheerio

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 11th October 2010 at 21:14.
Old 12th October 2010, 21:59   #149
BHPian

What power output are you targeting? I love the G13B because its one of the most tuner friendly engines in the Suzuki line up. I would say boost it without internals considering its a new engine. Then run around 10-12psi with good tuning. If you want to go beyond that then go forged.
Old 13th October 2010, 10:18   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
What power output are you targeting? I love the G13B because its one of the most tuner friendly engines in the Suzuki line up. I would say boost it without internals considering its a new engine. Then run around 10-12psi with good tuning. If you want to go beyond that then go forged.

I was advised to go Forged from the word go, so as to ensure that there are no blow ups later. Ya, the engine is in perfect shape, just under 38k on the odo.

From what I have heard & read on the forum is that the safe limit would be 7psi, though you have suggested going 10-12 psi on stock internals. I am not very technically informed, hence would refrain to agree or disagree.

This car is not meant for racing or drags etc. It is just a joy-toy for the "boy" in me

I would like to go for total reliability & no corner cutting whatsoever.

Sincerely appreciate your inputs & those of other members who are guiding me

Many thanks !

Most Viewed