Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 11:06   #241
Senior - BHPian

The haltec ECU and the software are very nice interesting. I was playing around with it last night and the flexibility it offers is great. Awesome choice Ricky sir.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:39   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
The clutch came-in almost two days ago, dont know but I think its on the car already. Last two days Phil had been wiring up and setting the ECU, nitrous rightly said this was a true headache but everything is sorted now.

Car was fired up tonight, I just came back from Speedsport so giving you live update. As of now Phil is still at the workshop fine tuning the car, expect a phone call tomorrow

Initial impression was good, We did not go full throttle or full boost as things were still being set.

WOW !! Thanks for the update Manan.. Now I know why Phil has not been answering the phone. Setting up my car's ECU, nice to know that. So how did she sound & run ?

Seems like Sanyam & you are more in touch with what's going on with my car than I am !!! LOL

Maybe Phil wanted to surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Awesome! Nice to know that this project is proceeding at a very good rate. Great work guys
So am I

Quote:
The haltec ECU and the software are very nice interesting. I was playing around with it last night and the flexibility it offers is great. Awesome choice Ricky sir.

Ok so you got a hands on feel of the Haltech eh ?? Lucky you. LOL

So are you getting a Haltech for your Civic now ??

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 30th November 2010 at 11:43.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:06   #243
Senior - BHPian

Anytime, sanyam and me are always into such projects and this was truly one of the best builds I have come across. Moreover I need a empty parking slot at speedsport you know why

Can't wait to see this perform at redline2.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 30th November 2010 at 18:07.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:15   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anytime, sanyam and me are always into such projects and this was truly one of the best builds I have come across. Moreover I need a empty parking slot at speedsport you know why

Can't wait to see this perform at redline2.

Finally got a one liner email from Phil... seems like he got up from sleep answered the mail with a one liner & went off to sleep again.

Can't blame him if he is tuning the car upto 2 in the morning - he needs the rest.

As for the empty slot !! he he my Pajero will occupy that soon. Swift out Pajero in, but that is just routine stuff, no sweat.

Please post your impressions of the power & the suspension if you can

Thanks & Cheerio !!!
Old 1st December 2010, 00:24   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Finally got a one liner email from Phil... seems like he got up from sleep answered the mail with a one liner & went off to sleep again.

Can't blame him if he is tuning the car upto 2 in the morning - he needs the rest.

As for the empty slot !! he he my Pajero will occupy that soon. Swift out Pajero in, but that is just routine stuff, no sweat.

Please post your impressions of the power & the suspension if you can

Thanks & Cheerio !!!
Like I said, we just went out on a small try to check everything is ok, no squeaks or funny noises anywhere. Cant comment really on the suspension or the power as nothing was final then, Phil told me lot of tunning is still left.
Old 1st December 2010, 22:04   #246
Senior - BHPian

Heavy duty work comes when you least expect it. So I have been tied down real bad. No complaints though.

Hence I have yet to see & drive & hear my Swifty

Shall post impressions once I do.

UNLESS Phil takes it for REDLINE2 & wins a couple of trophies !! LOL

Cheerio
Old 5th December 2010, 17:25   #247
Senior - BHPian

Swift streaching her legs !!

Well the turbo install is in place & it seems to be doing fine. The car is today at the REDLINE2. Let us see how she fares

Cheers
Old 6th December 2010, 20:48   #248
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of giving the car a coat of paint (just the exterior) So my Lancer's Bright Red or Hanumanji's Orange ?? Either which way I think I want Graphite grey for the alloys with the chrome lip.

Sounds like a "delicious" combo. (Still awaiting the estimate)

Any views guys ??

Cheerio
Old 6th December 2010, 20:58   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hanumanji's Orange ?? Either which way I think I want Graphite grey for the alloys with the chrome lip.

Sounds like a "delicious" combo. (Still awaiting the estimate)

Any views guys ??

Cheerio

Get lamborgini's fire opal red color done, its nicer that hanumanji's orange.

Pramod
Old 6th December 2010, 21:11   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Get lamborgini's fire opal red color done, its nicer that hanumanji's orange.

Pramod
And more expensive ?? as it carries a fancy name ?? But thanks for the suggestion Pramod !!

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 6th December 2010 at 21:12.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:39   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And more expensive ?? as it carries a fancy name ?? But thanks for the suggestion Pramod !!
Its not, all dupot metallic shades cost the same per liter, this one is from the Lambo catalouge and if you give them the right color name they will find the right code and mix it up for you.

Pramod
Old 6th December 2010, 23:08   #252
BHPian

Ricky were you driving your car in vasant kunj today around 9. heard the blow off valve and caught the live to drive sticker behind your car. if it was yours. it sounds like nirvana! cant find a better word! cheers bro.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:40   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Its not, all dupot metallic shades cost the same per liter, this one is from the Lambo catalouge and if you give them the right color name they will find the right code and mix it up for you.

Pramod

Appreciate what you are saying. But I do not want a Metallic color. The mods have taken up a lot already. I prefer flat paints, as they are easier to touch up in case it is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Ricky were you driving your car in vasant kunj today around 9. heard the blow off valve and caught the live to drive sticker behind your car. if it was yours. it sounds like nirvana! cant find a better word! cheers bro.
Well that is surely my car if it carried a HR 26 regn., but that would be Phil driving it. There are not many Turbo Swifts I know of, so in probability that was my car. Nice to know you liked the sound of it.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 7th December 2010 at 10:43.
Old 7th December 2010, 21:27   #254
Senior - BHPian

FINALLY drove my Swift !!!! My my it is another animal altogther. Wolf in a lamb's clothing is what I would call it.

Start her up & she shows no signs of being anything than a STOCK Swift. That is the best part. The exhaust is like it were stock.

Once you drive her like a normal Swift. LOL You are in for the surprise of your life. 1st gear...accelerate normally..wheel spin & whooooshhh, 2nd gear accelerate "normally" & wheel spin & a whooshhhh, third gear same thing by that time you are in the 140+ territory.

I am loving it !! One of the BEST Birthday presents anyone got - E V E R

The drive was limited as Phil is having a Ball with the car right now. I shall get it day after. There were certain scrapes & things which need to be looked into.

I am impressed with Phil's capability & the way she drives.

Bye bye Linea T-jet welcome Turbo Swift !! Can't get enough of it !

Will post pictures & hopefully videos soon.

I am told the top it managed was close to 230 kmph !!!!! G-Tech of course..the speedo ran out at 200 kmph. Now that is obscene !! LOL

Shhhh

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 7th December 2010 at 21:31.
Old 8th December 2010, 01:15   #255
BHPian

Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Quote:

Shhhh
Congrats, . I havent got a TD as yet but the ones who have are very very impressed. It looks so stock!!! Even the exhaust looks OE. Its quite unfair for your challengers.

Most Viewed