Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 09:33   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Congrats Ricky ji.

Looks like i'll have to pay you a visit next time i'm in delhi.I have got to see that kind of performance.
Old 8th December 2010, 10:36   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Congrats, . I havent got a TD as yet but the ones who have are very very impressed. It looks so stock!!! Even the exhaust looks OE. Its quite unfair for your challengers.

You already have the fastest 800, what will you do with the "oh so common Swift TD" . Oh c'mon you can check her out anytime you want, after I have my fill that is !!

Ya the stock look is what takes the cake. After spending what I did - I think I deserve the "unfair advantage" !! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Congrats Ricky ji.

Looks like i'll have to pay you a visit next time i'm in delhi.I have got to see that kind of performance.

Navpreet you are more than welcome. Maybe we can check it out against your Civic.

Cheerio
Old 8th December 2010, 20:41   #258
BHPian

Congrats on successful completion of the project in such a short period of time.Would love to see the car one day. In the mean time could you share some pics ?
Old 9th December 2010, 09:50   #259
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Amey, "short period" ?? I think it was way toooo loooong !! Well I guess buying bolt on stuff has it's advantages. There was only very little customization.Whereas you are doing a totally custom setup. So that is going to take longer.

Will certainly post the pictures once the car is with me. So far Phil is busy driving it around & finding reasons to keep it for a day & another & another !! LOL

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 9th December 2010 at 09:53.
Old 10th December 2010, 17:21   #260
Senior - BHPian

Ok so finally got the car home. Here are some pics I took in a hurry. Will post a detailed impression once I form one
Attached Thumbnails
"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-turbo-005.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-turbo-004.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-turbo-006.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-turbo-007.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-turbo-008.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-turbo-009.jpg  

Old 10th December 2010, 18:03   #261
Senior - BHPian

Perfect bolt on execution.Now lets see how long it lasts and i'm expecting a new benchmark for tuning in india.I really wish you don't need to go forged any time soon unless its a want for more power.What is the boost you're running at right now?
Old 10th December 2010, 19:58   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perfect bolt on execution.Now lets see how long it lasts and i'm expecting a new benchmark for tuning in india.I really wish you don't need to go forged any time soon unless its a want for more power.What is the boost you're running at right now?

Yeah it sure looks neat. Performs very well, more on that later. Given the quality of parts used, I think it should last !! I would go forged at some point, but I really wish it is coz I want to & not because I have to

She is running at 9psi right now. I told Phil that seemed a little ambitious, but he seemed quite confident. Time will tell.

Cheerio
Old 10th December 2010, 22:12   #263
Senior - BHPian

Thats great! Don't we have any dyno in delhi.Not even at any of the manufacturing units nearby which you could use with the help of some contacts?

The Red Rooster's dyno looked like a pretty compact machine.I hope they organize something like a dyno run shootout in north india too.
Old 11th December 2010, 11:03   #264
BHPian

Lovely photos Ricky Sir. Glad that it has all turned out brilliantly and quickly.I just love the stock look of the car,thats basically how I like it, a bit understated is always elegant and classy and in this case well disguised
Top notch installation and looks very OEM and bolt on like.Me likes!
Old 11th December 2010, 13:30   #265
BHPian

@uncle ricky : ambitious ? do you have a reference to what 7-8-9 psi feels like from before ? hmmm please do not misunderstand the linerity of the way the turbo comes on, i can change the map to make it feel like all hell broke loose which comes at a cost of driveability .

cheers
Old 11th December 2010, 17:15   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats great! Don't we have any dyno in delhi.Not even at any of the manufacturing units nearby which you could use with the help of some contacts?

The Red Rooster's dyno looked like a pretty compact machine.I hope they organize something like a dyno run shootout in north india too.

How I wish one comes up. Then we have a good reference point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Lovely photos Ricky Sir. Glad that it has all turned out brilliantly and quickly.I just love the stock look of the car,thats basically how I like it, a bit understated is always elegant and classy and in this case well disguised
Top notch installation and looks very OEM and bolt on like.Me likes!

Thanks Amey. Ya it seems nice & seems stock
Installation credit is to Speedsport - I had nothing to do with it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
@uncle ricky : ambitious ? do you have a reference to what 7-8-9 psi feels like from before ? hmmm please do not misunderstand the linerity of the way the turbo comes on, i can change the map to make it feel like all hell broke loose which comes at a cost of driveability .

cheers
Beta Phil

Ambitious yes & no. When I compare it from what it was to what it is now. It is like a Mule vs a racing horse. Thanks for the suggestion, but for me even this much is good enough. I don't want "any more" of hell breaking loose.

I like it as it is. Seems tame if you drive with a light foot & outrageous when you push the pedal.

The suspension also handles very nicely. The best I managed was a 165 on an early morning deserted road run, somewhere beyond civilization.

Cheers
Old 11th December 2010, 18:56   #267
Senior - BHPian

Ok now here is the driving experience ! In the hands of an untrained or novice driver, it'd be a monster unleashed - uncontrollable.

There is a lot of torque steer, much more than what it had when it was running the cam. The RPM needle nudges the redline before you know it. In second gear you are at around a 100 kmph & before you know it, 3rd gears brings in the 130 - 140 mark hurtling at you. The "being pushed back" feeling is there from 1st thru 3rd, each accompanied by whooosh of the BOV & the wheelspin.

Whilst all this sounds scary edge of the seat excitement, the Tein suspension is doing it's job brilliantly. Undulations of the road which previously were unsettling are now barely noticeable.

If driven post 140 kmph (which is very rare) the brakes seem inadequate. Though it has almost brand new pads (SGP) which had been put in about 1000 kms back.

All in all a brilliant package. The best part is the linear power delivery. You never seem to feel it is out of steam or too brutish - basically well spread out power.

If driven like a normal car it will seem like any other Swift. Especially now as the FFE is totally silent. The whooosh is the only thing that's a give away.

So far - loving it. Will go to Speedsport tomorrow for a few adjustments. Hopefully a Video will follow if I find my camera

So this is the story so far.

Cheers
Old 11th December 2010, 21:10   #268
Senior - BHPian

One irritant I noticed today was the engine check light. The car is running the stock ECU + the Haltech....but the engine check light in a constant. Would really want that to go off, if nothing else it is an irritant.

Let's see if we can figure that out !

Cheerio
Old 11th December 2010, 21:25   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
One irritant I noticed today was the engine check light. The car is running the stock ECU + the Haltech....but the engine check light in a constant. Would really want that to go off, if nothing else it is an irritant.

Let's see if we can figure that out !

Cheerio
Get a stand alone ECU, the stock ECU will throw the check engine light once being pushed. Best thing is to go the madagascar way "Problemo Solved" If you know what i mean .

Pramod
Old 11th December 2010, 21:32   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Get a stand alone ECU, the stock ECU will throw the check engine light once being pushed. Best thing is to go the madagascar way "Problemo Solved" If you know what i mean .

Pramod

Give me a break - I spent a packet on the Haltech. No more expense ! Just hope this can be sorted.

Thanks for the advice though !

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks