Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 20:21   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hey my Swift has finally been featured in the July 2011 AUTOCAR !! The editorial is badly written & the best photographs have not been printed, anyway an article nonetheless.

Cheers
Congrats Ricky! I too, was looking forward to penning shots of your red Swifty since you had made me have high hopes in your previous post. But alas....

Do you have personal copies of any of those 'car in motion' pics by any chance? Please post if you have any!

BTW, I love the 'tweaked' sticker from SpeedSport! Should I get it! Naah, once I get my car TC'ed!

Edit: Whats the reason your car doesn't start at first crank? Pardon me if I missed it earlier!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 29th June 2011 at 20:30.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:27   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Congrats Ricky! I too, was looking forward to penning shots of your red Swifty since you have made me have high hopes in your previous post. But alas....

Do you have personal copies of any of those 'car in motion' pics by any chance? Please post if you have any!

BTW, I love the 'tweaked' sticker from SpeedSport! Should I get it! Naah, once I get my car TC'ed!

Thanks have asked for them to give me the real nice pics....that is the car racing / sliding / raising dust clouds. Yet to get them. Let's see when I get them. Would certainly post them when I get them

Cheers
Old 15th July 2011, 09:59   #378
Senior - BHPian

The car is back at Speedsport, for sorting out the small niggles and the regular service. Shall update once the car is done & back with me.

The car is in August company there with the Nissan 300 SX Twin Turbo, a B16 City, a Civic getting a Turbo setup etc. Just hope my little car does not come back with an inferiority complex

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th July 2011 at 10:01.
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 18:47   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is back at Speedsport, for sorting out the small niggles and the regular service. Shall update once the car is done & back with me.

The car is in August company there with the Nissan 300 SX Twin Turbo, a B16 City, a Civic getting a Turbo setup etc. Just hope my little car does not come back with an inferiority complex

Cheers
If it is parked at SPeeDsport how about changing those Pistons and Rods with forged counterparts and increasing th boost ?? How about giving that 300ZX a run for its money ??
Old 15th July 2011, 19:09   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
If it is parked at SPeeDsport how about changing those Pistons and Rods with forged counterparts and increasing th boost ?? How about giving that 300ZX a run for its money ??

Thank you very much for those mean ideas I think we'll let your Honda City fulfill that role for now, why drag my poor little car into the big boys.

On a serious note. The forged internals will happen but not just yet. I am happy with what I have, quite honestly it is quite a handful for my ageing bones I'll let the forged this & that & more for the young & the restless for now !!

Cheers
Old 15th July 2011, 19:12   #381
Senior - BHPian

No matter how fast cars we can build, Somebody has to drive them also. With Phil on the wheel of any car with half the power what I or you may drive, He will still be faster.

All those years of experience is something one can never get. His driving skills are pure magic !!
Old 17th July 2011, 18:57   #382
Senior - BHPian

I am told all the mechanicals of the car are sorted, I have not been able to go there in a while. Mr. Speedsport is any which way out of the humid weather & into some very nice climatic zone at this moment.

So once he is back, I shall take a call & get the car !!

So long !!
Old 1st August 2011, 19:33   #383
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE :

The car has been with Speedsport for a few weeks now. The car has been given it's 5000 kms oil / filter change, and ofcourse the regular service. Power window switches were broken - don't ask me how . The driver door was misaligned due to screwdriver stuck in the door while the turbo was being put in, that has been adjusted. Front bumper replaced, front fender linings replaced. New mudflaps installed, front headlights smoked on the periphery only, so would not effect the lighting. (This came off a friend's Swift who was selling his car, so we just swapped the HL's)

The starting trouble of the Swift, has been diagnosed to the fuel pump. Apparently as startup the pump was not providing enough fuel, hence the jerky start. Sounds logical. The injectors have been cleaned, the fuel tank has been cleaned, the fuel pump is being replaced.

Was supposed to get it today, but have not as yet. Maybe Phil is giving it the final once over !!

Will post my impressions once I take her for a spin. So all in all, it seems like it was not the ECU playing up, just a simple fuel pump !! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 1st August 2011 at 19:41.
Old 4th August 2011, 10:16   #384
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys the car is back from Speedsport. The starting trouble seems to have gone. She now starts on 2nd crank like any normal car !! What a relief. Have to yet drive her as she was delivered in my absence & I got in late night yesterday.

Shall update my impressions & maybe some pictures later in the day.

Cheers
Old 4th August 2011, 17:25   #385
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE

Drove the car after many days today, after it came back from Speedsport. It put a BIG smile on my face.

Posting some pictures of the Blackened headlight, the Tien Suspension

The car is driving fine. The idle is smooth - the acceleration - brutish !!

Here goes !!
Attached Thumbnails
"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-black-hls-001.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-black-hls-002.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-black-hls-008.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-black-hls-011.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-black-hls-013.jpg  

"The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!-swift-black-hls-016.jpg  

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 4th August 2011 at 17:29.
Ricky_63 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 17:45   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok guys the car is back from Speedsport. The starting trouble seems to have gone. She now starts on 2nd crank like any normal car !! What a relief. Have to yet drive her as she was delivered in my absence & I got in late night yesterday.

Shall update my impressions & maybe some pictures later in the day.

Cheers
Nice updates,but pics need to be clicked at a different angle,as of now,i was not able to make out much regarding the headlights.
and yeah a normal car starts on 1st crank
Old 4th August 2011, 18:02   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice updates,but pics need to be clicked at a different angle,as of now,i was not able to make out much regarding the headlights.
and yeah a normal car starts on 1st crank

OK - will post pics specially of the lights lit up...& try to get different angles. As for starting on 1st crank you said it !! That is for NORMAL cars, this one is NOT normal now - is it ??

Cheers
Old 4th August 2011, 18:50   #388
Senior - BHPian

Smoked Headlights look Yummm!

Do you need to take any prcautions while washing the engine bay with compressed water? where is the ECU located (engine bay or behind the dash)? Take care and drive safe.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 19:03   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Smoked Headlights look Yummm!

Do you need to take any prcautions while washing the engine bay with compressed water? where is the ECU located (engine bay or behind the dash)? Take care and drive safe.
Thanks - ya these ones I like, coz there is no blackening of the lens.
The beam is as good as it is in stock.

As for washing the engine bay, the only precaution I took was to cover the Air filter & valve breather with plastic - that kept the water out, and I made sure the plastic is removed before the engine is cranked. The ECU is behind the dash / glove box

Cheers
Old 6th August 2011, 19:28   #390
Senior - BHPian

Correct me if I am wrong. Yokohama India sells S-Drive in 205/55/15, but believe you me they are NOT available off the shelf !! Why - God only knows.

I was debating between Advan Neovas & S-Drives. I can get both, but the Advans are way more expensive, & the "current" power at the wheels does not warrant the Advans - right ?

So I think I will change over to the S-Drives for now. What should I be paying for them with B&W ??

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks